Navigation
lts001
lts001 - Re: Timeshare?
Re: Timeshare?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 228
View Profile
Posted: 2017-06-27 10:56:26

Best advice - buy the timeshare or points secondhand.

They are then dirt cheap (up to 50% to 70% cheaper than the sales person), and then its worth your while.
Se_kaas
Se_kaas - Re: Timeshare?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 220
View Profile
Posted: 2017-06-27 11:12:05

On 2017-06-27 10:37:28 Doubleslappedass said:
Ps don't listen to timeshare salesman they are on par with the other human shit like 2nd hand car salesman and lawyers...

True that boss. Many many years ago when I just started working one of these tiefs called me stating I "won a prize" and just need to come listen to a presentation in Randburg and even stand a chance to win a car. So off I went to listen to the salesman trying his utmost best to get me to buy into the scheme. My response was simply: "Bra, look at me. I'm charou. I've got family and connections all over the world so don't need to stay in a hotel"

Interesting was when this ou tried to get me interested in offering a 50% discount, lol.
Oh, and I "won" a kak voucher for some shit place in the bundus.

@its001, had no idea one can buy that shit second-hand. What I hated about it is that it's s lifetime commitment with no exit clause and one had to try sell to another sucker
bbw4me
bbw4me - Re: Timeshare?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 357
View Profile
Posted: 2017-06-27 11:34:48

Don't even if you get it for free. Your annual levies just keep on going up and up. I have a kak week and for the life of me can't cancel it or even give it away.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Timeshare?
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2017-06-27 12:05:36

It's not an investment unless you make a return on it. Some people do rent out their time at a profit or manage to sell at a profit eventually. On balance its a risky "investment" which most people regret. One should rather see it as a lifestyle decision. Your primary house and car are also lifestyle decisions not investments.
k.j.
k.j. - Re: Timeshare?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 150
View Profile
Posted: 2017-06-27 13:23:11

I put mine at Dikhololo Resort up for sale some time ago. Non-peak, 1 week in a 6 sleeper and another week in an 8 sleeper free standing house. Not even a single offer was ever received.
I did enjoy the place while the kids were still small. Now I simply don't have the time to use it. Renting out does cover the annual levies, so I guess I just hang in there.
Should anyone be interested, PM me.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.