Navigation
Green01
Green01 - Re: Cops blackmail
Re: Cops blackmail
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 12
View Profile
Posted: 2020-11-20 10:38:28

I got the call from "Central" yesterday. Police scanner noises in the background. Claims a girl had been arrested and following up on where she got money from. He says she gave my name and number. I had done some enquiries about rates but have not visited anyone. So I laughed it off. This morning an "Afrikaans" woman sent me a FaceBook friend request. I could see all her friends were from Sierra Leone so blocked "her". I wonder if it's related to the call I got. People have tried to blackmail me before on FB with threats to send pictures to all my FB friends. But whatever, somehow these scammers are getting numbers from WGs and it's going to scare potential customers away from these sites.
petermnbvcxz
petermnbvcxz - Re: Cops blackmail
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 192
View Profile
Posted: 2020-11-20 10:53:09

Get yourself a punting phone ,SIM cards are freely available, then all this scam will stop
Lucky Jumper
Lucky Jumper - Re: Cops blackmail
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 120
View Profile
Posted: 2020-11-20 11:21:53

On 2020-11-20 10:38:28 Green01 said:
I got the call from "Central" yesterday. Police scanner noises in the background. Claims a girl had been arrested and following up on where she got money from. He says she gave my name and number. I had done some enquiries about rates but have not visited anyone. So I laughed it off. This morning an "Afrikaans" woman sent me a FaceBook friend request. I could see all her friends were from Sierra Leone so blocked "her". I wonder if it's related to the call I got. People have tried to blackmail me before on FB with threats to send pictures to all my FB friends. But whatever, somehow these scammers are getting numbers from WGs and it's going to scare potential customers away from these sites.

Well handled! You dont sound green to me at all :)
shaungovender
shaungovender - Re: Cops blackmail
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 109
View Profile
Posted: 2020-11-20 12:54:45

The best appointment you can make with a new WG is completely through the inbox system, it takes a while but it's worth it

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.