Cruise Control
Cruise Control - Re: Premier league is back
Re: Premier league is back
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 39
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-12 18:26:36
Edited: 2016-08-12 18:27:14

Big names dont win games, its how the team performs as a unit, this years title looks wide open, i think liverpool has a good manager, utd under heavy pressure 2 perform, mourinho has no face leaving chelsea n coming 2 utd in the same league, very unprofessional!
I think chelsea players pushed him out.
City always look good.
I dnt c leicester doing anything special.
Arsenal top 3.
Chelsea also a good outfit

[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Premier league is back
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-08-12 18:30:58
Edited: 2016-08-12 18:32:01

J-Man , Rooney not as effective as a striker, but still a great provider.

Zlatan a pensioner ? He will end up top scorer this season. Still miles ahead of Vardy or anyone else for that matter.

The guy with the hair ? Belgium Marouane Fellaini. Watch him come into his own. Tall, fast, I like him.

For the first time in years I believe United has a team that can win the leaugue.

We were the (Nicky) Butt of jokes for a while, now it is our turn.

Cheers.

The banter and jokes are innocent, relax Sir. Blowing off steam and needling the poor Pudlians ? That is just priceless.

iamfunluva
iamfunluva - Re: Premier league is back
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1549
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-12 18:44:46

Zlatan and Pogbs are definitely going to be sparks this season
They have the skill and attitude and arrogance that is needed for success.

Agree with Pieterd. Banter is good and I don't think it's ever personal
Liverfool supporters deserve it lol
J-man
J-man - Re: Premier league is back
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 42
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-12 19:30:02

On 2016-08-12 18:30:58 pieterd002 said:
J-Man , Rooney not as effective as a striker, but still a great provider.

Zlatan a pensioner ? He will end up top scorer this season. Still miles ahead of Vardy or anyone else for that matter.

The guy with the hair ? Belgium Marouane Fellaini. Watch him come into his own. Tall, fast, I like him.

For the first time in years I believe United has a team that can win the leaugue.

We were the (Nicky) Butt of jokes for a while, now it is our turn.

Cheers.

The banter and jokes are innocent, relax Sir. Blowing off steam and needling the poor Pudlians ? That is just priceless.

Can't argue with that ;)

I'm cool as can be just a rule for the thread. Didn't imply that I find anything offensive.
garyj
garyj - Re: Premier league is back
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1406
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-12 20:31:57

How many times have I said this over the years so ill say it again ,I think this is Arsenals year
[deleted]
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-08-12 20:47:16

Youngest team in the premiership, great young manager, attractive football playing as a TEAM (until we bottled it against West Brom leading to the last game),COYS!!!!
LLCOOLJ
LLCOOLJ - Re: Premier league is back
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 77
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-12 21:13:51

Proud Man Utd supporter and we definitely have a great team.Good luck gents on your teams.Remember the ball is round....
J-man
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 43
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-12 21:14:46

On 2016-08-12 20:31:57 garyj said:
How many times have I said this over the years so ill say it again ,I think this is Arsenals year

It's going to be a good game on Sunday.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-08-12 21:27:45

Glad to see there are a few soccernatics on the forum. Looking forward to some serious discussions after the weekend's games.

Something different to discuss other than the usual servings.

J-Man, why did you say you were surprised by my insight ? Been a football fan since the first European Championships were broadcasted here in SA in 1988. Saw Marco van Basten score an incredible goal, Ruud Gullit leading Holland to the title, and been an AC Milan follower as the Dutchmen moved there (Rijkaard). The glory years of Milan.

Still have some games on VHS tapes. Probably the best side I have ever seen in action. Baresi, Maldini, Ancelotti, the three Dutch wizards. Unbelievable. Got the shirt.

Then United with Robson leading them, the Cantona days, Keane the Destroyer. And David. They were great to look at.

Got hooked then and never looked back. Helped a bit that some close friends also fanatics. We watch together when we can.

Cheers all
J-man
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 44
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-12 23:27:14

With the name pieter and being from Pta I may have misjudged you.

Yeah the classic milan side, only saw clips from classic football shows. Was still a kid in the late 80's. Are you perhaps referring to the van Basten goal in the 88 euros? The volley from an acute angle? That is the goal I remember most.

I'm a second generation Liverpool fan so didn't even witness the glory days. Grew up watching the likes of Fowler, McManaman, Redknapp and Barnes in the twilight of his career. I can categorically state that i have been the butt of jokes for quite a long time. Still think it's the best club though.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.