You can do it!
J_J
J_J - Re: Quit Smoking
Re: Quit Smoking
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 356
View Profile
Posted: 2024-03-20 18:33:31

Had my first puff on a camel last week, after quiting 28 years ago. Then bummed 2 off the lady. A flood of old memories came back. And the taste ... as if I was just 18 yesterday.

Kinda liked it. Being on the the latter part of life, pondering, pondering, pondering ...

Nah fuck it, not worth it. I could hardly sleep that night as my lungs kept rebelling from my earlier indulgence.

___

To the OP, just quit, if that's what you want to do. It normally means a lifestyle adjustment (ie find a different way to enjoy yourself/ associate with things). For me it was a smoke after meals, a smoke with friends, alcohol, sex including a skommel. All those associations needed to change. You have to do it purposefully, because it's something you want to do. But if you try to give up something you don't really want to give up, well ... you not gonna give it up.

If uncertain, then continue to enjoy moderately. Sometimes moderation is easier than change.

Roxy
Roxy - Re: Quit Smoking
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 348
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-03-20 18:53:47

Darling.. stop telling people that you stop smoking.. we just want to see the results.. it's all in the mind.. remember you are doing it for yourself and your health. You have chosen to live longer. And we are proud of you.. the next question is can you keep up the same mentality the next 6 months, the next 365 day..??
Keep us posted after 1 year ok.. you have taken the right path.. I cut out alcohol,weed,cigarettes sugar. It's been a year.. I have sooo much energy. Now you just need to have a strong mentality ok.. good luck. Every time you feel like smoking.. just tel your self why did you stop.. you have seen what smoking does.. so that's the mentality that will keep you going..stay strong.. some habits are not necessary.. we must live longer we have children,so many people are demanding on us.
Minime V10.1
Minime V10.1 - Re: Quit Smoking
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2846
View Profile
Posted: 2024-03-20 19:01:50
Edited: 2024-03-20 19:03:29

On 2024-03-20 18:53:47 Roxy said:
Darling.. stop telling people that you stop smoking.. we just want to see the results.. it's all in the mind.. remember you are doing it for yourself and your health. You have chosen to live longer. And we are proud of you.. the next question is can you keep up the same mentality the next 6 months, the next 365 day..??
Keep us posted after 1 year ok.. you have taken the right path.. I cut out alcohol,weed,cigarettes sugar. It's been a year.. I have sooo much energy. Now you just need to have a strong mentality ok.. good luck. Every time you feel like smoking.. just tel your self why did you stop.. you have seen what smoking does.. so that's the mentality that will keep you going..stay strong.. some habits are not necessary.. we must live longer we have children,so many people are demanding on us.

Good advice...thanks Roxy

Was thinking about doing an update for the first 3 or 5 days and then Im on my own.
rhee69
rhee69 - Re: Quit Smoking
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 177
View Profile
Posted: 2024-03-20 22:39:52

Watch your eating of sweets, chocolate, etc.

I put on lots of kilos immediately after quitting.
Russian Bridgitte
Russian Bridgitte - Re: Quit Smoking
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 10268
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-03-20 23:08:54

I smoked and smoked and smokedddd! Near 3 boxes a day.

Menthol.

Stopped.

Cold turkey 2009.

For no other reason but simply because my surgeon said 8weeks to recover or 8 months simply because of lack of oxygen required for body to regenerate and heal.

That was it .

And still is.

I just could not face the possibility of not looking after myself and thus empathize with those who lose their ability to be healthily independent . It is scary and a life changer. :(

Neither miss nor desire a cig to this day.

Just be real about it .sounds stupid I know but if not truly embraced it is much harder changing and breaking the habit and addiction of smoking.

Prior to my op I never tried stopping simply because I knew I would fail. Cigs were my go to in times of enjoyment, stress...u name it.

Keep it going!

RB.
Kooni
Kooni - Re: Quit Smoking
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 5218
View Profile
Posted: 2024-03-21 08:30:02

Have smoked for about 45 years when I went cold turkey in 2016.

First week or six were bad, really suffer, but have not looked back ever since.
Victoria The Original
Victoria The Original - Re: Quit Smoking
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 5585
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-03-21 09:03:27

I'm really struggling with trying to give up. Well Done to All who have gotten it right.
Allora
Allora - Re: Quit Smoking
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 717
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-03-21 12:10:39

Well done buddy.

Remember There is always a way once there is a will.
Minime V10.1
Minime V10.1 - Re: Quit Smoking
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2848
View Profile
Posted: 2024-03-21 19:15:11

Made it through day 3. This shit is not easy, but will probably be worth it

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.