Navigation
Fire in her Hole
Fire in her Hole - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 478
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-29 21:53:31

The interest rate will not increase. Cheers!
Nitram29
Nitram29 - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 102
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-29 21:59:41

I dont know where to start , except its over simplified and half -truths .

Do your own research , junk status isnt end of the world , personally I think the rand will actually improve after.

JSE should do well , most of the earnings is rand hedged , I think earnings will improve and prices will follow .

Lots of translation gains still to be had.

Property in a relative low intrest rate should still do very well , and comperativly SA property is extremly inexpensive , not sure you can discribe our market as a bubble ?

Asset owners , and capital rich individuals will continue to do well , those who dont own assets ,is highly geared and workers will feel the pinch
Im going to stop typing .
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 3731
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-29 22:22:21

Nitram29 you are the guy I often see holding forth eloquently on BDTV (channel 410).

You are absolutely correct.
Nitram29
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 103
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-29 22:38:45

There's a lot of posting about how terrible its going to be in SA and all doom and gloom , therefore all providers must drop prices faster then the rand falling !

Reality if you adjusted your sails or build your ark , you be more then fine .

Have a few skills and qualifications , we have a serious skill shortage your fine .

Own a few properties , your fine ! property values will hold and rentals will go up .

Build a share portfolio or other assets over time , great you be fine

Spend more then you earn , missed a 20 year property boom and skipped on that extra degree - Pleas post and perpetuate the idea that its all doom and scare the girls into dropping prices

Arizona
Arizona - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 219
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-08-29 23:14:33

It's not all doom and gloom. But sad to see how many people follow the negative bubble, do you not realise your negativity feeds the masses?

I deleted my earlier response in this thread because at times wg's opinions are not respected.

We all have different opinions, but all are based on financial security for our families and their futures. Call a spade a spade!

I agree with most of the posts here, but also alarmed, regarding property.
The market dropped 20 percent in Oct 2015. Is it a buyers market, or a Banks market? Will it continue to drop? Perhaps! You, as a buyer, I am curious to understand why would you buy a property here at this time? Do you feel that we are in a politically, financial stable situation to justify investing in a long term commitment in SA. Are you trusting in the markets to get better in the next 5 years. History shows its a cyclic market so you have to be able to ride the storm for 5 years, at a minimum. Just a question because I am keen to understand,no judgements.

At this moment, your property is not worth what you paid for it. It's not worth what you invested in it. If you over capitilised on improvements. Sorry to burst your bubble.
But the Bottem Line is ... Your property is now only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it! Your first offer will be your best offer in a rapidly declining market.

Rentals went up. But people are downsizing not upsizing?

Cost of living goes up?

Expenses increase, people will not be able to afford the lifestyles they once did?

Is anyone paying attention to the elections of our neighbouring countries and abroad?

There are so many factors to consider in our future?

What are your thoughts and plans?

Mwah

Arz

Riaz999
Riaz999 - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 148
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-29 23:17:55

Stock Tips

Buy Naspers-(have a holding in Tencent group(wechat) doing well)
Buy Mediclinic-(As people get older, richer and more well-insured around the world, hospital beds are full)

Avoid(dont buy)-Asset Managers(Investec, PSG, Coronation etc...)-These companies do well, but are rather cyclical - they do best when the market is rising, but badly when markets fall.
Arizona
Arizona - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 220
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-08-29 23:34:03
Edited: 2016-08-29 23:38:18

@nitram,

Lol. The girls that have been around a while, that offer consistent, good service and have a good reputation are doing fine. That's on the upside. It seems clients are are sticking with the ladies that they know, rather than parting with their hard earned Rondela's on a whim.

Business is business, no matter what industry you are in. Customers will stay with value for money in these times!

So whatever business you are in, do it with justice and serve the customer to the best of your ability. Or you may fall by the way side!

Mwah

Arz
Mujahid001
Mujahid001 - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2110
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-29 23:38:08

m.youtube.com/watch

Thanks numb buddy.
Nitram29
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 104
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-29 23:38:20

"Sorry to say your properties is less then you paid for it " Not in Val de Vie , not in many many places in SA , but I like to buy a few luxury properties in exlusive estates . I'm surprised at just how robust the top end is , and how many foreign interest there is in rental and ownership .

I easly doubled the value in 4 years , plus received rental yields of 12-15 %

Buying town houses in Centurion and Pta East trying to flip them , that boat has sailed years ago.

Theres lots of opportunities out there , but it require a little more research and savvy then what "Rich dad , poor Dad" suggest
P.S Naspers is a terible share that happens to do well , but I keep that for a nother day
Mujahid001
Mujahid001 - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2111
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-29 23:43:31

On 2016-08-29 23:38:20 Nitram29 said:

P.S Naspers is a terible share

My bru, here I agree with you if only because WeChat is shit and used by douche bags.

Any ways boss, you must be p0es wealthy if you like to buy a few luxury properties in exlusive estates. Are you a Zuma or Gupta by any chance?
This thread is locked. No further replies can be made

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.