On 2020-09-15 11:46:00 Kimmylee said:
When you're out there give Caesar, Brutus or Shakespeare his money.
On 2020-09-15 11:46:00 Kimmylee said:
I always say, if you're hungry go eat at home. When you're out there give Caesar, Brutus or Shakespeare his money.
On 2020-09-15 11:09:24 cremesoda said:
I'm a fan of 2hr+ bookings when I have the time but I find when I call and ask about rates I'm often told that a 2hr booking is 2x my hour rate (or, even worse, my 90 minute rate is my hour + my 30 minute rate)
This doesn't make much sense as the SP (for example) may charge R700/30mins or R1000/hr meaning the marginal rate for the second 30 minutes is R300? Surely this could be continued in a similar way to R1600/2hrs rather than R2000?
What's the views of everyone else on this?
On 2020-09-15 11:58:59 cremesoda said:
On 2020-09-15 11:46:00 Kimmylee said: When you're out there give Caesar, Brutus or Shakespeare his money.
Completely agree. I would never attempt to negotiate a lower rate just because it doesn't match what I think the SP should charge.
When I am confronted with a 2x hourly = 2hr rate, I simply just book for an hour or decline to book and methinks that's the SP's loss more than mine.
On 2020-09-15 12:01:59 Kimmylee said:
Then you pay for somebody else's cooking. They cooked for you to eat. Didn't they? So pay up without raising a conscience. 2 hours double the price is time. Whether you're relaxing in between or working hard the full 2 hours on the clock will not cease to tick.