Navigation
clitsntits
clitsntits - New ESA Live Chat ? WELL DONE ESA!!
New ESA Live Chat ? WELL DONE ESA!!
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 176
View Profile
Posted: 2007-07-17 13:01:45
Edited: 2007-07-17 14:56:21

After having had a whole buncha Fun last night on u'r new development... thought I should open a new thread for compliments and comments!! ;);)

1. First of all have to pay tribute to an excellent interface... and all, as confirmed by Eddie last night, developed from scratch in house!!! Very Well done guys and gals!!!

2. Your 'Mystery Guest' Idea is grand and should enable you to attract a lot more advertisers and give us horny oke's a bit of fun at the same time chatting with her!

3. Also, like the choice of Girl on the Main Chat Room a member can chat with, and seeing a pic of her as well... very lekka. I imagine to give each girl a further option of privately chatting with say... gold members, or whoever... of her choice would just be too hectic with that amount of guys logging in?... or are there plans?

4. Just on this point ESA Development... and it may be possible on broader bandwidths I don't know... but I found that if I did a double log in as previously (to say check out a profile or whatever) the second logged-in interface hung? This was done on a 512 Kb Diginet line. Is this my problem or a hic-up in the interface? Did not try at home where I have 384 Kb ADSL.

5. You did mention last night on chat Eddie, that you guys are going to include a list of currently logged in members... this will be useful for ID-ing who is in the chat room currently... sometimes the chat gets so hectic with all the oke's logged in, that u forget about the quiet okes who are still there! Voyers! ;p

6. Just on another small item... I'm sure you guys don't get too annoyed with user feed back... (greedy buggers as we usually are give 'em summing lekka to play with and they want a mile!)... It would be useful if you were able to scroll back up the chat (i.e. to catch up with the current thread when logging on). At the moment... well I found it so... there is so much chat going on with all the users logging in/out and chatting that while you are trying to scroll back up the chat history, every time someone posts a new line of chat the interface defaults back to the bottom lines!... Dunno if this is clear to you but perhaps you have already noticed it?

Otherwise congrats again on a wonderful piece of fun... and hope you guys had lots of champers in the early hours this morning celebrating it's success. It can only assist further in keeping ESA the Best, as it always has been!

M.
ESADevelopment
ESADevelopment - Re: New ESA Live Chat ? WELL DONE ESA!!
Re: New ESA Live Chat ? WELL DONE ESA!!
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 14
View Profile
Posted: 2007-07-17 13:52:48
Edited: 2007-07-17 13:54:51

Hi ClitsnTits

Thank you! You just did me a huge favour as well. I was supposed to write something about the new chat, but we've been so caught up in programming languages for the last couple of weeks, I lost my ability to write plain English (no jokes, I sat here for an hour last night trying to come up with something). You'll notice that your gold membership was mysteriously extended. :)

We agree that there should be some way to see who is logged in, and will immediately start work on that. The advertiser can already see who is logged in on her interface, but it isn't 'polished'. I think we can do better. To implement this will take a little while, as you are correct when you say this was all developed in-house. This definitely slows down the development cycle (ie. we don't use cut and paste techniques from books and online sources). The good news however is that in-house code is extremely flexible and makes the application very fast. It doesn't contain any unnecessary lines of code.

Regarding point 6 (scrolling of text): Thank you for pointing this out. You are correct when you say it should stop scrolling you back to the bottom of the chat. This is quite easy to fix and we'll have it up in the next couple of days.

Bandwidth wise, you should be able to perfectly view 2 chats at the same time without any problems on a diginet 512k line. At home (where I have a 384 ADSL line) I can broadcast my webcam and view 2 more chats. The chat itself uses very very little bandwidth (I'm referring to the chat itself, not the video stream, which is another story). If you could give me more details on your setup (browser you are using, and the flash version you are running) I could try to simulate the problem on my side. You can use this link to test your version of flash

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15507&sliceId=1

Otherwise, on Firefox 2.0.0.4 with Flash Player 9, dual windows definitely work.

Once again thank you for your feedback. We hope we can resolve the dual window thing soon.

Regards

James
wildwomen
wildwomen - Re: New ESA Live Chat ? WELL DONE ESA!!
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 333
View Profile
Posted: 2007-07-17 14:13:20

well done guys - very smart .....
wildwomen
wildwomen - Re: New ESA Live Chat ? WELL DONE ESA!!
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 334
View Profile
Posted: 2007-07-17 14:13:41

well done guys - very smart .....
clitsntits
clitsntits - Re: New ESA Live Chat ? WELL DONE ESA!!
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 180
View Profile
Posted: 2007-07-17 15:25:09
Edited: 2007-07-17 15:25:53

Hi James...

That really was not necessary! ESA gives me so much pleasure!! ...in So Many ways as it is!!!!!;) that it was really not necessary!

But Thank You very much indeed guys!!

We use MS IE ver 6.0 as a browser here, and I have Flash 9.0 installed on my machine. We have a 1Gb Internal Network.
and Dual Core Quad, Mail/Internet Server running MS Windows Server 2003. May be an internal problem, we run fairly heavy file accessing software (continuous reads and writes to the Servers). I have tried it with and without the software running simultaneously. May be due to our MS Server 2003 setup, although generally it is possible to use more than one session of IE6 simultaneoulsy to other Web Sites?

Is Firefox a purchaseable product ?

Kind Regards
and Thankyou Again!
M.
ESADevelopment
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 17
View Profile
Posted: 2007-07-17 16:04:46

Hi M.

It's a pleasure. We first wanted to make it a few days extra Gold Membership, but you are paid up so far ahead we decided to make it more.

Firefox is an open source product, and can be downloaded from www.getfirefox.com. I'll write more in a forum post about firefox and open source (there seems to be a lot of confusion over how good open source products are).

Regarding the connection. It is a bit strange. I did some research and found that Internet Explorer by default only allows 2 connections per server. Here's the URL:

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/tune-120.html

Even so, must be honest and say that I've never ran into this 'Max Download Sessions' problem with IE ever before. It's worth a shot, but must warn you, it gets a bit hairy as you have to edit your registry. If you install Firefox you don't have to go through that hassle, as it already comes preconfigured to handle more connections.

Hope this helps. Let me know if it did the trick

Regards

James
clitsntits
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 181
View Profile
Posted: 2007-07-17 21:04:30

Hi James,

I got the problem fixed!

It was my video card!
We run very video intensive software here.
The SW was running behind my ESA session at the time last night...dumb I should have thought of that!

This evening shut it down and 2 even 3 sessions worked like a bomb! Chatted to Jade and Tasha simultaneosly, and could open a 3rd session to browse for profiles etc.. no problem!

Thanks very much though for the feedback, am going home now and will read up on Windows web site, but somehow think I will just upgrade my video card to 512 Mb (currently 256) perhaps a gaming card!... ;)

I am impressed had two windows open next to each other, logged in twice, Tasha and Jade, and could see my posts in both at the same time!

Thanks again guys!

Kind Regards
M.
Big Mac
Big Mac - Re: New ESA Live Chat ? WELL DONE ESA!!
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 144
View Profile
Posted: 2007-07-18 07:35:24

clits i have no comprehension of what your talking about but i am glad it works for you
to esa a good feature might be having more than 1 video screen open in a chat ie if jade on line and tasha joins jades chat members could see both videos as long as they are in the same chat
dont if it could be done but would be awsome if it could
was on chat last for first time and was very impressed
Big Mac
clitsntits
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 182
View Profile
Posted: 2007-07-18 10:25:22
Edited: 2007-07-18 10:29:10

Hi James,

Another small item for your 'To Do list'! ;) Also not that serious as there is a work around, but might be nice just to make the users aware of this, perhaps in your instructions for use.

I noticed last night that there is a limit to the mumber of chars you can type for a single post (send) onto the chat, something like two-and-a-bit chat box lines of text, did not actually count the chars. If your sentence is a long one (typed on one line) this results in the last portion of the sentence being cut off when it is posted.

This would be handy knowledge for users like Big Mac and myself who don't know all these newfangled chat type shortcuts! ;p

I think Big Mac's idea of having more than one video stream window displaying for other advertisers in a single chat room is a good one! May get a bit hectic space-wise though when more advertseres come on board the chats who have cams, but guess the user could just enable those video streams he is interested in watching?

Thanks Again
Regards
M.
ESADevelopment
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 18
View Profile
Posted: 2007-07-18 16:22:25

Hi Guys

Just a quick note that the issue regarding the scrollbar has been resolved. It won't jump around now. Thank you for that suggestion clitsntits!

I just saw your new suggestions now, will reply to it shortly. Glad that the multiple windows are now working correctly.

Regards

James

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.