Navigation
shoeguy
shoeguy - Re: In those hard time, I think I just made one of my best investment move ever
Re: In those hard time, I think I just made one of my best investment move ever
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 888
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-15 08:22:03
Edited: 2020-06-15 08:22:36

Easy Equities is very very slow, what ither platforms do you guys use?
Wild_Weasel
Wild_Weasel - Re: In those hard time, I think I just made one of my best investment move ever
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 509
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-15 09:48:58

A few to watch to watch out for: Transaction Capital, MTN, Berkshire Hathaway (off shore)
BigPP
BigPP - Re: In those hard time, I think I just made one of my best investment move ever
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 32
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-16 21:18:44

On 2020-06-12 08:49:12 Merlot said:
Well it depends if you're "investing" for a year or two and can take the supply and demand profit taking or a "trader" who's doing daily trades to make money. Theres always going to be ups and downs and probably a down while USA economy is in a mess .....

Long term its going to go up ......

How long is long term?

I have some shares in Mediclinic and Life heathcare but these never got up very high and with hospitals having run at a loss over lockdown things look bleak
Kooni
Kooni - Re: In those hard time, I think I just made one of my best investment move ever
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 3267
View Profile
Posted: 2022-03-01 14:59:23

On 2020-06-09 13:11:58 Topdeckparty said:
On 2020-06-09 09:11:46 lts001 said: Should keep this thread alive.

Seems like we have some real share trading boffens in the purple would.

Punters should post their hot trading shares.

We can either use it, abuse it or leave it.

any thoughts????

At the time I bought them at R 22.00 I put it out here for people to know about it, but got a lot of negativity about it. It was at the time when people were home in level 5 and on that one, it was a dead five away that if you had a couple of thousands to part with, within few weeks, it would pay off. If one would have put a month salary at the time, one would be sitting with 7 months salary in the bank. One's salary guaranteed till the end of the year. That would have come handy during this pandemic time.

Sasol shares climbed beyond R370 in intraday trade on Tuesday, hitting levels not seen since 2019 -- and making for a recovery of 1,130% since the worst of the pandemic lows of March 2020.

Bilbo
Bilbo - Re: In those hard time, I think I just made one of my best investment move ever
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 494
View Profile
Posted: 2022-03-01 15:17:08

So Topdeckparty has made a cool R1.5 million of her kept them
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: In those hard time, I think I just made one of my best investment move ever
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2022-03-01 15:56:41

So his punting budget is increasing from R700 p/h to R1500 p/h? ;)
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: In those hard time, I think I just made one of my best investment move ever
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2022-03-01 18:47:14

Try crypto rather, stocks are nothing in comparison to the gains on the right assets.
Topdeckparty
Topdeckparty - Re: In those hard time, I think I just made one of my best investment move ever
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 580
View Profile
Posted: 2022-03-01 21:37:31

I still have them SASOL, Putin is working on making them rise even further, even though I thought they would have gone up more by now.... I have crypto as well, loading on LUNA a month ago was a right thing to do. But I got a proper beating on KP3R.... Crypto is a hit or a miss if you cannot be in front of the computer all day long.
Vrik
Vrik - Re: In those hard time, I think I just made one of my best investment move ever
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1458
View Profile
Posted: 2022-03-01 21:50:06

Can kick myself for not buying SASOL near R20. But at the time, i was losing so much money on my other equities, that i did not want to take on new additional risk....

The Russia-Ukraine war will probably soon bring (nearly) similar opportunities...
Vrik
Vrik - Re: In those hard time, I think I just made one of my best investment move ever
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1459
View Profile
Posted: 2022-03-01 21:50:08

Can kick myself for not buying SASOL near R20. But at the time, i was losing so much money on my other equities, that i did not want to take on new additional risk....

The Russia-Ukraine war will probably soon bring (nearly) similar opportunities...

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.