Re: Lost so much..any advice?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 7376
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-12-30 09:03:24
Edited: 2019-12-30 09:09:47

I agree with you.
True words my girl.

For every Action there an Equal and Opposite Reaction..or in this case consequence.

We should all live by the choices we make.
Right or wrong.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Lost so much..any advice?
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2019-12-30 09:05:23

After reading some of the comments..... what to do? Next time you have the 'urge' to gamble, put that money to good use...... give it to a childrens home or something. Heck.... pick a lady on ESA and just 'donate' it to her , expecting nothing in return! Do something good with that money that is 'burning' in your pocket.........

Bring change in someone else's life with the cash you wanna just 'flush down' the toilet so to speak......

Your conscience will be alot 'clearer' knowing you helped someone else or even a family who is in desperate need.....

Just my 2c......
Louise ( Miss Red)
Louise ( Miss Red) - Re: Lost so much..any advice?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1173
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-12-30 09:13:11

On 2019-12-30 09:00:50 Ms Paige said:
You know Meg... Therese ladies on here who offers free-bees so that the money can go to charity... (not talking about myself)... there are so many children without a home... without a little Christmas gift... without clothes... and this guy flush his money down the toilet...

It got nothing to do with envy people with wealth... it's just plain sad and unfair... I feel zero pity for him... now he want to ask the same platform for advice where these girls worked their asses off to give a little bit to the poor... :(((

@ms.Paige..

In all fairness not every one is of the same cloth and everyone does life different.

The people that did give time and money are incredible human beings. Some have a lot to give and others don't but they all found a way to make a difference.

It is sad that some has so much and waste it. And others don't have. But that is life.

Maybe this is a genuine cry for help from him. And maybe just maybe if he finds a minute to go read the Xmas thread it will shift his approach to his life.

I am not saying he must donate or could have. I am saying maybe by getting involved at places like AKCC will give him something to do that is meaningful with that spare time and keep him occupied and away from the addiction.

Ms Paige
Ms Paige - Re: Lost so much..any advice?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3792
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-12-30 09:20:51

Louise... I admire you for never loosing it, and for the way you handle situations... your always sooooo calm...
Curt
Curt - Re: Lost so much..any advice?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1807
View Profile
Posted: 2019-12-30 09:32:39

A few years ago I lost everything within a space of 2 months. Lost my biggest client worth millions, my house destroyed by a fire, losing everything even the irreplaceable photo's of my youth and family. Those items in life that can never be replaced. Prior to that I was drinking, partying, punting like crazy and just not giving a shit about money as I had in abundance.
When the money and good times are gone so do the FRIENDS go, the employees that you nurtured and taught from a young age jump ship, family become quite scared you ask for help.
Then once you have sunk to the bottom and realised you have to fight on all by yourself, then you start valuing life in a humbled way.
I have found happiness and piece in rebuilding slowly and humbly. I don't help and train others to benefit myself or my business, I spend my time on helping the aged and the disabled. Seeing an aged couple paying for R200 groceries out of their SASSA money and paying it for them instead makes for a great day. Most of my employees now are disabled persons that just seek a chance to show the world that being in a wheelchair doesn't mean you don't have a brilliant brain, being blind doesn't mean you cannot use your brain. Getting a senior citizen with a lifetime of experience and subject knowledge to consult for you is worth more than you can ever pay them.
What happened to you is probably a sign to sit back, reflect on what you are doing and change your ways.
loyal
loyal - Re: Lost so much..any advice?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1
View Profile
Posted: 2019-12-30 09:39:38

I know the feeling. Stopped about 4 years ago but once came into a large sum went back. Blew it. Easier said than done but keep busy with life's little treasures. Be with family, ban yourself from the Establishments. Seek help. I used to sit at my favorite Bookmaker from the first race.. Then hit the Big C.
Not a life my friend.
I could have punted 3times a day for years and all be happy.
Glad you let it out now you need that tools and support to STAY away.
Happy Punting.. And not that punt.
Louise ( Miss Red)
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1176
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-12-30 09:47:39

On 2019-12-30 09:32:39 Curt said:
A few years ago I lost everything within a space of 2 months. Lost my biggest client worth millions, my house destroyed by a fire, losing everything even the irreplaceable photo's of my youth and family. Those items in life that can never be replaced. Prior to that I was drinking, partying, punting like crazy and just not giving a shit about money as I had in abundance.
When the money and good times are gone so do the FRIENDS go, the employees that you nurtured and taught from a young age jump ship, family become quite scared you ask for help.
Then once you have sunk to the bottom and realised you have to fight on all by yourself, then you start valuing life in a humbled way.
I have found happiness and piece in rebuilding slowly and humbly. I don't help and train others to benefit myself or my business, I spend my time on helping the aged and the disabled. Seeing an aged couple paying for R200 groceries out of their SASSA money and paying it for them instead makes for a great day. Most of my employees now are disabled persons that just seek a chance to show the world that being in a wheelchair doesn't mean you don't have a brilliant brain, being blind doesn't mean you cannot use your brain. Getting a senior citizen with a lifetime of experience and subject knowledge to consult for you is worth more than you can ever pay them.
What happened to you is probably a sign to sit back, reflect on what you are doing and change your ways.

*out of the ashes rises a Phoenix, burring bright and beautiful*

Rock bottom is a very humbling place to be.. Hats off to u Curt.

loyal
loyal - Re: Lost so much..any advice?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 2
View Profile
Posted: 2019-12-30 09:50:54

Well spoken and clearly stated Curt.
Well done and if we can all just share and give a little.
Louise ( Miss Red)
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1177
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-12-30 09:55:20

On 2019-12-30 09:20:51 Ms Paige said:
Louise... I admire you for never loosing it, and for the way you handle situations... your always sooooo calm...

Xxx ms.Paige .. Thank you..

Live has taught me to pick ur battles if u want to win the war..;)

And I do loose it sometimes..;) Not pretty!
(Red hair temper stories ain't just stories) that's why I keep a very tight leach on myself!Hehehehe

I do not like that side of me at all and have managed to keep myself away from aggravations in my daily life.

Have one little thing still making my *bitch* switch hover on the border of tripping completely. But hopefully that also sorted soon in new year. ;)

Sylvia
Sylvia - Re: Lost so much..any advice?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 926
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-12-30 10:22:42

hats off to you kurt. you will be rewarded handsomely in one way or another. I wont use Gods space as i am a non believer now. have a good day.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.