Navigation
Arhwen
Arhwen - Re: Friendship in the Purple world
Re: Friendship in the Purple world
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 4828
  View Profile  
Posted: 2017-12-11 16:03:32

Yes you most definitely can I have made some really awesome friends genuine people people who have supported me when I was smiling on the outside and hurting on the inside.

They told me exactly what I needed to hear even though I didn't want to hear it people who never judged me even when I was difficult or out of line.

People I could laugh with and cry with and even disagree with.

To those people you know who you are I love you lot's. Thanks for keeping it real :)

I am blessed to have you in my life :) :) :)
Yewrev1
Yewrev1 - Re: Friendship in the Purple world
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 24
View Profile
Posted: 2017-12-11 17:37:35

I have met some really stunning people in the purple valley that I could very easily be friends with outside of Esa.

aulay_domnall
aulay_domnall - Re: Friendship in the Purple world
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 86
View Profile
Posted: 2017-12-11 17:57:56

I've been punting about 35 years.

The best of my knowledge, I've never even met another punter. If I'm friends with any punters that's a pure coincidence, not through punting, and I don't know they punt.

And I've never established any kind of relationship outside of the bedroom with a WG: but then I don't have a friendship with the guy who services my car, or my dentist, or with any of my own clients.

[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Friendship in the Purple world
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2017-12-11 20:38:59
Edited: 2017-12-11 20:42:49

Is it possible to develop a true friendship here ?

This is one of those questions best debated over some long lazy beers on a warm afternoon.

What is friendship exactly ? What is your expectation of friendship ? What are you prepared to offer in terms of friendship ?

They say that family is family and everyone else is just a stranger. But some strangers can move closer to you. Become friends.

Most people are just acquaintences, not really friends. Those that you drink with, chat occasionally, but are they really friends ?

Are they there for you when you are in need ? Can you really call them when the shit hit the fan ? When you are so in need of someone that you run out of options ? Who is that person ?

When you are lying in hospital or you are sick, who is that person that will, sometimes irritatingly, enquire about your health and your progress ? Who is the one that will leave everything and get in his car and drive to where you are to lend a helping hand or ear ?

Look for that person that has your best interest at heart. Before his or her own.

Find that person, and you will find a true friend. And cherish them, for they are few are far in between. Bulshit experts can only go so far, their true colours coming out soon enough. You will miss them when they are not there.

Someone recently told me that you should be a "do-person", meaning that words are empty. She heard all the stories before. Do something and show that you want to be my friend.

I AM your friend. You CAN call me. I WILL be there. I expect NOTHING in return. That is the TRUE NATURE of friendship.

Cheers

If Only
If Only - Re: Friendship in the Purple world
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1557
View Profile
Posted: 2017-12-11 21:28:13

"True friends stab you in the front"

~Oscar Wilde
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: Friendship in the Purple world
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 4536
View Profile
Posted: 2017-12-11 22:25:33

On 2017-12-11 21:28:13 If Only said:
"True friends stab you in the front"

~Oscar Wilde

Et tu Brute ?
KICKASS
KICKASS - Re: Friendship in the Purple world
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 5715
View Profile
Posted: 2017-12-11 22:31:20

Made some good friends on this site
Arizona
Arizona - Re: Friendship in the Purple world
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 890
  View Profile  
Posted: 2017-12-11 22:53:03
Edited: 2017-12-11 22:55:11

I have made lifetime friends in this business. I probably wouldn't have met them if it wasn't for this "purple land'. And we have been through a hellava lot together, good and bad. Some friendships have grown stronger, some have dwindled. But I honestly have more faith and trust in these friendships than I do in the ones I have in the so called normal world.

Perhaps, because we probably already know the worst about each other. All our dirty little secrets. Therefore, there is no pretence, pretentiousness or judgement. We just accept each other with all our flaws, and we may not talk every day. And we may not like that they tell us the truth that we don't want to hear sometimes. But if one of my friends called me at any time, day or night and needed me. I would be there at any given moment, if it in my power and I can be.

We are kind like a dysfucktional family! We love each other, even when we might not like each other.

Mwah

Arz
Heavypecker
Heavypecker - Re: Friendship in the Purple world
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 201
View Profile
Posted: 2017-12-12 06:30:39

Wg / punter friends are fake ! What better way to make money than to befriend a wealthy guy and pretend you care . When they go through tough times you must be there and when you go through tough times they move on
Been there got the Tshirt it's all BS
Veronica Franco
Veronica Franco - Re: Friendship in the Purple world
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 4095
  View Profile  
Posted: 2017-12-12 09:01:37
Edited: 2017-12-12 09:40:49

On 2017-12-12 06:30:39 Heavypecker said:
Wg / punter friends are fake ! What better way to make money than to befriend a wealthy guy and pretend you care . When they go through tough times you must be there and when you go through tough times they move on
Been there got the Tshirt it's all BS.

Perhaps it was circumstance. I've been going through some real bad shit and have been working on and off and after you pmed me on esa for a booking, you had a go at me because I never responded. I regarded you as a friend and someone I trusted and cared for but I couldn't bring myself to see anyone because my life was a pile of crap! In the same token, I've been used, hurtand deserted when I truly needed nothing more but support, patience and understanding and where were all those so called friends?

Im blessed to have made some new friends, but I struggle to allow them to care about me! I feel like a burden.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.