View Profile  
Posted: 2020-07-10 18:41:32

please give me correct info on travelling to another province. thank you S
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: travelling
Re: travelling
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2020-07-11 07:39:56

You can travel aslong as it's for work I have done two trips now 1 to Durban 1 to Thabazimbi and traveling Monday to upington. Haven't had a problem as yet
peterb
peterb - Re: travelling
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 253
View Profile
Posted: 2020-07-11 07:56:03

Have permits, no problems

Use the permits on a Sunday with your family in the car going to Harties and they stop you at the end of the R511 (usual road block), then the problems start...

Masks, more than 3 people in the car, cigarettes (please show me a receipt of when and where you bought them) etc. etc.

Happened to a staff member
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: travelling
Less than 5 posts
Posted: 2020-07-11 10:30:56

Traveling is easy. Just stay off the national roads and take the back roads. Then you can go to any province.
Sylvia
Sylvia - Re: travelling
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1412
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-07-11 11:06:51

oh please tell me then where is there a "back road" to durban. duh. I dont think there is any!!! I am not taking the chance after reading peters reply. buggar that. You guys that have been travelling here there and everywhere have been bloody lucky is all i can say with that. I wanted to go to alady just near harte way past lanseria and someone said you are venturing into the north west so dont go. Big brother watching you. so thats another trip banished. When oh When is it all going to end!!!! We surely are now living in another world. S
john_adams
john_adams - Re: travelling
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 400
View Profile
Posted: 2020-07-11 14:18:31

duh Sylvia there are actually several different back-roads to Durban
Sylvia
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1418
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-07-11 20:10:26

probably with craters too. no thanks i like my car too much. lol. bit dicey too on back roads, one never knows what one may come across and too quite ie hijacking or worse. ta anyway S
Sylvia
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1419
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-07-11 20:10:36

probably with craters too. no thanks i like my car too much. lol. bit dicey too on back roads, one never knows what one may come across and too quite ie hijacking or worse. ta anyway S
Laura
Laura - Re: travelling
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 14
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-07-12 09:39:05

You can travel using a permit or with when using public transport they use back roads,,l jusst travelled from Joburg to Rustenburg on Fidray
Sylvia
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1428
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-07-13 00:56:42

what do you tell cops when you go travelling? going for work at a company? dont they want to see letter from company for you to travel other provinces. its very dicey. did big road block just down road from me today and looking for cigaretts and need a receipt to show them where you bought them its become a joke here with all their rules and regs. now level 4 we aint gonna permits anytime soon now unless funeral.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.