Navigation
Arhwen
Arhwen - Re: ESA seems to have plenty of Brainiacs. How many of them are Geniuses???
Re: ESA seems to have plenty of Brainiacs. How many of them are Geniuses???
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1334
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-02-24 00:12:08

@ Tizz no that was how I got the problem and the prof was right when he said there are a few sequences 3 to be exact. He used one of them unfortunately he did not give the answer I was looking for as I used a different sequence. (I can email it to you)

@ chamokes at first glans it look exactly like the was you converted your dick size from cm to inch and go 8" when Infact it was a whooping 3"

But I'm going to try answer it for you but you need to be more specific is it a quadratic equation? or graphing/plotting (inequalities)? or problem solving? in which case the variants should be a or z!

Waiting to shine chmoks;) see I'm not just a pretty face with good hands and service if you would like to ad to that list you could add brains and depth ;)
Arhwen
Arhwen - Re: ESA seems to have plenty of Brainiacs. How many of them are Geniuses???
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1335
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-02-24 00:14:55

Common guys the man is giving a different format hense does not tie in with my equation if it does his format is incorrect.
Arhwen
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1336
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-02-24 00:28:39

@ Yankee I have another one coming but before I put it up I need to solve the problem first my self. So I don't look like a nanna.

@ your wickedness unfortunately you will have to sit the next one out since it is the problem I received from you

Lol @ chmoks since you claim to be a genius but have not solved or attempted solving the problem the following one will be for you however I need to solve it first before I hand it over to you the rest of you that want to try solve it are welcome to but it is especially for the man with the imaginary 8" dick.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: ESA seems to have plenty of Brainiacs. How many of them are Geniuses???
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-02-24 04:03:46

Chmoks said:
I asked for the answer when x=1 , so by your (and Arhwen's!) logic then the lot should look like this:

8=56 *7
7=42 *6
6=30 *5
5=20 *4
3=9 *3
1=2 *2

not so?
Indeed not, U2're wrong ;-)[/QUOTE]

Chmoks which brain are you thinking with tonight? Try using the one situated on top of your neck rather and understand that there may be more than one way of skinning this cat. The formula which we chose is amongst those which is correct, you added your bit in afterwards which had to be panelbeatwd a bit to make it fit into the chosen formula.

In fact rather look at it look at it like this.

1)There may be more than one correct formula
2) The person asking the question has the right to choose which of the correct formulas is the winning formula
3) In other words its luck of the draw.....and you didnt crack the winning draw.....the judges decision is final and no further correspondence shall be entered into......thanks for playing and good bye.
Chmoks
Chmoks - Re: ESA seems to have plenty of Brainiacs. How many of them are Geniuses???
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 658
View Profile
Posted: 2016-02-24 07:44:44

Arhwen,

so your prof asks questions to which more than 1 answer is correct?
That's a type of MultipleChoice I'm unfamiliar with, however it explains why passrates are higher whilst the standards are lower.
Also, your "is it a quadratic equation? or graphing/plotting (inequalities)?" is baffling... hun, that is exactly the same, in fact they both belong under "problem solving?"! However this is entry-level algebra, PM me when you get to trigonometry ;-)
If you think a problem may only have 'a' or 'z' then you're infinitely far from any finish line - fwiw, your Q & my A works for any real number, not integers only, and you may choose any letter or name/notation you like.
Bottom line here is, if I were you I'd question my professor, but maybe that's a subject for another thread. Here's a hint: if a Q has more than 1 possible answer then the Q is wrong! Oh, rest assured this (your!) Q only has 1 answer only, never mind endless haggling.

I said your Q can be represented as y=(x**2)-x (but substitute any letter for any other if you like them better)
Mind, that is the exact same as what Tizz wrote, it is a two-dimensional parabolic line.
I asked you what y will be when x=1 , and the answer is 0
I asked Yankee what y would be when x=-2 , and because he's proven there's no hope in hell he'll ever get there... it's 6 !

Back to sex, I think you missed something about my dick: ever given it a thought that one and the same dick can be 8" AND 2" - at the SAME time? Here's a hint, it will also measure 6.28" then ;-)
samdidtwo
samdidtwo - Re: ESA seems to have plenty of Brainiacs. How many of them are Geniuses???
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1670
View Profile
Posted: 2016-02-24 10:49:36

Here's another

Which came first into the world the chicken or egg ?
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: ESA seems to have plenty of Brainiacs. How many of them are Geniuses???
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-02-24 11:39:33

I'd question any (reputable maths or science) Prof actually posing a question in the form "8=56", since they're not....
[deleted]
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-02-24 11:47:41

Is the answer 6?
[deleted]
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-02-24 11:50:16

Okay my first guess was going to be 9 but I saw it being said to be incorrect. The lesson for me is to keep reading before replying.
[deleted]
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-02-24 12:03:36

Only "pattern" to me is that if N is the number on the right and n on the left, then N=n(n-1) which is equivalent to what someone else wrote as N=n^2 - n.

So 3 => 3(3-1) => 6

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.