grader
grader - Investment to cover punting budget
Investment to cover punting budget
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 20
View Profile
Posted: 2019-05-02 23:39:12

Hi everyone,

Wanted to share my thoughts and get some thoughts as well.

Been punting for almost 15 years now and based on monthly average I reckon I've spent almost R400k in total to date.

So I've been thinking if there is any legit, hands off, discreet investment ideas out there to cover the punting. I am thinking of investing about R300k that can return about R30k per annum. If I can get that punting sorted and happy days.

Any comments, thoughts, ideas and humour welcome.
Panty_Dropper
Panty_Dropper - Re: Investment to cover punting budget
Re: Investment to cover punting budget
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 328
View Profile
Posted: 2019-05-03 00:45:58

So lets see if I understand__ you've been punting for 15 years. During this time not made any suggestions or reviews on the forum about any good or bad experiences you may have had to help out your fellow punters. Now you want thoughts, ideas. See where I'm going with this, lol
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Investment to cover punting budget
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2019-05-03 02:56:43

On 2019-05-03 00:45:58 Panty_Dropper said:
So lets see if I understand__ you've been punting for 15 years. During this time not made any suggestions or reviews on the forum about any good or bad experiences you may have had to help out your fellow punters. Now you want thoughts, ideas. See where I'm going with this, lol

Hahaha
grader
grader - Re: Investment to cover punting budget
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 21
View Profile
Posted: 2019-05-03 06:46:07

On 2019-05-03 00:45:58 Panty_Dropper said:

Very funny, get your facts right though before dropping your panty.

I don't use reviews to decide on the ladies and only in extremely bad experiences have I enlightened the punters as I also feel everyone's experiences might be different.

Your contribution in this case is exactly the example of why I am quiet on the forum. If I don't have anything useful to say I'd prefer to keep it zipped
JustMike
JustMike - Re: Investment to cover punting budget
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 703
View Profile
Posted: 2019-05-03 06:49:28

oooooooooh where's the popcorn
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Investment to cover punting budget
Less than 40 posts
Posted: 2019-05-03 06:54:16

sorry Grader, but i need to be with Panty on this. not because i doubt your right not to comment, but because i think it bad form to only use a forum to complain (warn in your words) but not to take the time to compliment as well.
we are indeed the ones on the cash side, but the ladies indeed have skin in the game so least we can do is respect them and one way of doing that is to express appreciation.

not looking for a long forum debate, just sharing my view and to use the opportunity to salute the ladies
Massage By Yvonne
Massage By Yvonne - Re: Investment to cover punting budget
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 617
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-05-03 06:56:28

On 2019-05-03 06:49:28 JustMike said:
oooooooooh where's the popcorn

Popcorn at 7am? Someone woke up feeling peckish! Lol
grader
grader - Re: Investment to cover punting budget
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 22
View Profile
Posted: 2019-05-03 07:04:13

On 2019-05-03 06:54:16 ystervark said:
sorry Grader, but i need to be with Panty on this. not because i doubt your right not to comment, but because i think it bad form to only use a forum to complain (warn in your words) but not to take the time to compliment as well.
we are indeed the ones on the cash side, but the ladies indeed have skin in the game so least we can do is respect them and one way of doing that is to express appreciation.

not looking for a long forum debate, just sharing my view and to use the opportunity to salute the ladies

Fair enough, everyone entitled to their own. I don't feel I need to justify why I choose to be generally quiet. The question here is my activity level on the forum the subject matter???
SilverWolf
SilverWolf - Re: Investment to cover punting budget
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 755
View Profile
Posted: 2019-05-03 08:02:49

Hi Grader,

Nice to meet you? Look, you have every right to be a member and NOT use the forum. 90% of the WG's don't use the forum either. I think the issue some are raising is that you have spent so much money on WG's from ESA, yet do not reciprocate with the 'learnings' from your investments, lol. Anyway, that's ALSO your prerogative, so carry on...

As for your original question... it's a smart move. If you have 'lost' R400k in the past 15 years, then investing R300k once off for a return which covers your punting costs, is actually pretty clever. If you can get a good interest rate from any bank or investment company, then you should definitely proceed. If I had the capital, I'd probably do the same.

Let us know if you find a decent one. ;)
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: Investment to cover punting budget
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 5127
View Profile
Posted: 2019-05-03 08:24:20

On R300k you will be able to get 8.5%pa for sure on money market account.
So R2125 pm can maybe get you 3 punts per month.
Unit trusts unlikely to perform well due to political shit happening here and overseas.

But your R300k will be worth less every year due to inflation.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.