On 2020-03-23 17:05:41 Bruv said:
Rotation of troops from the border.
Not deployment
On 2020-03-23 17:05:41 Bruv said:
Rotation of troops from the border.
Not deployment
On 2020-03-23 17:12:31 Butterfinger said:
On 2020-03-23 17:05:41 Bruv said: Rotation of troops from the border.
Not deployment
SANDF troops step in to help fight coronavirus
The South African National Defence Force on Sunday said that it would be deploying troops to help in the fight against the virus.
A South African Army Infantry Formation warning order calls for the deployment of two sub-units of a batallion in Gauteng, the nation's economic heartland. One sub-unit is to be posted to each of South Africa's remaining eight provinces, according to the order dated March 22 and signed by Brigadier-General Bayanda Mkula.
"This conceptually entails supporting other government departments in terms of disaster relief, humanitarian assistance and crisis response," it said.
All leave has been canceled while the order is in force, which will be at least 21 days and as long as three months, it said.
The army will give assistance to the police and the forces are encouraged to execute tasks, such as searches and cordons, in concert.
On 2020-03-23 17:03:00 Bruv said:
Definitely not deployed there. Fake news
On 2020-03-23 17:59:28 Bruv said:
Apparently not Butters
My apologies. Seems like I don't know what the hell I am talking about. Here I thought it was rotation troops, but seems they are now being used for deployment.
I obviously did not know the whole story.
Just super strange that they would be deployed already. Between giving an order and the execution of that order there are a few things that must fall into place.
I bow to those with more intimate knowledge about the Army movements.