Navigation
[deleted]
[deleted] - The Reasons why Winter is Coming
The Reasons why Winter is Coming
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-08-25 13:11:18

There are a few reasons that are currently contributing to the fact that disposable income will take a major knock in the next few weeks, leaving punters without the extra disposable funds to punt and the knock-on effect of less punting translating into less income for the ladies.

Point 1 : The election results
You can only rule if you hold the elective power in your hand. If that power is absolute, then you can pretty much do exactly what you want to do. Opposition parties can moan and groan and run to the courts, but while they are prosecuting one scheme, fifty others have been executed, bribes and backhands paid. Swept under the rug.

Zuma thought that the ANC would rule till Jeus comes. Never saw the day that his party's popularity would fall to such a level that opposition parties could wrest the power away from them. This is now a stark reality for them. And the one person to blame is Zuma. Standing at the airport looking at a massive poster of Zuma hanging there, I am struck by the look of "nothingness" staring back.

He is in power still just because of one factor, and that is the fact that the top echelon in th ANC all are beholden to him. His footsoldiers. His layer of protection against all changes. Insulated against party candidates that might topple him.

His "Jesus" remark now came back to bite him. He is the laughing stock of all and sundry. He will forever be known as the man that lost the ANC.

He is now a wounded lion, very dangerous, impulsive, and out to punish everyone and anyone.

Point 2 : Junk Bond Status
We are hovering on the brink of junk bond status. But what does it mean exactly ? Once our economy gets junk bond status ratings from the International Ratings companies, most if not all fund managers invested in SA MUST withdraw their investments. The JSE will dip dramatically with so much money leaving the JSE. Major capital outflows will take place.

To think for one second that this monies will be replaced by others is simply ludicrous. Private investment will follow immediately after that, with multi national companies stopping proposed investments, as SA is now a junk bond country. Risk is too high. Job creation will drop, and the economy will go into recession, which is defined as negative growth for three consecutive quarters.

Point 3 : Pravin
The Hawks are continuing their witchhunt for Pravin. He is the sole reason why SA has not been classified as junk bond. The Hawks work for Zuma. He wants Pravin gone. Why ? Because Pravin has a wide audience, wider than Zuma, and the international community has faith in him, He is prepared to do the uncomfortable things to ensure the economic survival of the country.

He must report again to the Hawks to be warned that the Hawks are investigating him. The rand immediately fell on rumours of this against the major currencies. What will happen if, heaven forbid, the Hawks actually arrest him ? Let me tell you : The rand will go into freefall.

Point 4 : Zuma
His forced retirement will happen in two years time. But until then he must provide for his future. It was going very well when the Guptas were still operating unhindered in SA. It was and still is a toxic relationship, robbing SA of billions and depositing it onto the retirement coffers of Zuma and the Guptas.

The banks took a stance and froze their accounts. I bet that Pravin had a hand in it. It prompted investigations, and the Guptas fled the country.

Do not for one moment think that they are not exerting influence over the ANC from Dubai. They still have a listed company here as well as billions in investments, and they want their monies. They are being blocked by Pravin, so the timiong of getting him out of the way is now paramount.

In short, Zuma needs to get rid of Pravin so that the Guptas can resume their raping of SA. And the Guptas incentivise Zuma with his promised pension plan.

Point 5 : SAA
Our national carrier. Operating well years ago. Until the ANC saw the flow of monies through this parastatal. How to control it ? Easy, put your girlfriend there to run it. She knows nothing, other than to fuck Jacob. Running a business, being the chairman of the Board, hopeless. No wonder that SAA is in this shit. She is simply incompetent. Maybe a good fuck, ....

Signing deals that they cannot ever hope to honour. But getting the billions in backhands from the deals.

Sponsoring the Masters year end tennis event in London ? How many milions was that ? The world's best of the best ? That must have been horrificly expensive. For what ? To get tickets to go and watch tennis...

SAA is technically insolvent. The 5 billion Government guarantee almost exhausted, and now with the Competitions Board slapping a fine on them in favour of Nationwide, and Comair next in line, that guarantee is gone.

They will need a new one. Why can't they get it ? No statements. Pravin stopping this. He wants competent people running SAA. We are paying for it, with NO hope of ever getting a return on that. Inflated salary bills, the laughing stock of the world. Nico Bezuidenhout just leaving, couldn't take it any more.

So these points on their own are all serious problems. But putting them all together, creating that perfect storm ? This is happening now.

Here is what will happen :
1.) Pravin will be warned.
2.) The rand will nosedive.
3.) Fitch and the others will award SA junk bond status
4.) Fund managers are forced to withdraw investments
5.) The JSE will dip dramatically
6.) Multi nationals will stop investing
7.) SA economy will go into recession
8.) The rand continues to nosedive.

What is the effect of the above on you and me.

1.) Fuel will become prohibitively expensive.
2.) The interest rate will increase. (I did not discuss this, but the only way that the Rand's slide can be halted would be to lift the interest rate).
3.) House owners will start defaulting.
4.) The housing bubble will burst, knocking billions off the values of houses.
5.) Less disposable income in your pocket.

And finally, to tie this to this industry, less punters. Less income.

I predicted winter is coming two years ago. It is busy happening now. Cover yourself, it will be bitter.

Cheers

Mujahid001
Mujahid001 - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2095
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-25 13:13:47

Will not affect this business.

Like Nadia (i think) once said, "'n man het altyd geld vir p0es en dop"
pantum
pantum - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 436
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-25 13:21:56

Spending time to read all this will be in a result loosing my sex drive looking for a WG to go punt !
samdidtwo
samdidtwo - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 2064
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-25 13:35:24

And here i thought "winter is coming" because Jon Snow is still alive.
Mujahid001
Mujahid001 - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2096
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-25 13:45:33

On 2016-08-25 13:35:24 samdidtwo said:
And here i thought "winter is coming" because Jon Snow is still alive.

How did you like that Red Woman reveal? I skrikked myself in my moer when she took off the necklace to reveal an old crone!

Cant wait for Season 7 boss.
samdidtwo
samdidtwo - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 2065
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-25 13:48:19

On 2016-08-25 13:45:33 Mujahid001 said:
On 2016-08-25 13:35:24 samdidtwo said: And here i thought "winter is coming" because Jon Snow is still alive.

How did you like that Red Woman reveal? I skrikked myself in my moer when she took off the necklace to reveal an old crone!

Lol...if she keeps the necklace on i will fuck her till Summer arrives.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-08-25 13:53:46

On 2016-08-25 13:45:33 Mujahid001 said:

Can't wait either...

Ironically,what pieterd002 has mentioned in his post...can be summed up in that scene from GOT...
Blaza
Blaza - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 25
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-25 13:55:26

"It's hard to make predictions, especially about the future" Yogi Bera

I remember that the rand was predicted to be sitting at 20 against the dollar at this time and currency traders were "certain" about this based on Zuma's shenanigans last. That scenario hasn't panned out yet.

Similar dire predictions of the past did not pan out either. Yours may or may not too.Yet people can't help but get into a frenzy about such
Doubleslappedass
Doubleslappedass - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 525
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-25 14:17:09

If I wanted miserable economic predictions and political commentaries I could go to millions of other websites, a boer maak n plan and the poes will keep flowing...
Chmoks
Chmoks - Re: The Reasons why Winter is Coming
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 2201
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-25 20:16:40

On 2016-08-25 13:11:18 pieterd002 said:
What is the effect of the above on you and me.

1.)..
4.) The housing bubble will burst, knocking billions off the values of houses.
6.) Rental rates will go up

It is a buyer's market soon...
This thread is locked. No further replies can be made

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.