Navigation
J-man
J-man - Premier league is back
Premier league is back
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 35
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-12 12:20:18

So I'm personally excited to say that the English premier league is back tomorrow. Feels like i have had a football drought even though we had the euros and some pre season games. However nothing beats the excitement and drama of premier league football and the banter that comes with it. Dubbed the season of the super managers - Klopp, Guardiola, Conte, Mourinho, Wenger, Pochettino, Ranieri. Who is your money on?
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Premier league is back
Re: Premier league is back
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-08-12 13:01:22

Guardiola will battle. His team is not good enough. And overweight.

Ranieri will do well again. But won't win again.

Klopp will end up in third or fourth

Conte will not succeed. His team does not inspire.

Wenger had his first injury, and also no big signings.

Pochettino no good enough squad.

Which leaves : GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED !!!!

Cheers.

Ps : Coming from someone that never ever in his wildest dreams saw Portugal doing what they did.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-08-12 13:10:13

#Pogback...Hope he lives up to his price tag...
The two Manchester Clubs + the two Merseyside Clubs...my Top Four Prediction...Red...Blue...Red...Blue...in that order!

Now to find a venue that will accommodate.
There are some Friday games for this season
playbyday
playbyday - Re: Premier league is back
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 32
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-12 13:16:34

Mourinho will fail, as will Guardiola, so when the spurs oh when the spurs oh when the spurs go marching on.........
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-08-12 13:35:40

"so when the spurs oh when the spurs oh when the spurs go marching on........." Singing GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED !!!!!

LOL
J-man
J-man - Re: Premier league is back
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 36
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-12 13:44:13

I think Portugal surprised us all even though unsurprisingly they had a good squad. Good insight from you Sir, must say I'm quite surprised. However I have to disagree with you on your point of United winning(being a liverpool fan ofcourse).

I think Man United's league success will be attributed to their success in the Europa league. Mourinho will have to decide which is more important, we know both are not possible. Thursday night games have a profound effect on a team.

Conte is much in the mould of Mourinho, similar in the way that he will use that bus to good effect, having changed the wheels and giving it a new lick of paint. Not having european commitment means he will have more time on the training pitch same as Klopp, so do not dismiss the two.

Tottenham have kept all their players and it being the youngest side they could either have learnt from last season or not. Think they have a good back up striker in Jansen this time round.

I think Leicester bought well but losing Kante is a big blow. I think it will limit Drinkwater from pushing up the same way he did last season.

Pep has already started addressing the weight issue but I think he will find it a bit difficult adjusting to the league. He does have the squad though. Focus I think will be more on the champions league for them.

Arsenal need to buy which they seem very reluctant to do. Good young players coming through but not enough to win you a championship.

So my winners will be Liverpool lol. Klopp knows the league now and not having midweek games will count in our favour, fresh legs every weekend or so I'm hoping.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-08-12 13:48:54

Liverpool : That is why you always walk alone ..... at the back....

LOL

It will be a really interesting season. The difference I believe will be Pogba and of course the legend himself : Zlatan.

So lets see, I will be enjoying this season tremendously. And the Europe games will be interesting as well. Spanish league is always good.

Cheers
J-man
J-man - Re: Premier league is back
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 37
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-12 14:14:56

#Pogback=overrated PR statement.

Didn't impress me at all in the euros. Notice how Fergie hasn't said anything about him returning?
samdidtwo
samdidtwo - Re: Premier league is back
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 2034
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-12 14:22:48

Liverpool for life

thats all i am saying for now.

please keep this thread going
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-08-12 14:55:35

On 2016-08-12 13:01:22 pieterd002 said:
Guardiola will battle. His team is not good enough. And overweight.

Ranieri will do well again. But won't win again.

Klopp will end up in third or fourth

Conte will not succeed. His team does not inspire.

Wenger had his first injury, and also no big signings.

Pochettino no good enough squad.

Which leaves : GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED !!!!

Cheers.

Ps : Coming from someone that never ever in his wildest dreams saw Portugal doing what they did.

Pieter...I knew there was a reason that I liked you. When are we watching a game together???

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.