Navigation
[deleted]
[deleted] - Being scammed
Being scammed
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2020-11-30 06:35:04
Edited: 2020-11-30 07:16:11

I saw a thread this morning about a guy being scammed and every now and then a thread about this pops up. It boils my blood because I've been the victim of this as well which I will share below. I cannot name and shame because most of these girls' profiles but for one are not active anymore. This is a real issue in this industry and perhaps by sharing these stories other guys can learn from our mistakes. Its easy to fall into this trap because we are all aware of the challenges everyone has had this year and a lot of us genuinely wanted to step up and help. But I and others were taken for a ride. I now only have one policy and it is that no matter who you are I won't lend you a cent.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Being scammed
Re: Being scammed
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2020-11-30 06:41:57

So to each and every one of the ladies who have borrowed money from someone who helped you out of the goodness of their heart, and not repaid it, I want to ask you, yes YOU, have you no shame? What kind of a person are you, have you no morals, even feel a tinge of guilt or remorse? This is a rhetorical question by the way. You are disgusting. You are no better than fraudsters, thiefs and the crooks in government that steal our tax money and quite honestly belong in jail.
Lucky Jumper
Lucky Jumper - Re: Being scammed
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 139
View Profile
Posted: 2020-11-30 06:51:03

Why Rhaegal! Did you think men also get hurt? Surely we are indestructable, are we not?
Michelle Savaty @ Pablos
Michelle Savaty @ Pablos - Re: Being scammed
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 240
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-11-30 06:52:59

Im sorry. Why do you borrow sp money in the first place.

Im not coming up for any of the ladies. But if you are so stupid to borrow your money out to a sp. Its your own story.

Just one question before I go?

Why do banks and rental company's not give sp loans or rental contracts?

Not because of what we're doing is illigal.

Its because we dont have a steady income. And all of the rest of the finacial and credit act T's and C's that goes with it....

Just something to think about.

And im sure somewhere it clearly does state that you shouldn't do that.

Lucky Jumper
Lucky Jumper - Re: Being scammed
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 140
View Profile
Posted: 2020-11-30 07:04:00

He did that because he is a stupid fools who likes to help people.
Shame on him. How could he?!

Nobody knows it better than he does. But deep down he gives a fuck, so he will probably do it again.

[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2020-11-30 07:06:24

Here are examples of how I've been scammed.

I helped a single mother who lives with her son was paying exorbitant daily rates at the hotels she was working from and also had to rent a place for her and her son which she couldn't work from. This lady was drowning. To get a permanent apartment to work from would have saved her thousands. I knew her for quite some time, never met her son, but have a soft spot for kids. I helped her with deposit and rent for a permanent work place. She made some repayments and then I got blocked.

I provided accommodation to someone over the hard lock down who was kicked out of her place. She was willing to pay rental but I said to her not to stress about it, a minimal contribution towards water and electricity is fine. She ate my food without asking, was apparently a sleep walker at night who would drank my alcohol in the middle of the night and of course never gave me a cent for the month she stayed there. I also gave the same lady an old laptop of mine which she also said she'll give me something for. Didn't get a cent. The other day I received a message for a cash loan. Needless to say I didn't respond.

I lent another lady money since she couldn't work over the lockdown. This one was a bit more smart, she repaid some of it and said that she reached her bank limit of transfer and will rather give me the rest in cash when she sees me. Guess what, I never saw the rest of the money.

Another one had some bills due end of the month and I gave her some money so that her debit orders could go off. Which she showed me it did. I managed to get half out of her so far. She's always busy or at an outbooking at the times we have arranged for me to come, even if her profile shows available on ESA, she's apparently at an all nighter not at her house. Apparently I'm getting the rest soon. Not holding my breath.

Anyway I'm done helping ladles and I feel sorry for the ones that are truly honest and appreciative of help. Because of these other ladies, guys will not help you regardless of what.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2020-11-30 07:14:40
Edited: 2020-11-30 07:15:44

On 2020-11-30 06:52:59 Michelle Savaty @ Pablos said:

Im not coming up for any of the ladies. But if you are so stupid to borrow your money out to a sp. Its your own story.

Its because we dont have a steady income. And all of the rest of the finacial and credit act T's and C's that goes with it....

I'm not looking for sympathy or anything. And like you say, banks DONT help wg's so their options are limited. Its not about lack of steady income. If your income is low, fine, talk to the person, that's the correct thing to do and make alternative arrangements. Not having a steady income doesn't justify being a crook.

Crucify me all you want. I honestly don't care. Whatever help I gave I don't regret, it was my choice and I live by it. Someone had a place to stay, a boy's mother could provide for him, someone could buy food for a few more weeks. However, going forward I will not help wg's again, that's also my choice.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2020-11-30 07:32:09

A word of advice, just mention to the wg that in return of "x" amount of moneys you want "x" amount of services and you will notice how not desperate for money some of these scam artists are not.

And if you do agree, pay out in increments. Never give all the cash upfront...it will end in tears.

Unfortunately many will try and take advantage of "nice guys".
Sage
Sage - Re: Being scammed
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2191
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-11-30 07:34:21

Having a kind nature is no fault
Oh my word!

As in every sector of life some loans are honoured some not.

[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2020-11-30 07:41:29
Edited: 2020-11-30 07:53:15

And another thing Michelle that shows your argument about lack of a steady income has nothing to do with honesty. I use a service called SweepSouth for my house to be cleaned its like Uber for cleaning ladies if you don't know what it is. You pick a day you want your house to be cleaned and they send a lady of your choice. They wait for appointments from the app and have no steady income. Those people earn less in a month that you can make on a good day. Over hard lockdown they were not allowed to work and I helped one of the ladies out. When she was back on her feet she came to give me the money. I gave it to her not as a loan yet she wanted to repay the money. Of course I declined it because she can't really afford to pay me back and I never intended it as a loan,she must have misunderstood. That's called integrity. Has nothing to do with lack of steady income.

It seems I've hit a nerve with you?

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.