Navigation
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Been take for a "Ride" by 2 ladies in 2 weeks
Re: Been take for a "Ride" by 2 ladies in 2 weeks
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2015-03-29 11:49:00
Edited: 2015-03-29 11:51:47

Based solely on personal experiences, mine are completely the opposite of the previous poster's, having many friends who have been smoking weed for more than 20 years, for recreational or medicinal purposes, and not one has progressed beyond just that.

Surveys and studies also differ on whether cannabis is a gateway drug or not, (more than likely depending on who is funding the institution doing the study).

A National Survey of Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) in the United States found that alcohol tends to precede cannabis use, and it is rare for those who use hard drugs not have used alcohol or tobacco first. Lifetime drinkers were also six times more likely to use or be dependent on illicit drugs than lifetime nondrinkers.

The internationally recognized National Institute on Drug Abuse categorically states that cannabis is not a gateway drug.
They have noted that most cannabis users do not go on to use "harder" substances.
They add that compared with that of alcohol or tobacco, there is nothing particularly different about any pharmacological effect of cannabis that would make it more likely to cause a person to use more harmful substances.

This argument has been around for ages and neither side will be convinced that the other side may be correct.

But to label people as 'druggies' because they partake in a joint occasionally is ludicrous !

Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: Been take for a "Ride" by 2 ladies in 2 weeks
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2879
View Profile
Posted: 2015-03-29 12:03:19

Human beings are infinitely complex creatures.
Why do people need artificial stimulants?

-Read a good book.
-Enjoy an infinite variety of exquisitely delicious food.
- so many beautiful women out there to enjoy.
- enjoy a walk or jog in the park.
- chill out with friends at a braai.
etc etc
WHY DRUGS?????
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Been take for a "Ride" by 2 ladies in 2 weeks
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2015-03-29 12:22:44
Edited: 2015-03-29 12:30:02

Some books, tv can lead to indoctrination !
Some delicious food is addictive - can lead to obesity and cholesterol !
Women - "femme fatale" factor not to mention health issues !
A walk or a jog in the park can lead to being mugged or pollution !
Too many braais with 'friends' are known to cause marital problems !
Danger lurks everywhere ... !
Maybe we should mention that God did create all plants including that dreaded cannabis plant !
muffman69
muffman69 - Re: Been take for a "Ride" by 2 ladies in 2 weeks
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 700
View Profile
Posted: 2015-03-29 13:52:41

...and the coca plant and poppies as well. It depends what you make of it. True, cannabis can lead to dependency. However, that usually affects people who have underlying problems. Ditto alcohol, except for the fact that the problems then become a lot bigger. I for one have smoked weed for many years now. Never in that time have I felt the urge to try anything "harder", so there goes the gateway drug theory. The true gateway drugs are alcohol and tobacco, both legal in S.A. As for supporting dealers who also deal in things other than weed, no thanks. I get my stash by other means.
Arhwen
Arhwen - Re: Been take for a "Ride" by 2 ladies in 2 weeks
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 885
  View Profile  
Posted: 2015-03-29 18:42:15

Speaking from experience as ex drug addict or recovering drug addict about 12 years ago I was a rock addict coming clean was one of the hardest things for me to do. During this time I tried extacy, cat, coke, lsd, shroooms never used anything else from bieng a day to day crack smoker i moved on to being a bingr use of all of the above. The road to recovery was difficult and anyway I was introduced to weed which helped me not to crave I never hit heavy downers and I started eating and sleeping which is something I batteled to do (I've herd coming clean in rehab is hard but doing it on your own is a accomplishment) anyway I do smoke a joint a day half in the morning half at night and not once have I felt the urge to take hard drugs again. And my clients and the wgs that know me can all vouche for me that even though I smoke a joint a day it does not affecty treatment or who I am as a person.

Its been 10 years that I can say I am not addicted to hard drugs and if anybody wants to class me as a druggie so be it because nobody knows the road I have walked to get hear so to the person that says weed leads to harder drugs I'm living proof that that is not always the case.
Arhwen
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 886
  View Profile  
Posted: 2015-03-29 18:44:19

PS proven fact most road accidents are caused by drunken drivers not stoned ones;)

@ jd Q has given you some very good advice ;)
Jazmine
Jazmine - Re: Been take for a "Ride" by 2 ladies in 2 weeks
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 77
  View Profile  
Posted: 2015-03-29 19:01:08

@Arwhen well said my friend... I work with you so I can vouch for that. You are one of the most awesome girls I've met in this industry and you also have your head screwed on straight. Definitely nothing wrong with you xxx
Arhwen
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 887
  View Profile  
Posted: 2015-03-29 19:19:08

@ Jazzy Jazz thank you big hug need to have my head screwed on right I am a mother and father to 2 kids not much of a choice but to remain level headed. Thanx again gf you rock.
Lefty
Lefty - Re: Been take for a "Ride" by 2 ladies in 2 weeks
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 54
View Profile
Posted: 2015-03-29 19:28:27

@ Arhwen, thumbs up babes. I raise my glass to you:) Each of us walk our own road. Hopefully not a road of trepidation (spell check someone?).
Arhwen
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 888
  View Profile  
Posted: 2015-03-29 19:47:06

@ lefty the spelling is spot on. If it where not for going down that road I would not be the person I am today. My experiences have moulded and for that I will forever be greatful. And ive met some really awesome ppl while walking my road to recovery :)

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.