elvand4r
elvand4r - Re: At what level?
Re: At what level?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 397
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-25 15:09:18

On 2020-05-25 09:22:15 Sabrina @ Be-sensual said:
Do you guys honestly still buy into the 'fact' that Corona is such a huge threat? There are so many other contagious diseases that people are dying from on a much larger scale, not to mention the (give or take) 60 murders that take place in this country on a daily basis. Yet you used to leave your house and go out with that very real danger staring you in the face. I'm not being funny, I just don't get why people are still panicking when it's so obvious that the government is riding this 'pandemic wave' for their own gain. Just look at our lovely 'Health Minister' for a prime example.

IF it was not such a mission to get to PTA in this whole lockdown state, Sabrina I would be visiting you right now... I love the way you think...
Sabrina @ Be-sensual
Sabrina @ Be-sensual - Re: At what level?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 62
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-05-25 15:39:13

On 2020-05-25 15:09:18 elvand4r said:
On 2020-05-25 09:22:15 Sabrina @ Be-sensual said: Do you guys honestly still buy into the 'fact' that Corona is such a huge threat? There are so many other contagious diseases that people are dying from on a much larger scale, not to mention the (give or take) 60 murders that take place in this country on a daily basis. Yet you used to leave your house and go out with that very real danger staring you in the face. I'm not being funny, I just don't get why people are still panicking when it's so obvious that the government is riding this 'pandemic wave' for their own gain. Just look at our lovely 'Health Minister' for a prime example.

IF it was not such a mission to get to PTA in this whole lockdown state, Sabrina I would be visiting you right now... I love the way you think...

Thank you, so do I! Ha ha ha! I don't get why people are believing everything the government is saying, did I miss something? Have they been absolved of their previous lies upon lies upon lies?
Johnny English
Johnny English - Re: At what level?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 525
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-25 16:24:54
Edited: 2020-05-25 16:41:39

The level depends on how serious you believe this virus is and/or at the level when the service provider cannot feed herself and her loved ones.
Those that are in a priviledged position to be able to sit at home, well fed, adequately paid or financed, tend to stay put and wait for the infamous Gates' vaccine. Those are the ones more likely to have a dig at those that can't afford to.
Keep your immune system intact and follow the health and cleanliness protocols and you should be ok.
Saw an apt pic with this guy popping his head out a cardboard box, giving the thumbs up, saying, "i lost my business, my house, my car and my pension but i didn't catch Covid-19" (which has a 99.7% survival rate).
Vrik
Vrik - Re: At what level?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 663
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-25 16:29:50

On 2020-05-25 14:59:49 Blades said:

What about the people who DO have those underlying conditions?

People should stop thinking just of themselves. Just because you are fit and strong and you don't think this virus can kill you, doesn't mean you can be careless. Those who are careless spread the virus to those that may die of it.

I myself have a family member that has emphysema. If she gets this virus, or one of many others, she will die..

I sympathize. But I don't think it is fair of you to expect me to not have a life because you cannot? You should keep indoors and stay away from danger. I know we live in a nanny state, but don't expect me to do stuff for you that you can do better for yourself.
undercoverpta
undercoverpta - Re: At what level?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1047
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-25 20:23:37

Ultimately it appears that it is the individual hormone level of punters that will determine when they will return and economics which determines when SPs go back.
snoopie
snoopie - Re: At what level?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 51
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-25 22:57:45

346000+ people claimed by this virus world wide to date.

What's there to ponder about really?

We all have families out there that still depends on us,don't put your lives in danger as well as your family's over a quick punt.

Come on guys, we are better than this!

Stay safe, keep social distance.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: At what level?
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2020-05-25 23:10:12

On 2020-05-25 15:39:13 Sabrina @ Be-sensual said:
Thank you, so do I! Ha ha ha! I don't get why people are believing everything the government is saying, did I miss something? Have they been absolved of their previous lies upon lies upon lies?

What does a global [emphasis] pandemic have to do with "previous lies" by the South African government?
Johnny English
Johnny English - Re: At what level?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 526
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 07:20:23
Edited: 2020-05-26 07:30:50

On 2020-05-25 22:57:45 snoopie said:
346000+ people claimed by this virus world wide to date.
What's there to ponder about really?

Around 55 million people have died annually on average in the last few years, 50% of which were aged 70 years or older and 27% aged 50-69 (Heart disease accounts for around a third, while cancer accounts for around a fifth. Malaria accounted for around 600 000 deaths as did the flu.
The percentages of deaths by age are similar for the coronavirus.
The average death rate has barely moved upwards as a result of this "pandemic".
The different strains of flu that visit the world yearly are at their peak from around Jan/Feb. to April/May.
It is estimated that at least a third of the "little/average persons" (most of us), working an average job, or owning an average/small size business will lose just about everything as a result of lockdowns/house arrest and closure of business' and the economy (for the sake of the people?)
And who are the beneficiaries ? Do some research.
So while the sheep huddle up in fear in their homes, depriving themselves of sunlight, human interaction and income, stressing and weakening their bodies, minds and souls, the rulers dance and rejoice at how easy it has all been to take away your rights, possessions and minds.
Kooni
Kooni - Re: At what level?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1223
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 07:30:31

The seasonal Flu that we experience yearly are "late' or less severe this year. This reason for this is due Less social interaction because of the lock-down. Closing of our borders has also had an influence on the spread of the normal flu virus. That is partially why less people have died of the flu in the South Africa compared to the same time in previous years.

Kooni
Kooni - Re: At what level?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1224
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 07:35:43

On 2020-05-25 16:29:50 Vrik said:
On 2020-05-25 14:59:49 Blades said:
What about the people who DO have those underlying conditions?

People should stop thinking just of themselves. Just because you are fit and strong and you don't think this virus can kill you, doesn't mean you can be careless. Those who are careless spread the virus to those that may die of it.

I myself have a family member that has emphysema. If she gets this virus, or one of many others, she will die..

I sympathize. But I don't think it is fair of you to expect me to not have a life because you cannot? You should keep indoors and stay away from danger. I know we live in a nanny state, but don't expect me to do stuff for you that you can do better for yourself.

Just remember you will also get old one day. Then you would want people to be considerate of your situation. Do onto others what you want done unto you.

It is a very selfish attitude to not take our elders into consideration.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.