Kooni
Kooni - Re: At what level?
Re: At what level?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1227
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 08:54:54

On 2020-05-26 08:50:15 UnlikelySuspect said:
On 2020-05-26 08:37:41 Kooni said: Your lungs are affected by smoking, and those around you via 2nd hand smoking. Only your health are affected by your drinking.

The thinking is therefore that less people will be affected via the lifting of the alcohol ban.

Although it does not make sense, that is how the cookie crumbles

Yeah. But nobody goes out to make kak when they smoke. Alcohol though...

Depend on what they been smoking, but I do agree.

NDZ just don't like smoking, she is afterall the reason why advertising by tobacco companies were banned.

UnlikelySuspect
UnlikelySuspect - Re: At what level?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 896
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 09:00:44

On 2020-05-26 08:54:54 Kooni said:

NDZ just don't like smoking, she is afterall the reason why advertising by tobacco companies were banned.

What do you have to smoke to cause kak like alcohol?

I agree that smoking is bad. Many countries are making it more and more difficult to smoke. But to do it this way, during a pandemic, is just not right.
Sabrina @ Be-sensual
Sabrina @ Be-sensual - Re: At what level?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 63
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-05-26 09:02:25

On 2020-05-26 07:40:25 Kooni said:
On 2020-05-25 09:22:15 Sabrina @ Be-sensual said: Do you guys honestly still buy into the 'fact' that Corona is such a huge threat? There are so many other contagious diseases that people are dying from on a much larger scale, not to mention the (give or take) 60 murders that take place in this country on a daily basis. Yet you used to leave your house and go out with that very real danger staring you in the face. I'm not being funny, I just don't get why people are still panicking when it's so obvious that the government is riding this 'pandemic wave' for their own gain. Just look at our lovely 'Health Minister' for a prime example.

It is maybe time to widen your horizons and realize this pandemic is not local, it is worldwide. Government is not the reason for the pandemic, but they do have a responsibility to keep all citizens safe, not just the younger generation. Might just be in your own interest to take this pandemic a little more serious.

Government do lose a lot more through the current economy, there is absolutely no gain in it for them.

Oh wow, thanks. I thought we only had Corona in SA.
The government is losing absolutely nothing, lol! Are you kidding me? There are still taxes of whatever amount being paid. Does it look like they're using it for the sake of the citizens? Dlamini- Zuma and her offspring are in cahoots making fat stacks of cash with their opportunistic cigarette business, do you think Cyril and co are getting nothing? Ha ha! Do you own a radio/ tv/ Facebook and or Twitter account? I never said the government is the reason for the 'pandemic', so not sure where you read that? Responsibility to keep the country safe? You're absolutely right. That being said, having responsibility and actually being responsible are two extremely different things. Where has the ANC ever been responsible? Pensioners are earning a pittance, yet they had 250 million rand to spend on a damn estate for a president who can't even read?
Besides that! Many countries the world over are being fear mongered by their governments.
Kooni, I believe you are the one who needs to broaden your way of thinking.
Wear a mask and wash your upper extremities and you'll be okay. ;)

Ps: think twice before TRYING to patronize me. X
Sabrina @ Be-sensual
Sabrina @ Be-sensual - Re: At what level?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 64
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-05-26 09:04:26

On 2020-05-26 08:18:17 Louise ( Miss Red) said:
On 2020-05-26 08:12:45 BOOBS53 said: On 2020-05-26 08:04:57 Crave said: I think NDZ has made a concession as there is civil unrest brewing around the alcohol thing, and she wants to protect her tobacco interests by shifting the spotlight

You sir .. are one clever man. Have a bells .. but only next week .. lol ;)

can plug a chicken alive.. if he is hungry he will still eat the crumbs from your hand.. This is what they doing to this country...

Miss Louise, exactly!
Crave
Crave - Re: At what level?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1789
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 09:06:14

On 2020-05-26 08:54:54 Kooni said:
On 2020-05-26 08:50:15 UnlikelySuspect said: On 2020-05-26 08:37:41 Kooni said: Your lungs are affected by smoking, and those around you via 2nd hand smoking. Only your health are affected by your drinking.

The thinking is therefore that less people will be affected via the lifting of the alcohol ban.

Although it does not make sense, that is how the cookie crumbles

Yeah. But nobody goes out to make kak when they smoke. Alcohol though...

I wonder what the stats are - People dying from lung cancer etc caused by smoking, or people dying in drunk related incidents, like drunk driving.
It's not that NDZ doesn't like smoking, she doesn't like competition, and this is her time to shine - she has shares in cigarette packaging / manufacturing companies in JHB who are pumping out grey market smokes during this time.

Where there are smokes, there are NDZ
Crave
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1790
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 09:10:34

Gold Leaf Tobacco Coy (in JHB) is owned by her son and Carnilinx Tobacco (also based in JHB) is owned by Adriano Mazotti who funded her Presidential bid..
Kooni
Kooni - Re: At what level?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1228
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 09:18:53

Alcholol and drugs use disorder about 1000 per day
Liver diseases 3600 per day.

Cancer 26000 per day
Respiratory 17000 per day.

Not all cancer or respiratory deaths are smoking related, but in general based on those numbers more people die from smoking than from alcohol.

Majority of deaths per day is cardiovascular related which in excess of 48000 people.

Of those both alcohol and smoking are contributing factors.
Crave
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1791
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 09:26:52

Hmmmmm - more than Carona - go figure - just saying
UnlikelySuspect
UnlikelySuspect - Re: At what level?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 897
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 09:27:11
Edited: 2020-05-26 09:27:40

All those deaths per day?

Hell they make corona look like a pipsqueak with 481 deaths after 8.5 weeks.
semensquirter
semensquirter - Re: At what level?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 6481
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 09:32:41

Tea sales have increased considerably.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.