Navigation
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: relax and look at the facts
Re: relax and look at the facts
Basic Member
Joined:
30 Dec 2005
Posts to Date: 6031
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-01 08:27:11

Where are these 21000 odd infected patients?
My friend works at one one of Jhb's biggest private hospital and he says there are no Covid 19 cases in that hospital.

Are these 21000 odd patients recovering at home?
Louise ( Miss Red)
Louise ( Miss Red) - Re: relax and look at the facts
Re: relax and look at the facts
Advertiser
Joined:
17 May 2018
Posts to Date: 2685
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-06-01 08:27:22

I think the difference between wc and gauteng is..

1)..that wc was the first port of entry and from there it spread wich would account for higher numbers in that area.

2) it also reflects that testing is done in the right places in wc to find positive cases.

I am worried that gauteng has blundered in the screening maybe by sending staff to high population areas first when initial roll out of screening began rather than areas with actual positive reports.

Whatever they case maybe. I believe all the numbers are wrong anyway.

The positives I believe are a lot higher than those actually recorded and reflected. I think a lot more people have been positive and will be positive without ever ending up on that list of counted numbers. Because they will not get ill enough to get tested.

I believe that a lot of data and info that has been accumulated about the virus in last two months are not being made public or aint being used to make amendments on initial projections of this virus and its impact it could have or not have or to make amendments on initial plans( not just in S.A. but a over the world)

I believe that the virus has become a tool for politicians to use to justify their actions.(not just in S.A. but all over the world)

I believe the virus is real. I believe that just like any other virus that if you immune system is weakened for any reason you wi get very il or might die.

I believe that if you take care of your health you will get it might get sick but you won't die.

I believe that like any other illness you should take care not to infect others.

I believe that we have done all we can to ready out medical infrastucrures to cope with it if it should go all wrong.

I do not believe that killing an economy is gonna stop the virus.

I believe we should now let the economy go it's way and let people atleast earn and eat decent meals in order to build their immune systems.

The psychological impact this has on people is a lot worse that we believe. I know people that have attempted suicide during this time. All because of the worry about work and money and food.

I am so over being scared. I will take care of my health and i will take care to take care of the health of anyone I should have contact with.

I have done my bit to flatten that curve fo the last 60 odd days as I was asked to do. I have only left my place of residence 7 times during that time to buy essentials.

The guys on Esa has been wonderful in supporting remote content. I have been blessed in so many ways that I could stick it out for this time.
But I am done with not living.
I am taking my live back. I will rather take my risks with this virus than the risks of mental illness, hunger, ending up on a sassa grant or without a roof over my head and having to join the millions that end up blaming everything under the sun for being in that position rather than getting up and doing something to prevent myself from ending up there in the first place.













Kooni
Kooni - Re: relax and look at the facts
Re: relax and look at the facts
Gold Member
Joined:
18 Jun 2019
Posts to Date: 1244
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-01 08:40:54

WC was definitely not the first "port" of entry.

KZN had the first reported case, followed by Gauteng. The first 9 cases were all people that have traveled together from Italy.

There is no issue in taking your life back, and taking risks. It is your life, just don't look for sympathy when the virus hit you where it hurt most, the passing of a family member. As it was your choice to become part of the problem and not to be part of a possible solution.



UnlikelySuspect
UnlikelySuspect - Re: relax and look at the facts
Re: relax and look at the facts
Basic Member
Joined:
23 Mar 2012
Posts to Date: 921
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-01 08:55:03

Yeah like Kooni said, first case was in KZN. But who knows how it spread. I think the WC government is just doing a better job, but again who knows what the real story is. Just look at the U-turn last night about schools opening, the day before it was scheduled, what a joke.
Kooni
Kooni - Re: relax and look at the facts
Re: relax and look at the facts
Gold Member
Joined:
18 Jun 2019
Posts to Date: 1245
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-01 09:02:08

On 2020-06-01 08:55:03 UnlikelySuspect said:
Yeah like Kooni said, first case was in KZN. But who knows how it spread. I think the WC government is just doing a better job, but again who knows what the real story is. Just look at the U-turn last night about schools opening, the day before it was scheduled, what a joke.



The Minister realized there would be a conflict of interest, as the kids are require to help carry and load their parents booze.

"Vele hande maak ligte werk." translated as " the more people available the lighter the workload"

UnlikelySuspect
UnlikelySuspect - Re: relax and look at the facts
Re: relax and look at the facts
Basic Member
Joined:
23 Mar 2012
Posts to Date: 922
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-01 09:08:17

Lol.. funny enough I can imagine that some kids are the reason why some parents need the booze now!
Louise ( Miss Red)
Louise ( Miss Red) - Re: relax and look at the facts
Re: relax and look at the facts
Advertiser
Joined:
17 May 2018
Posts to Date: 2686
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-06-01 09:44:48

On 2020-06-01 08:40:54 Kooni said:
WC was definitely not the first "port" of entry.

KZN had the first reported case, followed by Gauteng. The first 9 cases were all people that have traveled together from Italy.

There is no issue in taking your life back, and taking risks. It is your life, just don't look for sympathy when the virus hit you where it hurt most, the passing of a family member. As it was your choice to become part of the problem and not to be part of a possible solution.






u are right Kooni again.. first landed at OR and tested positive in Kzn.. forgot about that lot of italy travelers ..my apologies.

So he is the first that tested positive but not the first in S.A. to actually be positive I am sure. .. the fact that this has been a thing since last year around the world I bet plenty more positive people crossed into our country before he tested positive..

first or not.. numbers are all wrong in my opinion.

And u also right that it is my life and my right and my choice. Whether that is part of A problem or a part of a solution to A problem,that is your opinion and you have every right to that. I have my own opinion.




EvilAngel
EvilAngel - Re: relax and look at the facts
Re: relax and look at the facts
Gold Member
Joined:
16 Nov 2015
Posts to Date: 1451
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-01 10:54:05

Still think they make a big thing of this. More than 60% will get the virus. If theres lock down or not. Its thr same as other virus each year. The only diffrence with this one is you will get it faster.
The goverment is using this lockdown to pocket more money and to controll the people of SA because they cant think.
Sabrina @ Be-sensual
Sabrina @ Be-sensual - Re: relax and look at the facts
Re: relax and look at the facts
Advertiser
Joined:
5 Nov 2019
Posts to Date: 74
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-06-01 10:54:50

UnlikelySuspect

Of course there would be a huge discrepancy, the WC is not run by the ANC. Besides that, this whole thing is to scare everyone and collapse the world economy so the East can come to the rescue. China and SA have been in the same WhatsApp group for a long time, so they are definitely telling the government what to say. The WC is obviously more well equipped and therefore doing more testing. But one doesn't know what to believe, as I would not be surprised if all our politicians are besties putting on a facade to keep the races at odds with one another, while other stuff is going down behind the scenes.
Wild_Weasel
Wild_Weasel - Re: relax and look at the facts
Re: relax and look at the facts
Gold Member
Joined:
9 Mar 2017
Posts to Date: 504
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-01 11:18:51

The full picture of this disaster will only be unraveled sometime near December this year barring any new lockdown extensions. But yes it's obvious that the Western Cape is conducting more testing hence more results are obtained and reported. Other ANC controlled provinces testing and reporting is heavily censored for political purposes, but the paw-paw is going to hit the fan a few months later when the real number of sick and infected people are miraculously 'discovered' in Gauteng and other provinces. These brainless arseholes called the government are in for a rude awaking in a few months time !

Reply

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend


Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.