Sage
Sage - Decriminalisation
Decriminalisation
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 26
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-02-21 15:38:16

So the way I see it.
Men have amnesty against lawful persecution from gaining financial benefit through favours of a sexual nature.

Women can have sex but men can't pay for it
However a man may pay another man for sexual favour without being outside the parameters of the law

Quote "In a groundbreaking ruling, two Pretoria High Court Judges on Thursday ruled that prostitution was legal, but that keeping a brothel was still against the law.

Judges TT Spoelstra and G Webster upheld an appeal by self-confessed prostitute Christine Jacobs against her conviction on a charge that she had unlawful carnal intercourse with a man for reward.

But an appeal by brothel-owner Ellen Jordan and Louisa Brookdryk, a driver at the brothel, against their conviction on a charge of contravening section 2 of the Sexual Offences Act by keeping a brothel was dismissed.

Judge Spoelstra pointed out in his ruling that prostitution was not a common-law offence. Section 20 (1)(a) of the Sexual Offences Act stipulated that sexual intercourse between two persons of the opposite sex who were not married was an offence only if it was practised "for reward" by the female partner.

He said why the latter elements should convert otherwise lawful carnal intercourse into an offence, was difficult to comprehend.

"One is also at a loss to understand why only the recipient of the money is guilty of a crime whilst the party paying for the services is not. There is no moral or legal justification for these distinctions. It is obviously unjustified discrimination between not only sexes but also persons."

It seems to me that women must indeed be the "weaker" of the sexes. Why do we quietly tolerate these clearly sexist laws?
Especially if one considers the fact that the ruling party have been considering decriminalisation

Quote:"Decriminalisation has been under active discussion since 2009. Currently the South African Law Reform Commission has four proposals that were submitted for public discussion ranging from criminalisation to decriminalisation.

In March 2012, the ANC Women’s League came out in favor of decriminalisation, and stated that they will campaign for this to become an ANC policy.It is argued that decriminalisation "would challenge the stigma that surrounds sex workers. It would help secure their human rights and dignity, and make for safer work and living conditions for them." not only so but decriminalising prostitution would limit the power the police have on sex workers and it would stop the police or law enforcers from taking advantage of sex workers. Police enforcement is rigorous and police taking and accepting bribes by the police and their clients is common place.

In April 2013, the Commission for Gender Equality also stated its support for decriminalization. They argued that current laws violate sections of the constitution, and that sex workers would be better protected if the law is changed."

Why not stand together ladies and have our own protest marches and demonstrations? Will we be arrested, I wonder?
We will definitely get our 5 minutes of "fame"

I think when I retire I shall retire into politics.When I'm a presidential candidate I expect all my clients to get their families to vote for me :)... Don't dare laugh at me!
Anything is possible in S.A.

Until that time I shall officially identify as male.
Being a chick still sucks!
Sage
Sage - Re: Decriminalisation
Re: Decriminalisation
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 27
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-02-21 16:02:15

In fact we will see a day where women sanitary products will be free and government issued condoms will be the super sensitive ultra thin ones if I had may way.

Unions bosses makes big bucks so legalising the industry will create the need for another union bilionaire

.... :) well if I don't make president before I'm 70, I'll just focus on creating the right environment for the birth of the sex worker"s union

Sunday"s are good for masterminding grand schemes
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Decriminalisation
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-02-21 16:39:26

I for one love debate on the topic.Please note however that, the report you referring to is 2001...Constitutional Court upstaged that unfortunately.
An act...promulgated since, Sexual Offences Act, they farr behind the times.
I understand ,as you may know, NO one gets prosecuted.
Dead letter. The Inspector Naido's( may they get what they deserve), ambush punters...(those braindead ones that dont know the words: " Your name,rank, station,and SHOW me your id as Police Officer please" ...and of cause..FUCKOFF..get caught..and the idiots PAY them...
I would recommend that all in their own time,download the Act, READ it...and at least TRY to understand WHAT the police have to prove, to find them, working girl and punter guilty...of whatever..
Let those that are paying Naidu, be guilty of stupidity ....naaidu..hy doen... vir julle.
Maybe WG's paying those thugs in blue...you morons..
There are few nice dudes on this site,and bunch of naidoos...help yourself...
[deleted]
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-02-21 16:42:13

Sage, As far as I know Constitutional Court overruled that common sense ruling.Sorry for that.Not going to go in specifics here.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-02-21 17:28:39

My limited understanding would be that they would need to caught you in the act... of transfering money. Catching you in the sex deed means nothing - you will simply argue it was consensual, which is not illegal. They need to proof money exchanged hands - and can basically only proof that when they witness the actual transfer of money.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.