Navigation
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Mortality
Re: Mortality
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2017-10-18 12:38:52

Hi Sibyl

Words of wisdom. We can only strive to do the best we can every day.

Thanks for the wishes. I appreciate it.

Regards
Arizona
Arizona - Re: Mortality
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 796
  View Profile  
Posted: 2017-10-18 12:52:26

Dear INL,

Hope you are feeling better and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Mwah

Arz
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2017-10-18 12:56:41

Hi Arz

Thanks, a little better every day. Just can't laugh, and laughter is the best medicine.

Regards
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2017-10-18 14:02:19

Just kissing (with the right lady) would unfortunately not work for me. Just gets the juices flowing. My two cents worth.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2017-10-18 18:06:31

Gent

Must be the "right lady"

I am practising self control so I should be fine.

Racking my brains now to think who is the best kisser of them all.

And as long as I am lying down, all should be well.

[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2017-10-21 14:44:30

And just when you think all is settled and hunky dory again, one of my employees are shot to death last night. Stopped next to the road as his vehicle was giving trouble, and shot right there.

Being tested now I am.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2017-10-21 21:39:18
Edited: 2017-10-21 21:41:33

Venus
Venus - Re: Mortality
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 156
  View Profile  
Posted: 2017-10-21 22:22:16

Oh wow INL :( So sorry for the loss and condolences to their family.

Trust you are feeling much better already xxx

Yes we get tested everyday but we need to still look forward to and appreciate each and everyday as its a gift.

I was also tested over the weekend but I was gifted just like yourself to still be able to look forward to yet another mesmerising sun rise and the feeling of rain on my skin...

Stay strong and keep being the amazing person you are ...

Lots of love ...

Me xxx
Arhwen
Arhwen - Re: Mortality
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 4460
  View Profile  
Posted: 2017-10-21 22:31:56

Stay strong and don't perceive it as a test perceive it as a time of personal growth.

Stay positive something tells me you not built to break Mr Buck ;)
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2017-10-22 09:12:43

Restless night. The events of the previous day only coming as an aftershock, and as I rolled and twisted I am agonising about some decisions that I made. Eventually at 3 am I popped a pill and drifted off.

We always hear about the bad things that happen, but somehow we insulate ourselves by saying that it happened with someone else, that we are fine. When it happens right at your doorstep, that insulation is cut away and you are exposed to the horrors that pervade our life on a daily basis.

My emplyee that was shot and killed during a robbery was one of those people that I kept close to me, in my inner circle of friends. He was never my employee, he was one of the trusted. Always smiling, always ready to do the impossible that I expect, never compromising on anything as we are dealing with other people's lives.

He left for home shortly after 6 on Friday, a quiet weekend as work has dried up once more. His bakkie blew a turbo, and he stopped to see what he could do. His girlfriend with him.

They were attacked by a pack of rabid wild dogs in the form of three black men (eyewitness account) who hit his defenceless girlfriend with knopkieries and shot my employee in the stomach. Just a another car stopping saved her from the same fate or worse.

Barbaric, animal like, rabid, hunting, destroying, killing, maiming. This is the basic instinct of these three animals.

Two things hit me yesterday that kept playing over and over in my head last night.

One : His girlfriend's incoherent speaking, her gaze of total emptiness, drugged to keep her sanity, whatever is left of it.

Two : His father, a mountain of a man, stumbling to his chair, shaking uncontrollably, tears rolling down his cheeks, whispering : A father should not bury his son. It should be the other way round. Broken.

Tears kept coming as you try to make sense of what happened. The shock of it only hitting me last night. Functioning and joking the whole day until that realisation hit you that he is never coming back. Your coping mechanisms not up to withstanding this.

I think back at my own father's death many years ago, the carefully written eulogy abandoned giving way to one agonizing question: Why , why God do you allow this to happen ?

I am asking that question again. Why are you allowing something so horrific to happen to good people. My faith severely tested, once again.

Rest in peace my friend.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.