Navigation
sexjoburg
sexjoburg - Re: What would you think of searching profiles by race?
Re: What would you think of searching profiles by race?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 45
View Profile
Posted: 2014-09-16 13:39:15

Dunno, lying about your race seems no different from airbrushing your pics or lying on the phone.

If they had it on their profile it would actually be more of an explicit lie, rather than just a photo retouch or whatever.

They'd get bad reviews, the system would sort itself out imo.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: What would you think of searching profiles by race?
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2014-09-16 14:15:20

I'm all for it. It would just make it a whole lot quicker and easier to find what I am looking for. Besides, identifying someone's race, is not racist. Discriminating against that person because of her race... now that's racist!!

BTW, @Samdidtwo... Havata is correct... The saying is indeed "you have another THINK coming". Not that it matters.
samdidtwo
samdidtwo - Re: What would you think of searching profiles by race?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 980
View Profile
Posted: 2014-09-16 15:25:00

@bigeasy thank you, m learning everyday :)
kevin.mnsy
kevin.mnsy - Re: What would you think of searching profiles by race?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 104
View Profile
Posted: 2014-09-16 16:13:23
Edited: 2014-09-16 16:14:30

Although racial preference is a type of discrimination, there isnt a soft term for it. Racist is the only term isnt it. But SA is too race sensitive to use this word let alone the rest of the world to describe a racial preference in a case such as this.

For PC sake I would suggest using the word ethnicity on profiles but this can be taken too literally by an advertiser wishing to decieve and instead of being used descriptively for the purposes we require, it could end up leading to more confusion.

That said, it should be recognised by ESA that racial preference is more of a fetish than a "racist" preference as such and recognising this, could help us find better experiences quicker with less embarrassing situations.

Sometimes there is just something about a certain race that gets me turned on. I am all for selection by race. We males are of the visual sort and racial chracteristics is something we visualize or fantasize about.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.