Navigation
Tammar
Tammar - Re: A MUST to remember....
Re: A MUST to remember....
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 24
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-06-15 02:42:47

The words I read give me hope. They are so true.
I've learned a lot by reading this forum.

Thank you ladies
Xxx
Lexus
Lexus - Re: A MUST to remember....
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 363
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-06-15 15:54:33

The greatest challenge in life is discovering who you really are and second thing is being happy with what you find.
Arhwen
Arhwen - Re: A MUST to remember....
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1997
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-06-15 22:21:40

On 2016-06-15 15:54:33 Lexus said:
The greatest challenge in life is discovering who you really are and second thing is being happy with what you find.

So true :)
Mr Bond
Mr Bond - Re: A MUST to remember....
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 754
View Profile
Posted: 2016-06-16 13:52:51

Very profound and insightful, Lexie dear.
Andy9669
Andy9669 - Re: A MUST to remember....
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 116
View Profile
Posted: 2016-06-19 21:28:02

I'm often amazed by how naive we are when we are young.
The truth is that as we grow up we learn about the real world. The world that doesn't care that we are pretty, smart or talented.
We are who we are and that is always enough. Being yourself is the most powerful thing you can do with your life, but it's also the most freaking hard thing you can do.
My three words that describe reality are:
Authenticity
Congruence
Integrity

When you find that, you find what this journey is all about.

May your journey bring you peace, love, value and joy. Always.
Alfy___
Alfy___ - Re: A MUST to remember....
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 3
View Profile
Posted: 2016-10-29 10:26:50

During the press conference to announce NOKIA being acquired by Microsoft, Nokia CEO ended his speech saying this "we didn't do anything wrong, but somehow, we lost". Upon saying that, all his management team, himself included, teared sadly.
Nokia has been a respectable company. They didn't do anything wrong in their business, however, the world changed too fast. Their opponents were too powerful.
They missed out on learning, they missed out on changing, and thus they lost the opportunity at hand to make it big. Not only did they missed the opportunity to earn big money, they lost their chance of survival.
The message of this story is, if you don't change, you shall be removed from the competition.
It's not wrong if you don't want to learn new things. However, if your thoughts and mindset cannot catch up with time, you will be eliminated.
Conclusion:
1. The advantage you have yesterday, will be replaced by the trends of tomorrow. You don't have to do anything wrong, as long as your competitors catch the wave and do it RIGHT, you can lose out and fail.
2. To change and improve yourself is giving yourself a second chance. To be forced by others to change, is like being discarded.
Those who refuse to learn & improve, will definitely one day become redundant & not relevant to the industry. They will learn the lesson in a hard & expensive way.
Alfy___
Alfy___ - Re: A MUST to remember....
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 4
View Profile
Posted: 2016-10-29 10:42:55

Forgot to add, each and everyone of you are amazing and I hope you all stay blessed and safe :)
zeltonb
zeltonb - Re: A MUST to remember....
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 79
View Profile
Posted: 2016-10-31 11:50:22

I think its important to be true to yourself no matter how hard it is or what people may think. And its hard to do that in a judgemental and conservative society. But in the end you must put yourself first. And just dust of the bumps and bruises you collect along the way and wear them as badges of experience and proof of a full life lived. We never get what we want in life but its all down to what we do with what we do get. Its not always a case of " coulda woulda shoulda.
Kim
Kim - Re: A MUST to remember....
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 14
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-11-02 16:10:04

Wow guys this is very touching..
it just reminded me of a few things regarding myself and my life..somewhat of a wake up call..but indeed sometyms we find ourselves living lives or living in situations we never even imagined in the past..
there's one thing I really wanna pull out of in my own life but find it so difficult to..but with reminders like these and all comments made here,I find hope that one day ill finally see my current situation as a past story to tell.
Thanks a lot beautiful ladies and hopefully handsome guys.*smiling*
Arhwen
Arhwen - Re: A MUST to remember....
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 11387
  View Profile  
Posted: 2023-02-03 20:18:20

Been going through the Achives and I came across this thread from back in the day when there was still substance on the forum lots of wisdom in here

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.