Navigation
Cindy
Cindy - Just a thought
Just a thought
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 116
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-12-26 03:23:52

Dear ESA. Ever thought of bringing in emoticons in the discussions?
johndoe69za
johndoe69za - Re: Just a thought
Re: Just a thought
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 483
View Profile
Posted: 2016-12-26 11:30:11
Edited: 2016-12-26 11:30:38

Unfortunately I have never seen a penis, vagina or boobs emicons so.....
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Just a thought
Less than 40 posts
Posted: 2016-12-26 16:25:15

the problem with emoticons is that there are thousands. Whenever I receive a text with one (& people like to use 3 or 4 for some reason) I spend half an hour trying to figure out which one/s they are and what they are trying to "say".
the subtle differences between the thousands available make it a "nightmare" for me - but then again I am a bit blind!!
oraljim
oraljim - Re: Just a thought
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1485
View Profile
Posted: 2016-12-26 18:19:57
Edited: 2016-12-26 18:21:04

Cindy, emoticons were a thing here before and due to the abuse of a few, they were removed. Pretend that X was a smiley face and imagine every topic looking like this:
XXXXXX available today XXXXXX

and I do mean *EVERY* post, from one lady in particular although others did it. It made the forums look really ugly, especially if you were viewing it on certain devices.

Emoticons are *NOT* universally supported. Despite Uniocde's best efforts the various manufacturers have not standardised on what emoji equates to what picture. By contrast, every single device knows that an A is an A. So what may look "cute" (that was Tanya's reason for littering EVERY topic with emojis) on your device looks shit on another device because it may not have the same set of emojis.

I for one am glad they are gone - it makes an otherwise extremely professional looking website look like a retarded child on ecstasy took a massive dump all over the pages.

You can still type :) and :* and :p and everyone knows what you mean. Text-based emojis pre-date emoticons by about 40 years.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.