So the other day here I am browsing the forum. See a great special advertised. R400 off a full hour.
Thing is, I've spoken to the WG in question before, asked the rates, services etc. So obviously I had an idea of what the special rate would be i.e. normal rate less R400. I was already getting a little excited. My wallet as well.
I call up said WG and ask about about the special and lo and behold the "special" rate is exactly the same as the normal rate. Exactly the same.
Of course I had to ask "isn't that the same as your normal rate which you quoted me on a few days ago?" To which she comes up with about 10 different excuses such as "it's a weekend", "I'm in a new area", "how can I charge so little". You're the one who posted the "special" honey. Not me.
The other thing is, prior to this scam I would have probably booked her at her normal rate during the following week but now the fact that she's trying to scam me makes me wonder: Will she offer the services promised? Or is that a lie as well?
Ladies a word of advice. Don't post a "special" unless it's actually a special. It really ruins your credibility. If you're just trying to get attention/exposure on the forum rather make a post advertising your services.
And many people are and will be "caught" because something is called a "special".
Black Friday is when lots of peopke get caught, sometimes even paying more.
[deleted]
[deleted] -
Re: BS Specials
Re: BS Specials
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2020-10-27 15:05:26
I experience this everytime where you've seen someone before and you see that they are running a special but they quote you the normal rate. I've caught many sp's out like this. Only when you mention the special will they remember it all of a sudden. I'm sorry I am not interested anymore if you tried to not give me the benefit of a special that you are running thats available to everyone. Its disgusting actually that regulars who have been supporting them are being milked in this way. A regular who perhaps didn't see the special unwittingly then pays a higher rate.
@jtrdbn yup seen that special as well. Got excited too. Guess some ladies don't realise that we know their actual prices. We do research. Lol
[deleted]
[deleted] -
Re: BS Specials
Re: BS Specials
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2020-10-27 15:17:40
Also check for which period they are running the special as some girls complain that guys phone after the special has finished. In my case I've always called on the day/s the special is and during the indicated time and I still get quoted the higher price.
I have encountered this a few times. The last SP spun me a story that her 'normal' rates have increased. The special happened to be exactly the same as what her usual rate used to be.
What you encountered certainty sounds like click bait advertising;) And certainly would leave someone a bit pissed off.
But before everyone thinks this is click baiting all the time when you get qouted normal rates and get mad.. consider that there might be few legit reasons for being quoted normal rates instead of special rate.
1.Sometimes specials are date or time specific. So missing the deadline might cause you to encounter normal rates quoted. Not her fault u missed the deadline and she is under no obligation to still offer you a discount.
2. Normally girls will ask you to mention a phrase or something in their post for you to qualify for the special. If you don't mention it you might encounter normal prices.( Sometimes they forget to add a phrase for guys to qoute so reminding her about where you saw her special should not be a problem and you will get the special rate)
3. Sometimes specials are site specific. A special will only be for punters form the site where it is adverised. Girls advertise on multiple sites and might run a special on esa today but a different special on another site tomorrow and because it is aimed at esa clients means she will not automatically mention special rate to everyone that calls, how must she know you phoned on her esa advert.( Not all girls walk around with 6 different phones for 6 different sites) So if you don't greet by saying .. hi I saw your post on esa forum/twitter today. You will encounter normal rates.
You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only
takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please
log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.