Navigation
Mike Hope
Mike Hope - Re: I'd pay just to shower and go!
Re: I'd pay just to shower and go!
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 681
View Profile
Posted: 2024-03-30 09:13:58

On 2024-03-30 08:52:25 Vrik said:
On 2024-03-30 07:32:30 wild_one said: stop complaining , I am making great money on the side by installing water tanks , for every crisis there is an opportunity to make money

If you are serious, you are no better than the cadres exploiting the poor...

20 years ago I told mates in SA best get into the business of installing back up power and water systems as it was inevitable SA would follow the same road traveled by every other country on the continent.
Russian Bridgitte
Russian Bridgitte - Re: I'd pay just to shower and go!
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 10404
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-03-30 09:21:34

On 2024-03-30 09:13:58 Mike Hope said:
On 2024-03-30 08:52:25 Vrik said: On 2024-03-30 07:32:30 wild_one said: stop complaining , I am making great money on the side by installing water tanks , for every crisis there is an opportunity to make money

If you are serious, you are no better than the cadres exploiting the poor...

20 years ago I told mates in SA best get into the business of installing back up power and water systems as it was inevitable SA would follow the same road traveled by every other country on the continent.

....and yet a monthly charge still to be put in place for those that have gone off the grid. What replaces water supply?

Is the answer not in trying to stand as a nation and possibly addressing the present rather than addressing the past?

Might it not be that those who have voted for a skin colour, may now vote for a functional party who puts servitude to country and people in the forefront since the dawn of democracy arrived in 1994?

Or am I seriously delusional???

RB.
Reincarnate
Reincarnate - Re: I'd pay just to shower and go!
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 139
View Profile
Posted: 2024-03-30 10:01:07

@RB unfortunately I'm not sure people will stop voting against colour lines. Even though the masses are upset and disillusioned, they cannot bring themselves to vote along different "colour lines". Its even worse for the youth, the "media and news" they have access to is really biased and frankly fake. I am constantly shocked at the comments some kids make that is backed up by "research from social media".
Russian Bridgitte
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 10409
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-03-30 23:01:38

Dear Reincarnate

....if there was a leader who could speak to the plight of a nation...a nation where tribalism, tradition and custom of those that arrived from other countries...in a voice making each feel part of, worthy of, seen and noticed, acknowledged and understood.

A character of a pitbull...resilient, steadfast ...focused.

An orator stirring passion a deep love and loyalty for a country broken, raped and looted ...those that were promised a better life being made donkeys of and enslaved in a devastating poverty by their own....seen and heard and given not only hope BUT, a solid workable solution.

To attack the rot and shame the elitist vileness the anc is and their coalitions with hungry callous gluttonous cadres preying on the pain of the most challenged.

Is there such a leader?

One who can put or rather, dares to put tribalism , tradition and custom, the colour of a skin aside and talk Country and flag....talk South African giving meaning to that identity number that makes one a citizen with constitutional rights.....of what???

Southa Africa...?

:(

RB.

Arhwen
Arhwen - Re: I'd pay just to shower and go!
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 13094
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-03-31 07:31:30

Sjoe the guy asked for a shower and I am sorry that not everyone has boreholes and that water restrictions and load shedding doesn't apply to everyone. I truly am sorry however should I limit myself and my punters because not everyone is as privileged???

I think not while I am still able to offer a shower I will even if it pains others.

Sjoe winter is coming wonder if people will be making fires to keep their clients warm with load shedding or if they will be using duvet's but my clients and I will still be enjoying warm rooms and warm showers.

Thank God for small mercies.

I always knew that I was blessed now I see just how blessed I am and for that I my heart is filled with gratitude.

Arhwen
Arhwen - Re: I'd pay just to shower and go!
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 13095
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-03-31 07:33:46

On 2024-03-29 08:17:49 Rajeshk said:
On 2024-03-27 09:02:54 Russian Bridgitte said: The water crisis in Durban is killing the economy.
From tourism to business to affecting households not only living standards but, affecting relationships too.

Anger, frustration and desperation is palpable.

And nationally it seems this crisis is growing.

It is more than simply scary.

RB

My old man had a borehole and filtration system installed 15 years ago. He said they fucked up power, it's a matter of time before the water goes. That doos had to be right about everything.

Lol let me guess everyone thought he was crazy?

Yet here we are...
wild_one
wild_one - Re: I'd pay just to shower and go!
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 603
View Profile
Posted: 2024-03-31 17:18:02
Edited: 2024-03-31 17:55:44

@Vrikkie , cry me a river , I see an oppurtunity I take it, tough luck for you
Reincarnate
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 140
View Profile
Posted: 2024-03-31 21:04:49

Happy East to all. I hope the day was filled with good food, good vibes and a decent shower.

@Ms. RB, you are right, what we need is a leader with strong ethics and morals that can stir the masses to look past the colour lines and awaken the pride in us all.

Having said that, we shouldn't overlook the impact of the private sector. Marcus Jooste was one of many recent business people that "took the easy way out" after significant financial misconduct. What ever they did, it pales in comparison to the rand manipulation by the major banks. To date no one has been arrested for this.

@Arwhen...one of the many great things about No 7 is that there is no load shedding. It's one of the best places to be in winter for a punt with hot water and warm rooms. It certainly does put things in perspective hey?! Most in this country can't even dream of a warm shower, yet alone having a both a warm bed and warm water.

Let's hope this year brings real change for us all.
Russian Bridgitte
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 10416
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-03-31 21:51:44

Dear Reincarnate

In response to your private sector comment

Quoted J_J from a thread of mine...

"....Slave ownership and colonizers have shifted from governments to corporates, especially corporates operating in unmoderated capatilist societies..."

RB.
Reincarnate
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 141
View Profile
Posted: 2024-03-31 22:30:15

@Rb, Touch...

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.