Navigation
Blaza
Blaza - Re: Staying in an unhappy marriage
Re: Staying in an unhappy marriage
Basic Member
Joined:
27 Mar 2012
Posts to Date: 306
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-29 05:08:33

I stayed in an unhappy marriage for a few years. In hindsight, it was not a good idea for all involved including the kids. Divorce is scary though hence we always use the excuse of staying for the kids but the reality for me anyway was that I was scared to deal with the uncertainty and disruption that comes along with divorce.

In the end though, I had to bite the bullet. Nobody benefits from an unhappy marriage, least of all the kids
jackd14u
jackd14u - Re: Staying in an unhappy marriage
Re: Staying in an unhappy marriage
Basic Member
Joined:
2 Aug 2015
Posts to Date: 341
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-29 07:22:04

Better to come from a broken home than to live in a broken home!
Massage Inc
Massage Inc - Re: Staying in an unhappy marriage
Re: Staying in an unhappy marriage
Advertiser
Joined:
21 Jul 2016
Posts to Date: 2635
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-05-29 10:01:33

On 2020-05-19 18:38:22 MikeHunt said:
How many of the people on this forum stay in an unhappy marriage because of their kids ?



I'm sure many!

Advice from another doctor (Dr John Bergman) is the following:

Treat her as if you were madly in love for 90 days.
Spoil her.
Touch her.
Whisper in her ear how sexy you think she is.
Tell her you love her.
Make love to her with passion.
Talk and I mean really talk to her.
Do everything you did when you first got together!
At first it may not be easy but persist and do not stop.

And after 90 days your relationship will either be over or blossom into true love again.


Isn't it worth a try!

xxxx


www.youtube.com/watch
shane8
shane8 - Re: Staying in an unhappy marriage
Re: Staying in an unhappy marriage
Gold Member
Joined:
15 Jun 2011
Posts to Date: 267
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-29 13:25:51

I get what you saying Mike,
Many of us in unhappy marriage but the wife and I both stay in it for the kids. The wife is not a bad person but admitted in counselling that i try and she just does not want to.

She is in well cared environment and a good mother but not interested in me only what I can provide.
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: Staying in an unhappy marriage
Re: Staying in an unhappy marriage
Basic Member
Joined:
30 Dec 2005
Posts to Date: 6018
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-29 22:30:04

I'm told that a charade in which the wife impersonates a wg works wonders.
oraljim
oraljim - Re: Staying in an unhappy marriage
Re: Staying in an unhappy marriage
Gold Member
Joined:
3 Sep 2013
Posts to Date: 1685
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-30 12:04:37

On 2020-05-19 18:38:22 MikeHunt said:
How many of the people on this forum stay in an unhappy marriage because of their kids ?



I don't think it's ever really "for their kids". Children are remarkably perceptive, especially to negative emotions. Its a sense that has evolved over millions of years and their brains are good at it. No matter how much you think you are pulling the wool over their eyes they will know the parents aren't happy.

Parents stay together for selfish, or financial reasons. It's NEVER about the kids despite the vociferous proclamations that it is.
Tobago
Tobago - Re: Staying in an unhappy marriage
Re: Staying in an unhappy marriage
Gold Member
Joined:
23 Nov 2006
Posts to Date: 353
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-30 12:17:31

My experience, when friends got divorced with young kids it affected the kids badly.
When I got divorced (amicably.. it IS possible) my 16 year old son asked what took us so long? When I quizzed him on it he said he could see we have been unhappy for years...shortly after we separated he told both of us how happy he was to see that we are now happy..
Depends on the kid and on how you do it. From the outset we were very careful not to involve him in disputes.
The final straw was realising (as an older person) that I would hate to spend the rest of my life with this person and perhaps grow to hate them. Rather be alone and happy than together and unhappy.
I had 4 very happy single years after that but have now found an awesome partner.

Reply

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend


Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.