Navigation
operator
operator - velvetglow
velvetglow
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 68
View Profile
Posted: 2015-04-16 12:00:18

Please do not take this as a marketing strategy, but I got to give due where it belongs . Visited Velvetglow for the second time today, had the honours of lindsay in my presence. She is not only stunning but has the most incredible personality. Massage was great time flew . The venue is really upmarket and the owner a stunning and friendly lady as well unfortunately I don't think she gives massages . the owners professionalism and the venue and the stunning ladies this place is definitely a cut above the rest. Tnx once again for a awesome time Velvetglow.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: velvetglow
Re: velvetglow
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2015-04-16 12:24:41

Do they advertise on here?
operator
operator - Re: velvetglow
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 69
View Profile
Posted: 2015-04-16 12:40:32

Yes they do and they are in pta east
[deleted]
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2015-04-16 12:42:47

All the best massage venues are either in pta or the east.. Sandton area needs a good massage venue.
[deleted]
Less than 40 posts
Posted: 2015-04-16 14:10:50

I fully agree with operator. I haven't found a better venue in Pretoria, clean, safe, friendly and damn fine massage therapist!!!!!
Shelley
Shelley - Re: velvetglow
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 879
  View Profile  
Posted: 2015-04-16 15:56:42

@operator, why have you not given her the review, raving about her here will be gone by tomorrow but put it on her profile and it's there forever.
operator
operator - Re: velvetglow
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 70
View Profile
Posted: 2015-04-16 16:33:25

Shelly not raving about her dear. Just stating my personal opinion on the venue, it's an open forum just giving my fellow punters some info.
Shelley
Shelley - Re: velvetglow
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 880
  View Profile  
Posted: 2015-04-16 18:18:54

I was just saying that a review on the Valvetglow's profile and on Lindsay's profile would also be nice....cause in a few days this thread is gone and forgotten about :-)
[deleted]
[deleted] - VELVEGLOW: Fords and Merc's
VELVEGLOW: Fords and Merc's
Less than 5 posts
Posted: 2015-04-18 15:38:12

I do fully agree with Operator's VELVETGLOW post on 16 April. www.esa.co.za/forum/thread.php

Surely VELVETGLOW is the Mercedes (if not the Rolls Royce) of Pretoria venues - exceptionally nice, upperclass. And the girls are just truly awesome (looks and personality).

BUT, I want to raise two issues, which i think Karen/Management/Owners should consider:

1) TIME MANAGEMENT: The issue is that you do not get the advertised time with the therapist. More than one therapist has told me personally that it is policy that clients needs to be out 5min BEFORE the time elapses, so as to be able to get the new client in.

I have no problem in paying for a Mercedes (i.e. superior quality). But i get very annoyed when paying Mercedes price and receiving a Ford in return. When the add says R700/hour, but you get only a max of 55min, you are effectively paying R763/hour (i.e. R700/55*60). That's not fair!

Moreover, i have a feeling that we loose more than 5mins. I have found that sometimes the clock starts ticking when you press the bell at the gate. Well from that point (and sometimes they delay opening the gate 1-2 minutes), until inside the room, takes not very far from 5mins. If you wish, add to that the time of a shower before and after, and you are easily down to 45 mins massage at most on a good day. (At another popular Pretoria venue, the clock only starts ticking, once you have got out of the 1st shower...). And check the clock in the room - often 5mins ahead of standard time.. Anyhow, If the R700 quoted rate applies to an effective 45 min massage, the real rate is actually R933/hour....

If you doubt my arithmetic, consider the following. VELVETGLOW has about 6 masseuses and 6 rooms. At peak time, i suspect 3-4 customers must be leaving, whilst 3-4 new customers might be arriving. That is 6-8 clients (let's call that 7) clients needing to move in and out within 5 mins. Maintaining privacy (which i think they do a good job of) is not possible in 5mins for 7 people....Somebody must be getting screwed (no pun intended).

Like i said, i have no problem in paying for a Merc and getting a Merc's value. But seems unfair to me to publish R700/hour when you are at best getting around 45mins. The right thing to do, would be to state that you are paying R700/45min...Because at an effective R700/45min for a Merc at VELVETGLOW, the Ford elsewhere at R600/60min might start looking not such a bad deal...

2) PRICING: So the pricing for 30, 60 & 90 mins is R500, R700 and R1000 respectively. This means the first half-hour costs R500, the 2nd half-hour costs R200 (R700-R500) and the 3rd half-hour costs R300 (R1000-R700). Why does the third half-hour cost more than the second half-hour? Considering my arguments above, you would think that they would try to encourage longer visits to decrease the volume of clients going in and out the premises. Why up the price on the 3rd half-hour? Presumably the 3rd half-hour should also cost R200 (or even less)...

Let me state again that i think VELVETGLOW is GREAT. I love it, love the venue, love the girls! Happy to pay for a Merc, and get a Merc, but do not like it when i get less than advertised (on the 1st issue)....
[deleted]
Less than 40 posts
Posted: 2015-04-18 16:31:19

@Stomerik, good argument! Just a pity 'no-one' of note is going to see or answer to it........

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.