Navigation
Lupe Luxe
Lupe Luxe - Fictional writers.
Fictional writers.
Advertiser
Joined:
8 Aug 2019
Posts to Date: 1345
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-06-09 08:40:27
Edited: 2020-06-09 08:41:07

I know every good writer is definitely "out there".

But I've seriously been wondering, what triggers fictional writers??? Where do you/they get that stuff from?. Is you/their minds that naturally creative?.

I'm genuinely very concerned.x
Crave
Crave - Re: Fictional writers.
Re: Fictional writers.
Basic Member
Joined:
16 Feb 2012
Posts to Date: 1793
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-09 08:57:09

Hi Lupe. What are you concerned about?
Johnny English
Johnny English - Re: Fictional writers.
Re: Fictional writers.
Basic Member
Joined:
10 Dec 2018
Posts to Date: 547
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-09 09:03:50
Edited: 2020-06-09 09:12:27

The strength and depth of the human mind is endless. Imagination is the expansion of the human mind and fiction writing is an extension/expression of that.
Some "extend" more than others.
Lupe Luxe
Lupe Luxe - Re: Fictional writers.
Re: Fictional writers.
Advertiser
Joined:
8 Aug 2019
Posts to Date: 1346
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-06-09 09:38:40

On 2020-06-09 08:57:09 Crave said:
Hi Lupe. What are you concerned about?



About how far one's minds has to wonder, put their words in order and still come back to "normal".
Lupe Luxe
Lupe Luxe - Re: Fictional writers.
Re: Fictional writers.
Advertiser
Joined:
8 Aug 2019
Posts to Date: 1347
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-06-09 09:40:18

On 2020-06-09 09:03:50 Johnny English said:
The strength and depth of the human mind is endless. Imagination is the expansion of the human mind and fiction writing is an extension/expression of that.
Some "extend" more than others.



Impressive.... got to love the human mind.
Crave
Crave - Re: Fictional writers.
Re: Fictional writers.
Basic Member
Joined:
16 Feb 2012
Posts to Date: 1794
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-09 09:46:46

@lupe.You should experiment, just for fun. I started a blog ages ago, which allowed me the freedom to explore my imaginative side.
I picked a real life occurance used that as a framework, and wove a story round it.
It was fun. You should try it
Lupe Luxe
Lupe Luxe - Re: Fictional writers.
Re: Fictional writers.
Advertiser
Joined:
8 Aug 2019
Posts to Date: 1348
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-06-09 09:56:07

On 2020-06-09 09:46:46 Crave said:
@lupe.You should experiment, just for fun. I started a blog ages ago, which allowed me the freedom to explore my imaginative side.
I picked a real life occurance used that as a framework, and wove a story round it.
It was fun. You should try it



Experiment you say.... I wish you hadn't reminded me to do that =p . Btw, I do have a website/blog.
Crave
Crave - Re: Fictional writers.
Re: Fictional writers.
Basic Member
Joined:
16 Feb 2012
Posts to Date: 1796
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-09 10:04:42

Experiment.. I like the way you smiled when you read that. That word can be the axis to your next blog post..
Show me when it's done. Can be anything from a sentence to an A5 page length... And,,,, go
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: Fictional writers.
Re: Fictional writers.
Basic Member
Joined:
30 Dec 2005
Posts to Date: 6074
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-09 10:33:08

By your favour ma'am:

Some people have the gift for words.
Most people today are tone deaf to the beauty of English prose and poetry.

Take Shakespeare for example.
He didn't write to impress anyone.
He wrote plays for a company of strolling actors called The Lord Chamberlain's men.
Shakespeare's motivation was to make money. It was his livelihood. His band of strolling actors were considered little better than vagabonds.
Stage actors were considered very low class people. And yet they could read and memorize overnight long speeches from Shakespeare's plays which they were expected to perform the following day.

Another example would be Jane Austen.
She wrote exquisitely and beautifully.
And yet she did not consider her fiction a big deal. She was a loving aunt and nephews and nieces adored "aunt Jane".
Her wish was to be remembered as a loving aunt and not as a great writer.

Then consider the Bronte sisters. They were the daughters of a priest on the bleak , cold Yorkshire country. Their main focus was their domestic chores and tending to their sick father. In between their domestic chores they scribbled the most amazing fiction.

I could go on.....
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Fictional writers.
Re: Fictional writers.
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2020-06-09 11:43:40

On 2020-06-09 08:40:27 Lupe Luxe said:
I know every good writer is definitely "out there".

But I've seriously been wondering, what triggers fictional writers??? Where do you/they get that stuff from?. Is you/their minds that naturally creative?.

I'm genuinely very concerned.x



I know what you mean, I remember watching a movie called 'The Cell' with Jennifer Lopez in the cast. When it was over I walked out of the movies thinking who ever wrote this script needs help. Freaked me out on so many levels.

On the flip side if that was the impact the movie wanted to have then job done.

Reply

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend


Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.