Navigation
GreyKnight
GreyKnight - Re: Did I matter?
Re: Did I matter?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1945
View Profile
Posted: 2018-08-02 10:10:29

Great post by Sibyl. I totally agree with all 3 paragraphs.

I don't care about being remembered at all. Having no regrets however is not so easy as sometimes circumstances forces us in directions we didn't want to go. Things happen beyond our control.

Best is to put those behind you and move on. Once you make peace with yourself life is much easier and a lot more fun. We can be our own worst enemies you know...
jjsoap
jjsoap - Re: Did I matter?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1060
View Profile
Posted: 2018-08-02 19:30:06

Sir GK

I have to agree with you, we are our own worst enimies, the engineers of own sh.t.

It is not our decision if we are to be remembered for a day, a month a year or a lifetime. So control what you can. What matters is the here and now.
Minime V10.1
Minime V10.1 - Re: Did I matter?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 95
View Profile
Posted: 2018-08-11 21:49:14

I think my fear is not so much being remembered by others. Maybe it is more about me......looking back at my life in that last moments. Im shit scared of looking back and seeing nothing, or maybe just seeing/having regrets for not living....for only existing.....for not being visible in my own life?

This is just difficult to put into words...but thanks for everybody reading and trying to understand.

Mini
jjsoap
jjsoap - Re: Did I matter?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1137
View Profile
Posted: 2018-08-13 13:17:23

On 2018-08-11 21:49:14 Minime V10.1 said:
I think my fear is not so much being remembered by others. Maybe it is more about me......looking back at my life in that last moments. Im shit scared of looking back and seeing nothing, or maybe just seeing/having regrets for not living....for only existing.....for not being visible in my own life?

This is just difficult to put into words...but thanks for everybody reading and trying to understand.

Mini

Mini

I agree, nobody wants to be a bystander in his own life story. We should be the main character. The play should be about us.

[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Did I matter?
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2018-08-15 21:56:44

Protagonists of our own life story we are. The script written and directed by ourselves. Wake up each morning and add new and exiting page to each day. Be done with the mundane. Do something epic every day
Minime V10.1
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 117
View Profile
Posted: 2018-08-16 00:45:17

Thank you jjsoap and Yoda 1 Sirs....for reading thru my message and the advise. Just shaking my head at myself sometimes. The answers (and right things to do) is so obvious and easy to see. Not sure why I struggle so much with this. But........still here....working on this....time isnt standing still.
[deleted]
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2018-08-16 08:00:39

Write that new page today. Masters of our own destiny we are.
Minime V10.1
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1474
View Profile
Posted: 2019-05-21 04:50:11

4 Sessions and the "Higher dose" later and nothing has changed. Maybe going backwards ..I donno. Still not living. But doing my best fake "Being positive" and shit.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2019-05-21 05:50:57

Hey Mini.

How would you like to live?
Arhwen
Arhwen - Re: Did I matter?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 8186
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-05-23 08:18:41

I haven't read the thread but to answer the question. You always matter. Someone might not see or acknowledge your value but you will always be the world to someone else.

What matters not if others value us we need to love and value ourselves in order to know we matter.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.