Sibyl - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 327
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-10-13 19:04:18
Edited: 2016-10-13 19:07:32

On 2016-10-13 18:43:08 Ben Layden said:

Reality will catch up with us soon enough.

I share your sentiment. If you look at the current economic crisis in Venezuela, just imagine if something similar, even on a much smaller scale, were to happen here..

There will be massive riots..hungry people are desperate people, and desperate people are dangerous people, as they have nothing to loose....

The people of Venezuela also initially thought that everything will be ok. Preparing for the worst was not on the agenda whilst things were still okay..
prozac82
prozac82 - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 588
View Profile
Posted: 2016-10-13 19:58:06

The reality is that interest has ruled the world. Now it's about survival, which Country is not in a recession? Where can we move to?
Sibyl
Sibyl - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 330
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-10-13 20:10:13
Edited: 2016-10-13 20:13:32

On 2016-10-13 19:58:06 prozac82 said:
Now it's about survival, which Country is not in a recession? Where can we move to?

Agreed, it is all about survival now, but running away from a problem, is not going to solve anything, besides, there is no place to run to.
Equally, putting one's head in the sand, is also no going to solve anything.

First thing to do, is to be aware and to acknowledge that there is indeed a big problem heading our way and to do something on an individual level, to buffer yourself. Whether this takes the form of getting rid of debt, investing in tangibles like gold in hand, stuffing some money each month under the mattress or simply starting a veggie garden to become a bit more self sufficient and save money on the grocery bill, any step taken in preparing for the worst, is always a prudent thing to do, even if by some miracle the economy stabilizes and grows in the near future.
prozac82
prozac82 - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 589
View Profile
Posted: 2016-10-13 20:15:15

If does grow, it needs to first go down. When it does grow again will be many yrs from now most of us won't live to see that I guess. But for now I would have to think that the Arabian countries are where we should head to. I don't want my kid coming home from varsity telling me they burnt down a bus, I will murder my kid
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 3818
View Profile
Posted: 2016-10-13 21:53:42

On 2016-10-13 20:15:15 prozac82 said:
But for now I would have to think that the Arabian countries are where we should head to. I don't want my kid coming home from varsity telling me they burnt down a bus, I will murder my kid

The root cause of all this uncivilized behavior burning and destroying property is the spread of the Liberal propaganda.

And if you say anything against it, you will be labelled a racist, a traitor, and that you are behind the times etc.

I think our ancestors several centuries ago were nearer to the truth than we are today.

[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-10-14 00:48:44

Ben

Some people use the "ostriich" syndrome to survive, not looking ahead. Adjusting on a crisis basis, which is what life is for some.

I believe in : Foretold is forewarned.

Use the info or not. But then again, someone idiot spouting economic idiosyncries on a punting site not really the pontification (This word is for you. XXX) that people would adhere to.

Prozac :

There are many countries where economic forces are the ones governing the policies of the governbment, so the choice is great. Stability, low inflation, virtually no corruption, low crime rates. There are many of these countries available.

Cheers
Mujahid001
Mujahid001 - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 2433
View Profile
Posted: 2016-10-14 09:39:45

Hoe weet jy 'n Brakpan ou is die tipe wat goed beplan vir die toekoms?
- Hy koop genoeg Coke vir sy brandewyn!
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-10-14 11:14:43

" or simply starting a veggie garden " ja ja fuck the fruitshop owners!

The reality is that if you keep saying all your life that the shit is going to hit the fan, eventually you will be right!
Shenanigans
Shenanigans - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 83
View Profile
Posted: 2016-10-18 21:59:28

[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-10-18 22:13:05

Shenanigans

I particularly liked the "Pikkewyntjie".

Going to do some research on him.

Remember the Penguin in Batman ? Danny de Vito. Comical figure but deadly intent.

Pikkewyntjie : Misguided. Gullible. Foolish. He will become the butt of many more jokes. Immortalised by being the cunt that fucked our economy.

Cheers

This thread is locked. No further replies can be made

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.