Navigation
Trashy
Trashy - Tough times for ladies?
Tough times for ladies?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 213
View Profile
Posted: 2018-06-08 15:26:21

Disclaimer: This is a financial topic so if you are sensitive to this topic, it's probably best not to read further. I don't intend to negotiate, insult, or offend anybody, I simply would like to better my understanding.

There have been many topics on ladies trying and working hard, the fact that times are tough for them etc. I agree with all this, times are tough for all of us, and it got me thinking. I would take prudent estimates that a lady does about 10 appointments a week. At a lower rate of R750, that should earn about R30k a month. That sounds like a decent amount to live off? Or am I missing something? Are there less than 10 bookings a week? Is R30k not enough to live off?
Johnlennon
Johnlennon - Re: Tough times for ladies?
Re: Tough times for ladies?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 95
View Profile
Posted: 2018-06-08 15:35:42

What about overheads?

Also if they are working for a venue typically as much as half might go to the venue.

R15k doesn't sound as good as r30k now does it.
Jewel
Jewel - Re: Tough times for ladies?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 334
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-06-08 15:38:17

Trashy I've had 3 bookings this week. The whole of Monday and Thursday I cleaned my house and worried over whether I would have a place to stay next month, because my phone didn't even ring. Making 30k a month....that's a pipe dream. I have never made that kind of money since starting in the industry 3 years ago. Some ladies may make it, but I've never.
I've not increased my fees this year and last year I increased by R50.
So yeah its tough all round and I'm truly trusting I will be able to pay my rent at the end of this month...good luck to everyone!
Blessings
Trashy
Trashy - Re: Tough times for ladies?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 214
View Profile
Posted: 2018-06-08 16:04:30

Wow! Thanks for the response Jewel. So my assumptions are incorrect then....some don't do 10 bookings, that makes sense.
ilovemywoozle
ilovemywoozle - Re: Tough times for ladies? Not here.
Re: Tough times for ladies? Not here.
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 162
View Profile
Posted: 2018-06-08 16:07:30

I met a wg down from Gauteng this week. She also told me that business is slow in the north.
Because the market is wide open in Cape Town after R1000 (Safair) RETURN airfare and R850p.d in a nice apartment she has done enough business this week to walk away with a nice profit, including not working every day and taking time off to site see the city and surrounds.

A few months prior to arriving, she contacted me re the areas to operate from , apartments/hotels to choose from, price to charge etc. All her ducks in a row before she even got here. I did a bit of prior advertising for her so she had a few lined up before even arriving.

Ladies, you are all sharing a shrinking pie in Gauteng
The Cape Town pie is hardly cut especially for white girls.
We in the Mother City are prepared to help.
Galaxy @ Blue Eclipse
Galaxy @ Blue Eclipse - Re: Tough times for ladies?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 518
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-06-08 16:16:37

Some days are good others really bad and that is the roller coaster we ride on week in and week out ;) and like JohnLennon mentioned if girls work for a venue we only get a certain amount of the booking fee..... and yes we do still have rent, electricity etc to pay for.
And at the moment we are all dreading the school holidays that's coming up as this means quieter times for us and the holiday is almost a month.
With all this said I still get up in the mornings, look in the mirror and smile because I know I'll be doing what I love when I get to work!
Ms Paige
Ms Paige - Re: Tough times for ladies?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1597
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-06-08 16:18:00
Edited: 2018-06-08 17:04:13

Can I be really honest?
We also live normal lives... or at least we try...
My expenses: as in every normal household

1. Rent R13 000 (with an extra flat so that I can work alone from home and not from a venue...
2. R1000 electricity (prepaid)
3. R 650 Municipality bill
4. R 550 Garden service
5. R 5500 car installment
6. R 870 car assurance (my way)
7. R 1500 assurance on my death to
my kids should I die)
8. R1000 Vodacom contract
9. R195 AA (because I'm a single
woman and need this service)
10.R150 (potholes and road
accident cover, which my
assurance does not cover)
11.R2500 For my little girls pre
school
12.R1000 for only her medical...
(I don't have money for my own)
There is ZERO lucksuries included in my monthly payments...

And yet I haven't bought a bread... this is only my normal expenses... I still have to buy groceries, clothes, medicine, pay petrol, (3 thanks a month) R1500... buy makeup, do my manicure and pedicure...pay my 3 ads... and buy my wine :))))))
I never go out, don't smoke, don't use drugs...
This is a one woman only operation... trying to live life as normal as possible...

Now I'm wondering... do you guys think we all live in a one bedroom apartment... have zero responsibilities... just live one day at a time???? What a joke...
Ladylover007
Ladylover007 - Re: Tough times for ladies?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 32
View Profile
Posted: 2018-06-08 17:49:30

@Miss Page

Very well explained my lady

Looks like people just don't get that the ladies in this industry have all the expenses we have plus some add-ons to run your business well.

Then there are the single mothers with all the expenses that come with taking care of your children

Then take into account that your income is not guaranteed like most of is earning a salary and can and certainly will fluctuate in a difficult economic environment

Can't be easy. Hats off and respect to you!
BOOBS53
BOOBS53 - Re: Tough times for ladies?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 4269
View Profile
Posted: 2018-06-08 18:00:48

On 2018-06-08 17:49:30 Ladylover007 said:
@Miss Page

Very well explained my lady

Looks like people just don't get that the ladies in this industry have all the expenses we have plus some add-ons to run your business well.

Then there are the single mothers with all the expenses that come with taking care of your children

Then take into account that your income is not guaranteed like most of is earning a salary and can and certainly will fluctuate in a difficult economic environment

Can't be easy. Hats off and respect to you!

Tough times for the ladies ???

Definitely !!!

Solution ???

Very difficult to answer .. each lady circumstances differs !!!

Respect for the ladies ???

Absolutely .. especially in this tough times !!!
Ms Paige
Ms Paige - Re: Tough times for ladies?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1600
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-06-08 18:02:00

Dear Ladylover... thank you for understanding... wow... I appreciate it soooo much... we are only trying our best. I was a housewife... no degree... no experience... I have to do the best I can... for some of us it's survival...

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.