Vrik
Vrik - Re: Elections!!!
Re: Elections!!!
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2474
View Profile
Posted: 2024-06-02 17:50:47

On 2024-06-02 14:54:19 Lexington Steele said:

You can blame the ANC for messing it up again, but the first decade under Mandela and Mbeki got South Africa on a very good path, not perfect but really good to begin with.

With that i can mostly agree. It was not bad. But the BEEE seeds was laid - which let to the appointment of incompetent people which destroyed institutions. Allowed cadre deployment which meant over paying for services not delivered, or of really inferior quality.

I understand the need for addressing Apartheid inequalities. But to allow a few hundred people to get rich at the expense of the millions of poor black people was almost as bad as Apartheid.
Russian Bridgitte
Russian Bridgitte - Re: Elections!!!
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 11295
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-06-02 19:50:32
Edited: 2024-06-02 20:01:33

On 2024-06-02 17:50:47 Vrik said:
On 2024-06-02 14:54:19 Lexington Steele said:
You can blame the ANC for messing it up again, but the first decade under Mandela and Mbeki got South Africa on a very good path, not perfect but really good to begin with.

With that i can mostly agree. It was not bad. But the BEEE seeds was laid - which let to the appointment of incompetent people which destroyed institutions. Allowed cadre deployment which meant over paying for services not delivered, or of really inferior quality.

I understand the need for addressing Apartheid inequalities. But to allow a few hundred people to get rich at the expense of the millions of poor black people was almost as bad as Apartheid.

Actually it is worse than apartheid in my eyes.

When ones own who professes to practice equality and the right to a better life enrich themselves at the expense of the poorest....

Failed education
Failed healthcare
Failed sociol structures
Failed infrastructure
Failed safety and security
Failed.........FAILED.

It is outright...evil.

Yet...fatcats whose children are set for life while other younglings have no hope of a future where that which was promised to them in 1994 has been made a farce of.

Where fatcats play on skin colour and colonialism keeping citizens at each bothers throats while they sell out the nation to the highest bidder, living in colonial splendor, proud coconuts professing to fight for humanitarian rights while holding their own to ransom , guilt tripping them into believing theirs is the right way and being of colour is a curse.

The time has come.

Either a civil uprising

Or

The political parties know what it means to put country before party politics.

RB.

J_J
J_J - Re: Elections!!!
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 455
View Profile
Posted: 2024-06-02 20:15:52

Calm down Bridgitte, it can never be worse than apartheid ...

This elections is/ was a major turning point, but the fundamentalist ... both on the right and the left need to concede ...

Democratic Elections is civilized war; instead of a real war, we agree on a set of rules to engage in battle on, and the key is that *we all accept the outcomes*, whether we like it or not; noting that we get to go to war again in 5 years again. As life doesn't end, it's never final. We need too accept what the people have chosen, and make it work ... no need for losers to storm the capital. That would be "failure", going back to real war, where everyone loses.
Russian Bridgitte
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 11298
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-06-02 20:20:41
Edited: 2024-06-02 20:22:47

J_J

Who is the "we" you referring to?

As to

"....no need for losers to storm the capital. That would be "failure", going back to real war, where everyone loses."

That is EXACTLY what I said...let us see if the "we" understands that.

...and coalitions are formed with the country and its citizens interest at heart.

RB.
Russian Bridgitte
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 11299
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-06-02 20:36:18
Edited: 2024-06-02 20:40:38

Ps. J_J

You have never known things to be worse than apartheid?

You?

How's about the ones who are living in democracy and are worse off for it?...governed by their own elected representatives who claimed to have fought for the right to equality?

You ....mmmmmm.

And the rest who had hoped for a better future under the newly elected democratic system ?..born in a democracy and the hope to a better life?

The same government who goes to the hague to fight for human rights?

...using the money of the poorest to fund such a representation..dirty politicking just before the elections.

I still believe if Chris Hani had not been taken out...the undertones, by his "own"...who knows what the dawn of a democracy might have been like and the realization of equality for all.

Evil politicking...I say.

RB
just4licks
just4licks - Re: Elections!!!
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 54
View Profile
Posted: 2024-06-02 20:43:01

Yoh!
Older okes usually gain wisdom borne from years of sexperience.

So why the hell you telling a woman,on a public forum nogamaal,to,eish,calm the fuck down?
Because that,China,is how you start a war.

Can we just go back to spending what little money we have left buying sex and instant gratification in here rather?
Russian Bridgitte
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 11300
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-06-02 20:46:17

Dearest just4licks

J_J and I know each other a little better than most.

:)

To hold an open conversation without skirting around obvious truths may make one of us uncomfortable and it ain't got nothing to do with either of our genders.

I promise.

;)

RB.
J_J
J_J - Re: Elections!!!
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 456
View Profile
Posted: 2024-06-02 21:21:39

RB, tonight I'm staying at that hotel right next to your old place in Durban. If only you were here I'd walk over and give you a big fat smooch ... or a slap on the bum. Not quite sure ...
___

Said in jest, not committing virtual GBV.

Maybe the more appropriate thing to say: I'd invite you for a chat in the park across the road. But then, for our country, it's not quite safe for two lovers to be sitting in the park this time at night.

We can only dream, and work towards being that country ...
Russian Bridgitte
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 11303
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-06-02 21:30:12

J_J

.....you do know I might have just "fallen in love" with you....?

How dare you be so amicable!?!?!?

Grin...and THAT is how the "we" can form coalitions rewarding...

In your words..."to work toward being that country..."

I say a resounding YES!!!

Sighhhhh...I do love my Durban and miss it tremendously .

What a pity I ain't there....I think I would have devoured you complete!

RB.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.