Navigation
Vrik
Vrik - Re: In those hard time, I think I just made one of my best investment move ever
Re: In those hard time, I think I just made one of my best investment move ever
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 620
View Profile
Posted: 2020-04-29 18:44:41

Can kick myself for not also buying. But at that point I was down so much on my portfolio, I could not stomach any more risk. Fortunately, my shares has also recovered, but not nearly the growth you have experienced!
BOOBS53
BOOBS53 - Re: In those hard time, I think I just made one of my best investment move ever
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 9573
View Profile
Posted: 2020-04-29 18:47:57

On 2020-04-29 16:31:16 Topdeckparty said:
Checking after 3 weeks .... almost 400% up. Turning out very good.

Congrats buddy !!!

Wish I did buy some too .. could have been a very rich man by now ;)
Louise ( Miss Red)
Louise ( Miss Red) - Re: In those hard time, I think I just made one of my best investment move ever
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2547
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-04-29 19:22:38

This just reminded me of something a employer once told me... when the blood is on the street.. (the hardest times) do not sit on your money. Buy ,takeover and monopolize the market!

I still thought that this sounded very cold and calculating but also a bit like a mad man and a reckless gambler.

But everything he owns has been acquired through that method and thinking. When everyone's else pulls take between the legs and run he is out there buying and taking over companies or a market for something.

Topdeckparty
Topdeckparty - Re: In those hard time, I think I just made one of my best investment move ever
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 237
View Profile
Posted: 2020-04-29 19:45:30

And I can confidently say right here, right now, that when the economy is really ready to restart, one who has cash will be King and will make stack of it.
joeymcain
joeymcain - Re: In those hard time, I think I just made one of my best investment move ever
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 4
View Profile
Posted: 2020-04-29 21:38:00

Good buy, but you have to hold on to it at lest 3 years
BeeJay69
BeeJay69 - Re: In those hard time, I think I just made one of my best investment move ever
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1
View Profile
Posted: 2020-04-30 23:53:39

Each to their own. The balance-sheet does the talking. I however like foreign and Exxon was in a low as well. Good luck, but am sure was a good move. Wait and see.
ESA Forum Admin
ESA Forum Admin - Re: In those hard time, I think I just made one of my best investment move ever
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 3147
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-01 08:36:15

BeeJay69 has been banned for having 2 other profiles.

ESA Support.
Johnny English
Johnny English - Re: In those hard time, I think I just made one of my best investment move ever
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 480
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-01 08:56:33
Edited: 2020-05-01 09:14:23

On 2020-04-29 19:22:38 Louise ( Miss Red) said:
This just reminded me of ... when the blood is on the street.. (the hardest times) do not sit on your money. Buy ,TAKEOVER and MONOPOLIZE the MARKET!

I still thought that this sounded very cold and calculating but also a bit like a mad man and a reckless gambler.

But everything he owns has been acquired through that method and thinking. When everyone's else pulls take between the legs and run he is out there buying and TAKING OVER COMPANIES or a market for something.

(CAPITALS - my emphasis).

And there you have inadvertently stated what this so-called pandemic is really all about !
No emphasis required on buying as that won't be necessary.
People have GIVEN AWAY their liberty, freedom and when the dust settles, their assets too.
Wild_Weasel
Wild_Weasel - Re: In those hard time, I think I just made one of my best investment move ever
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 487
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-01 10:44:50

On 2020-04-29 19:45:30 Topdeckparty said:
And I can confidently say right here, right now, that when the economy is really ready to restart, one who has cash will be King and will make stack of it.

It's the oil price and their hedge against a 32 dollar per barrel which supporting the upside....just be sure to factor in a potential unsavory rights issue declaration which could potentially dilute that share. Their current cash flow is in the negative, so it will be interesting to see how the balance sheet looks after full year results are announced.
Merlot
Merlot - Re: In those hard time, I think I just made one of my best investment move ever
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 225
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-07 22:41:14

On 2020-04-07 17:08:05 Topdeckparty said:
I didn't check that share in 2 weeks as I am in for the long run with that one. But I see at R72.00 I have already tripled up.

Let see in 12 months time.

SASOL is a good buy and there were and still are lots of blue chip companies you could pickup for a bargain: SAAPI, Capitec, Standard Bank, Shoprite etc etc, only if you have the cash to take the risk!!!!!

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.