Re: I need competition...
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 468
View Profile
Posted: 2019-12-16 08:07:57

On 2019-12-16 06:27:16 Ms Paige said:
Week 2... I only lost 0.8 kg...
:(((... Doesn't make me happy at all... I'm now standing on 81.3

Don't let this stop you, this time of year are not made for "diet". So to have lost some weight is great. Remember every little bit helps.
bloemphil
bloemphil - Re: I need competition...
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 54
View Profile
Posted: 2019-12-16 08:11:17

On 2019-12-16 06:27:16 Ms Paige said:
Week 2... I only lost 0.8 kg...
:(((... Doesn't make me happy at all... I'm now standing on 81.3

Well done! Going in the right direction.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: I need competition...
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2019-12-16 08:20:01

I've seen people TRANSFORM on the Banting diet - no sugar and carbs and eat good fats. With regards to carbs, ne careful some foods you dont even realise have carbs in them. Get onto one of the Facebook groups where people share tips and report back on progress. Here is a link to the list of banting food, Green is good, Orange ok, Red bad: www.google.com/url

If you combine Banting with exercise youll lose weight quickly.

[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2019-12-16 08:22:15

Ms Paige, I have an excellent book on banting and will share it with you if you are intetested. PM me.
Sassy Miss Monika
Sassy Miss Monika - Re: I need competition...
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1655
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-12-16 08:29:43

I'm signing myself up for this challenge. Ms Paige what say yee!!!!
Ms Paige
Ms Paige - Re: I need competition...
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3653
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-12-16 08:38:26
Edited: 2019-12-16 08:43:34

Thanks a million Kooni, bloemphil and Vegas... I really appreciate your support... Thank you Vegas... I downloaded the file... I'll defnitely have a look at it...

I'd like to know about the others who excepted the challenge... how are you all doing?
[deleted]
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2019-12-16 08:43:11

Ms paige, remember there is no substitute for exercise. Get on a low carb diet and do cardio few times a week. Running or cycling. Real results can be seen in 1 month. It's hard work but will pay off. Cut out all sweets and processed sugars.

Jose
Jose - Re: I need competition...
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 57
View Profile
Posted: 2019-12-16 08:44:12

@Ms Paige, I recommend that you look at a diet known as Keto. I've been on it since 1 October and standing on the scale now I have noted that I've lost just over 15kgs (still a ways to go though).

Remember in Keto you eat till you're full while watching your carbs, it's a lot like banting but a bit more strict on carb watching. Typically you want to keep your carbs to 20g or below each day (initially that's a lot easier said than done). There are numerous recipes for keto meals on the web so there's a low carb substitute for everything. Best part is that meat, poultry, fish/shellfish contain almost no carbs at all so you can eat as much as you want on those.

Good luck on your journey.
depends69
depends69 - Re: I need competition...
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 217
View Profile
Posted: 2019-12-16 08:53:08

Ms Paige,
I when from 110+ kg to 75kg during this year (2019).

3 things worked for me:
- all changes are lifestyle changes, be it different eating habits or exercise. To lose and sustain a particular body weigh or shape means a long term change to your lifestyle. If you are committed then change your lifestyle.
- Set reasonable goals. Be kind and gentle on yourself and your body. Understand that staving is not a solution. So set a weekly target of the amount of weight you'd like to lose/ exercise to do. Measure this everyday and see what works for you.
- Journal. Write down your feels, thoughts and goals. Record your successes and failures. Record your food consumption and exercise. Then review these weekly or monthly. You'll learn alot about yourself and your body.

Good luck and enjoy your journey.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.