Navigation
Lupe Luxe
Lupe Luxe - Phobias.
Phobias.
Advertiser
Joined:
8 Aug 2019
Posts to Date: 1368
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-06-15 09:52:54

Why don't people understand and respect phobias??? . My phobia makes want to die

* my siblings never stopped taking advantage of that. Even now, not so much though.

* my lecturer once gave the "judging eye" after I asked him to not give me a certain rock sample during the exam because it triggered my phobia.

* I know screaming is unsettling but even after someone knows why you did that, they still try and convince you that you're being a baby.

My phobia makes feel like something is crawling underneath my skin, scalp and I'll scratch myself to death until calm. It also makes me cry uncontrollably... is this how everyone's with a phobia feels like??

I just read about "MEGALOPHOBHIA"-fear of large objects. I did laugh and was about to be dismissive and then I'm like " hold up Miss Shame Bells" .

Can everything cause a phobia then?
oraljim
oraljim - Re: Phobias.
Re: Phobias.
Gold Member
Joined:
3 Sep 2013
Posts to Date: 1696
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-15 10:50:26

I absolutely hate it when people don't take phobias seriously. I have 2, pretty severe ones. I ALWAYS tell people about them if the context is appropriate. They ALWAYS try to provoke the phobia to "test" me or some shit so see if its real. That always turns out very badly for everyone because when I scream, or feint, or have to reach for my heart meds (literally) all of a sudden they are overcome with guilt. I mean why the fuck even try it when someone just told you they are deathly afraid of something.
Blades
Blades - Re: Phobias.
Re: Phobias.
Basic Member
Joined:
11 Sep 2018
Posts to Date: 481
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-15 12:14:57
Edited: 2020-06-15 12:23:00

I suffer from arachnophobia. It is my only phobia.

In high school I was in boarding school. My roommate was aware of my phobia. So, one day there was a huge rain spider in our room. I didn't see it, but my roommate did. He agitated it with the broom and it climbed on the broom. He then chased me through the hall with the broom. When I got cornered, I grabbed the broom handle with my left hand and yanked it towards me while throwing a punch with my right fist. My roommate went down, lights out. It was the last time he took advantage of my phobia.
Louise ( Miss Red)
Louise ( Miss Red) - Re: Phobias.
Re: Phobias.
Advertiser
Joined:
17 May 2018
Posts to Date: 2737
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-06-15 14:49:34

On 2020-06-15 12:14:57 Blades said:
I suffer from arachnophobia. It is my only phobia.

In high school I was in boarding school. My roommate was aware of my phobia. So, one day there was a huge rain spider in our room. I didn't see it, but my roommate did. He agitated it with the broom and it climbed on the broom. He then chased me through the hall with the broom. When I got cornered, I grabbed the broom handle with my left hand and yanked it towards me while throwing a punch with my right fist. My roommate went down, lights out. It was the last time he took advantage of my phobia.



Absolutely not cool people making fun of fobias. My daughter suffers from arachnophobia. Hers is so bad a picture of a spider is enough to make her have nightmares. She is grownup now. But when she was a kid she use to get teazed a lot and it use cause panic attacks that was really bad.
Louise ( Miss Red)
Louise ( Miss Red) - Re: Phobias.
Re: Phobias.
Advertiser
Joined:
17 May 2018
Posts to Date: 2738
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-06-15 14:50:03
Edited: 2020-06-15 14:51:04

................
Lupe Luxe
Lupe Luxe - Re: Phobias.
Re: Phobias.
Advertiser
Joined:
8 Aug 2019
Posts to Date: 1369
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-06-15 17:31:10

I guess many don't understand :(
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: Phobias.
Re: Phobias.
Basic Member
Joined:
30 Dec 2005
Posts to Date: 6084
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-15 17:42:39

I have a deep fear of snakes. Ophidiophobia.
I watch Snakes in the City on NatGeo wild and I just cannot understand how people can live in Durban.
I mean right in the urban center of metropolitan Durban Simon Keys removes snakes. Suburban gardens in Durban and surrounds are infested with deadly mambas, spitting cobras etc.
I had the idea of spending the winter in Durban to escape the Jhb cold.
I've changed my mind completely! Guest houses, caravan parks and other holiday accommodation have had incidents of dangerous serpents removed from their premises.
Nor would I ever punt in Durban.
Whatever cold weather we have to endure in Jhb bring it on!
I'm so lucky to be living on a busy road in Jhb.



UnlikelySuspect
UnlikelySuspect - Re: Phobias.
Re: Phobias.
Basic Member
Joined:
23 Mar 2012
Posts to Date: 987
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-15 19:30:35

On 2020-06-15 17:42:39 Ben Layden said:
I have a deep fear of snakes. Ophidiophobia.
I watch Snakes in the City on NatGeo wild and I just cannot understand how people can live in Durban.
I mean right in the urban center of metropolitan Durban Simon Keys removes snakes. Suburban gardens in Durban and surrounds are infested with deadly mambas, spitting cobras etc.
I had the idea of spending the winter in Durban to escape the Jhb cold.
I've changed my mind completely! Guest houses, caravan parks and other holiday accommodation have had incidents of dangerous serpents removed from their premises.
Nor would I ever punt in Durban.
Whatever cold weather we have to endure in Jhb bring it on!
I'm so lucky to be living on a busy road in Jhb.





Don't care too much about the show that Brit puts up on tv. Ask Sylvia to get rid of him, lol! No seriously, I have been to Durban and the coast area many times and also the bushveld, areas where there are "many" snakes. Have seen a handfull in real life. That show is made up of all the calls they get and it is dramatised obviously.
Lupe Luxe
Lupe Luxe - Re: Phobias.
Re: Phobias.
Advertiser
Joined:
8 Aug 2019
Posts to Date: 1370
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-06-15 19:53:18

I'm even paranoid to tell my phobia because of how people can be people .

Btw, I love snakes ...always considered petting a one small beauty :)

Reply

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend


Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.