Mr Bond
Mr Bond - Re: DA winning Pretoria, your thoughts
Re: DA winning Pretoria, your thoughts
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 955
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-08 09:02:30

oraljim

Well stated, in both of your posts. That's the way that I see it too.
Myname
Myname - Re: DA winning Pretoria, your thoughts
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 113
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-08 09:22:26

Malema
dom alliance or ANC?
after all you are the king maker. This is very interesting.
Chmoks
Chmoks - Re: DA winning Pretoria, your thoughts
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1985
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-08 10:16:29
Edited: 2016-08-08 10:17:16

In Tshwane the DA, ANC & EFF have taken 96% of the votes, the rest a mere 4%.
This means that, to get a majority in ruling, very much ESSENTIAL to turn things their way, the DA MUST get the EFF on their side!
That will be a problem, in fact THE problem.
SA's never seen ruling by a coalition of opposition parties yet but it is time now - it is just unfortunate that the number of parties (2) is so small, plus that these parties are so far apart in their views.
However, some agreement is essential and both know it - plus, also the EFF knows that, if they will not be part of some active coalition now they will loose votes at the next poll, for they will have nothing to show if they remain screamers only.
Hence I expect to see an agreement reached if not a coalition between the DA & EFF in Tshwane.

This joint venture, funds allowing, will turn Tshwane around quite like Cape Town did long ago - however with 1 huuuuge difference: exposure!
CT's too far away from the masses, the rural masses, hence their very-much working and oiled municipality has had little bearing on the country's politics.
Not Tshwane, it sits right in the middle of it, plus it is the capitol - it is visited by many from the rural areas, and THIS means that any improvements will be noted, and word-of-mouth will spread that news!
This latter bit, lots of rural people witnessing an improvement in the metropolis ruled by the DA as well as the EFF, will have a domino effect on the voting in these rural areas in the next poll, with consequently the ANC loosing even more votes then, of course these going to the DA and the EFF.

Whether 2 years (the time to the next elections) will be enough remains to be seen, ditto if the funds will be sufficient.
Expect to see rather steep improvements in service deliveries, policing, less corruption, funds spent more efficiently etc etc, and possibly some jobs created as well.

A very similar scenario can, and hopefully will be played in Johannesburg, especially the metropolis itself - however hopefully also in Ekurhuleni, the more outlying parts less important in this.
If the DA plus the EFF can reach some agreement here then they can do the same as mentioned above, turning Jhb into an organized metropolis which is safer, cleaner, works better etc etc, in doing so carrying out the message that "the DA & EFF work better" even further into the rural areas.

If, a big IF admittedly, this will be effected then the demise of the ANC will be a done deal at the next general elections, they will loose massively, and with htat the DA and EFF will gain votes of course.
It will remain to be seen which of the two parties will gain most then, and THIS is of course right at this moment already a reason for the demands and conditions etc tabled for any coalition between the DA & EFF, but we will not hear too much about this power play.

If no agreement/coalition will be reached between DA & EFF then the EFF could turn to the ANC, however this would not gain the EFF the potential of a substantially increased voting-share during the next elections as when they would cooperate with the DA - and they know this, so I don't think, hope even, that it will go this way.
That would leave 'going alone', leaving the EFF as a Maker or Breaker with every vote on decisions made, which would water down progress and change therefore taking more time - and time is at an essence, there's only 2 years to make a visible and notable effect to spread the (good) news!
We will see ;-)
Mujahid001
Mujahid001 - Re: DA winning Pretoria, your thoughts
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1971
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-08 10:23:44

On 2016-08-08 08:55:39 Cindy said:
But to be honest I don't think DA can run joburg well I mean they were running 1 province WC and for me they failed, they are busy talking about creating jobs but how many youth around the WC don't go to school not talk about the gangster issue around there, I don't have hope in them good that they didn't win jhb n won pta, ANC has to wake up its a pity that all the ANC members in PTA that had tenders lost it...sorry guys will just see how it goes

Are you from WC?

Its the cANCer that failed the entire South Africa!

As a reminder to you, the cANCer were busy talking about creating jobs but how many youth around the Gauteng, Eastern Cape, KZN, Northern Cape don't go to school and have gangster issues around there? Not to mention fuckall service delivery.
Martini Henry
Martini Henry - Re: DA winning Pretoria, your thoughts
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 70
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-08 10:36:50

On 2016-08-08 08:55:39 Cindy said:
But to be honest I don't think DA can run joburg well I mean they were running 1 province WC and for me they failed, they are busy talking about creating jobs but how many youth around the WC don't go to school not talk about the gangster issue around there, I don't have hope in them good that they didn't win jhb n won pta, ANC has to wake up its a pity that all the ANC members in PTA that had tenders lost it...sorry guys will just see how it goes

Sadly government do not create jobs. They produce nothing. They can just create a favorable environment for investors who create jobs.
Myname
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 114
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-08 10:37:55
Edited: 2016-08-08 10:41:58

@Chmoks it will be interesting to see that especially after the Commander in Chief saw the living conditions in the other side of cape town. He was even shocked to see people shit next to the freeway in an open field(you know that sight from the airport),in 2016.

Good point Henry sadly many people don't understand that.
Martini Henry
Martini Henry - Re: DA winning Pretoria, your thoughts
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 71
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-08 10:39:34

I wonder how much did the fact that the people did not want Toko Didiza as mayor play in the outcome of the elections?
Myname
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 115
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-08 10:49:59

And the fact that Zuma see's us urban people as being clever.
Chmoks
Chmoks - Re: DA winning Pretoria, your thoughts
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1986
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-08 10:55:13

On 2016-08-08 10:36:50 Martini Henry said:
Sadly government do not create jobs. They produce nothing. They can just create a favorable environment for investors who create jobs.

Correct, and this is government, not municipalities - so vote for change in 2 years time, then the DA will be able to DO something about this!
0% economic growth this year, not at all conducive for the market sector to expand or create jobs now is it?
But, let's first survive past a possible downgrading in October, if it happens a result of the CURRENT government!
SupermanV
SupermanV - Re: DA winning Pretoria, your thoughts
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 447
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-08 11:44:20

A number of you guys are talking about safety and getting rid of the drug lords in Sunnyside/Arcadia, but I don't think that is a local function. I may be wrong but I believe that is a SAPS function.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.