Navigation
Louise ( Miss Red)
Louise ( Miss Red) - This lady...
This lady...
Advertiser
Joined:
17 May 2018
Posts to Date: 2656
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-05-24 09:21:08

I know a lady that has a blackboard on her gate that she writes a prayer on everyday. Every morning very early she either leaves a tub of food or soup or a bread or sometimes even clothes or stuff that can be re used and should not end up in a garbage truck or bin underneath that black board. She has done this for years.

Remembering her i have started doing the same. But obviously it is not a everyday thing at my gate. Just now and then when there is something to give.

Today I hear a loud banging on my gate. And there was a police van. Two cops.

With them is a guy. And he is standing with the ice cream tub full of frozen food in is hands and the black bag with clothes my son cleared out of his closet, that I left outside this morning.

First thing this cop tells me is that I ain't allowed to give food and clothes away. I must take it to the shelter or throw it away . I am not helping these people. I am encouraging them to be in the street!

I asked if there was a law that says that and the one cop got very rude and told me i must not get clever. He told me if he sees this again on my blackboard that i am giving food away he will arrest me as I am obviously doing this to spread illness amongst people.

I just said ok turned around closed my gate and went inside as I really was going to loose my cool and tell him what a doos he is for abusing his uniform and making kak rules as he pleases and harassing people for no valid reasons

.. I still heard the talking very loudly to the guy outside as I went in my front door.

A while later I heard a knock again at the gate. It was the guy that had the food tub and bag of clothes. He said they took the stuff with them.

I went to fetch some bread and a liter of milk from inside and gave it to him as I had nothing else to give.

Cops are out of control
I am still fuming. And super mad at myself for not paying attention to getting a van number or a surname on uniform atleast. Because of I did I would surely have reported this at local station.

I have read stories on social media about cops making their own laws but having experienced this first hand I am now really worried . Our country is so screwed up.










Johnny English
Johnny English - Re: This lady...
Re: This lady...
Basic Member
Joined:
10 Dec 2018
Posts to Date: 520
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-24 09:27:23

Makes one's blood boil.
Respect to you Louise (Miss Red).
Just to let you know, the government has 5 days to inform the High Court and the country of the structures they have to put in place to regulate this heavy handed police and military behavior.
Fear and control globally is the pandemic !
Louise ( Miss Red)
Louise ( Miss Red) - Re: This lady...
Re: This lady...
Advertiser
Joined:
17 May 2018
Posts to Date: 2657
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-05-24 09:42:06

well I will do what I do .. they can go jump in a lake..

I want to see them arrest me for giving food and clothes away..

I can't see why stuff should go to waste when it can benefit someone else.. fat f..s probably having breakfast with that food by now!

Kooni
Kooni - Re: This lady...
Re: This lady...
Gold Member
Joined:
18 Jun 2019
Posts to Date: 1216
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-24 09:43:11

Not taking anything away from your good deed and intentions, and neither do I approve the attitude of the cops. But the guy should not be walking around in the streets. The cops are doing there job and are correct in saying food should rather be given to shelters than left on the street.

This is a catch 22 situation. You trying to do a good deed, and the cops doing their job.
Johnny English
Johnny English - Re: This lady...
Re: This lady...
Basic Member
Joined:
10 Dec 2018
Posts to Date: 521
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-24 09:48:46
Edited: 2020-05-24 09:50:17

Good on you, Louise. In my group of family and friends, we have all pledged to and are making a conscious effort to take whatever additional food we have with us when we leave home and give to the poor and the hungry that are lining our streets. It is pitiful and will only get worse.
Just a humble suggestion to others who are fortunate enough to have any spare to consider doing likewise or similar and to involve your family and friends therein.
Louise ( Miss Red)
Louise ( Miss Red) - Re: This lady...
Re: This lady...
Advertiser
Joined:
17 May 2018
Posts to Date: 2658
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-05-24 10:05:26

..

On 2020-05-24 09:43:11 Kooni said:
Not taking anything away from your good deed and intentions, and neither do I approve the attitude of the cops. But the guy should not be walking around in the streets. The cops are doing there job and are correct in saying food should rather be given to shelters than left on the street.

This is a catch 22 situation. You trying to do a good deed, and the cops doing their job.



Then do your job and get the guy of the street to a shelter if he needs to be in one. Do not take his food and leave him on the street...

This was within legal "exercise" time. Also peak hour for people moving to and from jobs also the time when recyclers are outside in street.. this guy had work clothes on.

Why was he stopped in the first place? Because he was right in front of my gate where the board was saying.. "free-please take if u need"

There is no law prohibiting me from giving and i am obiding by the social distance law by leaving it under that board and not standing there handing it out physically to passersby and I will be damned if I let them bully people just because they have a uniform.


[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: This lady...
Re: This lady...
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2020-05-24 10:37:30

Sometimes seeing someone do good makes the doomsday prophets and the selfish so "whatever" (cant rule out the possibility they even feel guilty for not giving themselves), that they attack the giver.

Its not just the police, its everywhere. Even here in purple my own good intent was not applauded by all.

Technically it is not impossible for someone who knows they carry the virus to put infected stuff out, so one can not rule out the possibility, hence they are not 100% wrong for considering such option, but unless you are a negative individual in your heart, you will also factor in probability and motive.

Just be super grateful your own head and heart is not so maliciously infected that such become your life and your mindset.
Tobago
Tobago - Re: This lady...
Re: This lady...
Gold Member
Joined:
23 Nov 2006
Posts to Date: 350
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-24 10:52:05

Then do your job and get the guy of the street to a shelter if he needs to be in one. Do not take his food and leave him on the street...

This was within legal "exercise" time. Also peak hour for people moving to and from jobs also the time when recyclers are outside in street.. this guy had work clothes on.

Why was he stopped in the first place? Because he was right in front of my gate where the board was saying.. "free-please take if u need"

There is no law prohibiting me from giving and i am obiding by the social distance law by leaving it under that board and not standing there handing it out physically to passersby and I will be damned if I let them bully people just because they have a uniform.


[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately there IS a law prohibiting random acts of kindness. You have to get approval (I think via a permit) from various people including your local council, which permit needs to be renewed daily. OR.. you need to donate it to the councillor for distribution. I suspect that the ANC will then use it to claim votes.
There are numerous cases of church groups and other NGOs being prevented from distributing and stories of food rotting in warehouses because of a lack of permit.
This is being challenged by a few human rights groups but I'm not sure if there is an outcome yet.
STARVE THE BELOVED COUNTRY!! :(
Louise ( Miss Red)
Louise ( Miss Red) - Re: This lady...
Re: This lady...
Advertiser
Joined:
17 May 2018
Posts to Date: 2659
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-05-24 11:29:14

QUOTE;2349608;ystervark] ...

... be super grateful your own head and heart is not so maliciously infected that such become your life and your mindset.

I think corona is doing that to people.. :( people or gonna die because of corona but not because of their longs not working, but because they lost their minds.

Kooni
Kooni - Re: This lady...
Re: This lady...
Gold Member
Joined:
18 Jun 2019
Posts to Date: 1217
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-24 12:13:53

On 2020-05-24 10:05:26 Louise ( Miss Red) said:
.. On 2020-05-24 09:43:11 Kooni said: Not taking anything away from your good deed and intentions, and neither do I approve the attitude of the cops. But the guy should not be walking around in the streets. The cops are doing there job and are correct in saying food should rather be given to shelters than left on the street.

This is a catch 22 situation. You trying to do a good deed, and the cops doing their job.

Then do your job and get the guy of the street to a shelter if he needs to be in one. Do not take his food and leave him on the street...

This was within legal "exercise" time. Also peak hour for people moving to and from jobs also the time when recyclers are outside in street.. this guy had work clothes on.

Why was he stopped in the first place? Because he was right in front of my gate where the board was saying.. "free-please take if u need"

There is no law prohibiting me from giving and i am obiding by the social distance law by leaving it under that board and not standing there handing it out physically to passersby and I will be damned if I let them bully people just because they have a uniform.




Why was he stop. He was stopped because he was not suppose to be there. No matter the time of day it was.

People very seldom, if at all, excersize in their working clothes, except if their job is excersize related.

The police were correct to stop and question him, but wrong in taking the food away.

In certain areas in PTA, those that do roam about are reported to security companies to be removed from the area.

Reply

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend


Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.