Navigation
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: RMB Winex
Re: RMB Winex
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2017-10-18 18:15:35

Jaykay

Haven't done the whiskey thing yet. Probably not cultured enough. Refer to myself as a volume player.

Kindly let me know when the whiskey tasting is on ?

One should at least try and learn

[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2017-10-18 18:20:17
Edited: 2017-10-18 18:41:10

There is a reason why this is called : The nectar of the gods.

Had a goddess that joined me last year at the Winex. Forgot to taste, was just following her around looking at that beautiful ass. And drinking too much. Discovered a wine called "Pandora" which was a revelation.

Had to go back again.

[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2017-10-18 18:51:05

INL - It's 8-10 November at Sandton. I also heard they have opened it up to premium spirits this year so there may be something other than whisky for you to imbibe.

I also have seen a goddess or two from this purple world grace the halls during a whisky festival previously. Way too much for these whisky sodden eyes at the time.

BTW - am pleased to see you hadn't shuffled off this mortal coil. I would miss the laughing and head shaking and tut-tutting that usually follows reading of some of your posts. Especially when eating my muesli in the early hours. Cheers!!

PS Maybe you can convince Uncle Ben to be your DD for the evening or perhaps your wingman bwahahahaha
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2017-10-18 18:59:37
Edited: 2017-10-18 19:01:12

Jaykay

I am trying to learn. As oppose to my name. Those late night sojourns into the realms of my own dark mind sometimes left me wincing in the cold light of dawn, never mind hiding from the forum.

As these late night compositions were (you will notice I am using the past tense here), usually coupled hand in hand with the consumption of copious litres of the nectar, the reasoning was not always clear behind the compositions, also fuelled sometimes by utter frustration and loneliness and the fringes of depression ?

But then again, as the two ladies that anointed me : I never learn, reasoned : you don't learn, you just carry on.

So look forward to that late night journey into the emptiness that is my head. It will be a good one, I am frustrated beyond reason. So it will come like a tsunami.

Regards

PS : Ben won't come. A troth is serious.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2017-10-20 17:46:02

As it seems that there are a few people from this purple planet going to Winex, please let me explain the etiquette regarding wine tasting.

There are usually a crowd in front of the most popular winefarms, so when you get to the front, ask which wine you would like to tsate, get your wine and move along.

DO NOT stand there drinking that glass and then ask for the next one. That is simply unacceptable.

There is a system in place. Please adhere to this. My frustration levels are high already, so if I see a mofo standing there not moving I shall be forced to mess something on his/her clothes, which usually is a good way of removing them from the scene. I give them the dirty eye as well, so next time they see me, they move along.

Cheers'
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2017-10-24 10:41:43
Edited: 2017-10-24 10:42:21

Just a titbit of info for those attending Winex.

As you enter, look for the Riedel stand. You can hire a glass from them for the evening, at R 100-00.

Two positives :
1.) The bottom of the glass is wider than the one they give you at the door, so the farms put a little more in your glass.
2.) The winemaker will think that you are a wine snob, and put more wine in your glass.

And at the end of the night, because you are slightly inebriated, you take the glass home. This glass would ordinarily cost you R 300-00 plus.

Feel bad for a day that you "forgot" to return the glass and then enjoy drinking wine from your Riedel glass : Like A Boss...

Cheers

[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2017-10-28 07:06:15

To my lovely and radiant companion , Plan X, without you the evening would have been dull.

Thanks babes.

You always amaze me.

XXX

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.