Navigation
[deleted]
[deleted] - What (/how much) does it take to quit
What (/how much) does it take to quit
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2020-05-26 17:45:33

I have known a few wgs who have quit in my 7 years of punting and I'm happy for them because that's what they wanted. Three I knew quite well. One quit because she got her career and life in order. Two quit for men (both very wealthy men). One seemed to be love and the other I am told (by a wg who is family) only did it for cash.

My question to the SPs out there is.... Would you sacrifice the independence you have here for a man's wealth? How much spending money would it take to convince you to quit?

If you don't like the idea of relying on a man entirely would you agree to a temporary hiatus? E.g. Your regular who is in love with you offers you R100k to stop working here for 3 months and try make it work with him?

It's a weird question I know. It's prompted by me seeing one of the former wgs with her new husband and baby at Sandton today. This real Pretty Women scene got me thinking.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: What (/how much) does it take to quit
Re: What (/how much) does it take to quit
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2020-05-26 17:46:24

Personally I'm not sure any wg should trust a punter to take care of her long term and vice versa.
Tegwane
Tegwane - Re: What (/how much) does it take to quit
Re: What (/how much) does it take to quit
Basic Member
Joined:
28 Feb 2018
Posts to Date: 2457
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 17:49:24

Onenight

" My question to the SPs out there is.... Would you sacrifice the independence you have here for a man's wealth? How much spending money would it take to convince you to quit?"

Rather a personal question to ask in my opinion? How much do you earn in a month, what are your expenses?
Black Panther
Black Panther - Re: What (/how much) does it take to quit
Re: What (/how much) does it take to quit
Advertiser
Joined:
20 Nov 2017
Posts to Date: 1498
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-05-26 18:08:07

Any punter who is willing to give it a try lam ready to sacrifice my independence
gooseberry22
gooseberry22 - Re: What (/how much) does it take to quit
Re: What (/how much) does it take to quit
Basic Member
Joined:
22 Apr 2012
Posts to Date: 276
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 19:26:16
Edited: 2020-05-26 19:28:03

I have known a handful of women who quit the industry over the years to give an offer like that a try.

They all ended for similar reasons. Guys who make these kinds of offers often turn out to be quite possessive and prone to jealousy, and sadly in the case of the women I knew, physically abusive.

Of course not all of them are, I'm sure there are some benevolent wealthy guys who are secure enough to make this work.

Personally, I would say if you are to do something like this and think you have found someone you want to have a real relationship with, consider doing it without stipulations or boundaries.
Employment contracts aren't a great starting point for a relationship.

Find out first if the lady actually wants to leave the industry, and if so what she would like to do instead.
Offer the money and support to make that dream a reality, and make your feelings clear.

Forget about the money and hope you can win her heart. If it doesn't work out, move on.
If you are together and she decides she wants to get back into the industry, deal with it.
Either decide you can live with it, and be really sure about this, it's not as easy as it sounds for even the most secure people, or you leave, peacefully.

If it all works out well, make sure you are able to put her past out of your mind, forever and completely.

If one day you are having an argument about something and you feel yourself wanting to make a comment about her past, don't. Seek therapy if you can't help yourself, or leave, peacefully.

Vanessa Moabi
Vanessa Moabi - Re: What (/how much) does it take to quit
Re: What (/how much) does it take to quit
Advertiser
Joined:
17 Mar 2018
Posts to Date: 96
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-05-26 19:27:39
Edited: 2020-05-26 19:30:51

Firstly, one is getting older, and realized that when a girl gets past a certain age, the punters stop wanting to wine and dine her, and it becomes solely about sex. Secondly, an envision of having kids and husband one day(to cure the loneliness), and wanting to be able to tell them I'd done something with my life apart from escorting(not saying its a horrible way to earn money).

But a rich man comes as security for if one who didn't plan beyond being a WG. Love might be there, because it takes huge disciple to not come back(or fear that you might lose a good thing going).

The 3 months proposal would be worth it. It's saves one from the cold streets.

Lovely question
Miami
Miami - Re: What (/how much) does it take to quit
Re: What (/how much) does it take to quit
Advertiser
Joined:
3 Sep 2018
Posts to Date: 60
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-05-26 19:57:36

OneNightOnlyTwo...

It's every wg decision if she wants to be with a punter, and sometimes it works out and sometimes not...
But in my opinion, I have to say that I won't ever leave the industry to be with a punter(no offense), my reason for that is simply because of trust.
Because of the way punter and wg met it will leave a doubt in each other always. And if you can't trust your partner completely without doubt how can you build a strong relationship filled with happiness and unconditional love?

And even if I get offered money, I still won't because I love my job and my independence...

So that's just my opinion

Xoxo
JACKRIBET
JACKRIBET - Re: What (/how much) does it take to quit
Re: What (/how much) does it take to quit
Gold Member
Joined:
4 Jun 2011
Posts to Date: 3069
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 20:23:04

On 2020-05-26 19:57:36 Miami said:
OneNightOnlyTwo...

It's every wg decision if she wants to be with a punter, and sometimes it works out and sometimes not...
But in my opinion, I have to say that I won't ever leave the industry to be with a punter(no offense), my reason for that is simply because of trust.
Because of the way punter and wg met it will leave a doubt in each other always. And if you can't trust your partner completely without doubt how can you build a strong relationship filled with happiness and unconditional love?

And even if I get offered money, I still won't because I love my job and my independence...

So that's just my opinion

Xoxo

I agree with you!
Johnlennon
Johnlennon - Re: What (/how much) does it take to quit
Re: What (/how much) does it take to quit
Basic Member
Joined:
21 Nov 2017
Posts to Date: 263
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 20:34:19

Must be a hopeless romantic.
I loved pretty woman.
:)
Kooni
Kooni - Re: What (/how much) does it take to quit
Re: What (/how much) does it take to quit
Gold Member
Joined:
18 Jun 2019
Posts to Date: 1231
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-27 08:42:46

For some SP's its only a temporary "career". Once they completed their studies and start their new careers they stop.

A few will "return" or see their regulars to improve their cashflow, but most never return.


Reply

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend


Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.