Navigation
Arhwen
Arhwen - GIVING BACK
GIVING BACK
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2475
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-08-19 19:38:31

Sometimes I do feel that I am blessed to do more even though I do a monthly contribution to 2 kids at sos. I often feel that I can do more.

I have decide that as of tomorrow 100 of every booking I make will be distributed towards charity. Once a week whilst I am still working I will take the donations and donate it to charity in the form of food and toiletries money etc depending on the organisation. Each week a different charity organisation will be on the receiving end.

These are on my list.

SPCA, Cancer foundation, Cotlands, Sparrow village I was thinking about zenobia so can someone please send me the relevant info and feel free to drop by more suggestions for organisations needing some sort of assistance.
Carailho
Carailho - Re: GIVING BACK
Re: GIVING BACK
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 287
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-19 19:42:54

Thats a good idea. Most times we forget that we are privileged to have what we got. But ive also given the the needy at times and they get abit greedy. Best is to give it to one of those foundations and hope they do the best with it.
Arhwen
Arhwen - Re: GIVING BACK
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2476
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-08-19 19:46:43

I will do a foundation a week till my last day it will be a once off thing for each foundation so the cannot get greedy or at least I hope not.
Monika
Monika - Re: GIVING BACK
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 424
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-08-19 19:50:11

Well done girl...
Riaz999
Riaz999 - Re: GIVING BACK
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 126
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-19 21:28:12

Great Initiative. PM details and i will donate what i can.
Lizaan
Lizaan - Re: GIVING BACK
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 197
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-08-19 21:49:36

Hi Arhwen, that's awesome what you are doing. Myself and my friend are active in giving out blankets and food. Ek lees altyd jou post, jy is een van die dames wat ek so graag sal wil ontmoet. Dit is awesome om deel te wees van mense wat omgee. Lovely weekend to all. Be save and happy.
Arhwen
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2483
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-08-20 08:06:20

@ Monica we can all make a difference here there are we are very fortunate and blessed even though there us a stigma attached to being in thus industry. We earn more than most people we have the freedom to come and go or at least the independents have that freedom. Yet how many of us give back. I feel my monthly donation to Damien and Kensani are not enough and it didn't start out as me wanting to do charity. It was more of a adopt a sibling without a parent for my spoilt children to realise how privileged they are even though It was meant as a learning experience for my children, however this little project became near and dear to my heart. Yet still I was not satisfied as it did not come from a place of compassion it was to teach my kid's. After sharing a ice cream with these kids I realised there is so much more I can be doing to contrabuting to people that have not been afforded the opportunities I have been afforded. This is just me paying it forward :)

@ Riaz look out for my om

@ Lizaan it would be both a pleasure and a privilege to meet you. Ek gaan self virus jou not paar bersies bring and my weekly lot for the organisation of your and your friends choice. Ek gaan journey no pm

This business has been good to me. Now its time to give back.
kameshang
kameshang - Re: GIVING BACK
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 930
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-20 08:53:47

Good positive thoughts arwhen. Nsri for a magazine which is published quarterly telling u stories and all that happens in nsri.jhb zoo or pta zoo sponsor an animal it entails research funding for an animal. Plus u get research and think it's six complimentary tickets to go to the zoo. Meals on wheels. I personally donate to nsri and meals on wheels. Hopefully next year get to zoo program. My goal is to donate 5-20 percent of my nett income to charity. So far only on 2.5 percent per year. Also remember if one donates to no with no numbers u can use it as a tax write off dunno anyone that would like to give more money than they supposed to to government.
Arhwen
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2485
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-08-20 09:06:37

personally I don't need complimentary zoo tickets as a very close friend friend of mine works at the ape house in jhb and we have free access if need be. Since I am donating money from every booking which is tax free and not from my tax paying income claiming back is not the intention here.

As someone that was afforded the privilege of attending a internationally recordnised private swventhday adventist school Meals on Wheels is not new to me as I have partaken in the fundraising for meals on wheels and the soup kitchens and will gladly do so again.

Nsri is something completely new to me so I would appreciate it if you pm me more info regarding this organisation. Thanking you in advance.
kameshang
kameshang - Re: GIVING BACK
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 934
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-20 13:31:36

Also check olivershouse they've been one of our long term sponsors for projects. And heartbeat where u could sponsor a child and also get futher information on child and his or her family u supporting even meeting them so one could futher help a truly underprivileged family. So heartwarming to hear u try to get involved in so many charity projects I wish everyone could give a percentage. Will get nsri details a bit later and pm u. Have a good weekend kind hearted lady :).

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.