Kooni
Kooni - Re: At what level?
Re: At what level?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1225
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 07:40:25

On 2020-05-25 09:22:15 Sabrina @ Be-sensual said:
Do you guys honestly still buy into the 'fact' that Corona is such a huge threat? There are so many other contagious diseases that people are dying from on a much larger scale, not to mention the (give or take) 60 murders that take place in this country on a daily basis. Yet you used to leave your house and go out with that very real danger staring you in the face. I'm not being funny, I just don't get why people are still panicking when it's so obvious that the government is riding this 'pandemic wave' for their own gain. Just look at our lovely 'Health Minister' for a prime example.

It is maybe time to widen your horizons and realize this pandemic is not local, it is worldwide. Government is not the reason for the pandemic, but they do have a responsibility to keep all citizens safe, not just the younger generation. Might just be in your own interest to take this pandemic a little more serious.

Government do lose a lot more through the current economy, there is absolutely no gain in it for them.
UnlikelySuspect
UnlikelySuspect - Re: At what level?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 892
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 07:45:00
Edited: 2020-05-26 07:45:51

On 2020-05-26 07:40:25 Kooni said:
On 2020-05-25 09:22:15 Sabrina @ Be-sensual said: Do you guys honestly still buy into the 'fact' that Corona is such a huge threat? There are so many other contagious diseases that people are dying from on a much larger scale, not to mention the (give or take) 60 murders that take place in this country on a daily basis. Yet you used to leave your house and go out with that very real danger staring you in the face. I'm not being funny, I just don't get why people are still panicking when it's so obvious that the government is riding this 'pandemic wave' for their own gain. Just look at our lovely 'Health Minister' for a prime example.

It is maybe time to widen your horizons and realize this pandemic is not local, it is worldwide. Government is not the reason for the pandemic, but they do have a responsibility to keep all citizens safe, not just the younger generation. Might just be in your own interest to take this pandemic a little more serious.

Government do lose a lot more through the current economy, there is absolutely no gain in it for them.

Hey Kooni, what is your take on them allowing alcohol and not smokes?

And I beg to differ that is no gain for them in all of this.
BOOBS53
BOOBS53 - Re: At what level?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 9662
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 07:56:52

On 2020-05-26 07:45:00 UnlikelySuspect said:
.. what is your take on them allowing alcohol ..

This is still mind boggling to me. Remember the reason in the beginning for banning the selling of alcohol .. to open beds for the virus patients, the reasoning be that plenty of accidents is cause by the use of alcohol and they need the beds.

What have change in the meantime ???
UnlikelySuspect
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 894
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 08:00:23

On 2020-05-26 07:56:52 BOOBS53 said:
On 2020-05-26 07:45:00 UnlikelySuspect said: .. what is your take on them allowing alcohol ..

This is still mind boggling to me. Remember the reason in the beginning for banning the selling of alcohol .. to open beds for the virus patients, the reasoning be that plenty of accidents is cause by the use of alcohol and they need the beds.

What have change in the meantime ???

Boobs it makes no sense. All it suggests is that there is something else going on...
Crave
Crave - Re: At what level?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1788
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 08:04:57

I think NDZ has made a concession as there is civil unrest brewing around the alcohol thing, and she wants to protect her tobacco interests by shifting the spotlight
BOOBS53
BOOBS53 - Re: At what level?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 9663
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 08:12:45
Edited: 2020-05-26 08:13:23

On 2020-05-26 08:04:57 Crave said:
I think NDZ has made a concession as there is civil unrest brewing around the alcohol thing, and she wants to protect her tobacco interests by shifting the spotlight

You sir .. are one clever man. Have a bells .. but only next week .. lol ;)
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: At what level?
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2020-05-26 08:18:12

If I look at the opinions of all my friends they can be broken down into two main groups:
1. People who are self employed and have not been earning an income during the lock down.
2. People who are employed and have been earning an income during the lock down.

If I look at the consensus of each group, I can say that most of the people in group 1, would like the economy to open up fully. The majority of those in group 2, want the lock down to continue and everyone to stay at home.

I am self employed with a number of different business units and I am fortunate that one out of five of my businesses have been able to trade during the lock down. Without that income I would have had to make alternative plans.

I think we need to weigh up the risks of catching and dying from the virus (actual fatality rate roughly 2.5% of those infected or 0.0003% of the total population)

Me personally, I want the economy open. As said by many, I have a far greater risk of dying from other causes than from the virus.

Final thought: There is a huge difference between dying from the virus and dying with the virus. All governments around the world are recording deaths of people WITH the virus as a Covid death.
Louise ( Miss Red)
Louise ( Miss Red) - Re: At what level?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2673
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-05-26 08:18:17

On 2020-05-26 08:12:45 BOOBS53 said:
On 2020-05-26 08:04:57 Crave said: I think NDZ has made a concession as there is civil unrest brewing around the alcohol thing, and she wants to protect her tobacco interests by shifting the spotlight

You sir .. are one clever man. Have a bells .. but only next week .. lol ;)

can plug a chicken alive.. if he is hungry he will still eat the crumbs from your hand.. This is what they doing to this country...
Kooni
Kooni - Re: At what level?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1226
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 08:37:41

Your lungs are affected by smoking, and those around you via 2nd hand smoking. Only your health are affected by your drinking.

The thinking is therefore that less people will be affected via the lifting of the alcohol ban.

Although it does not make sense, that is how the cookie crumbles
UnlikelySuspect
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 895
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 08:50:15

On 2020-05-26 08:37:41 Kooni said:
Your lungs are affected by smoking, and those around you via 2nd hand smoking. Only your health are affected by your drinking.

The thinking is therefore that less people will be affected via the lifting of the alcohol ban.

Although it does not make sense, that is how the cookie crumbles

Yeah. But nobody goes out to make kak when they smoke. Alcohol though...

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.