Navigation
happy1
happy1 - Money and Happiness
Money and Happiness
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 352
View Profile
Posted: 2016-02-16 16:49:38

People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made.
Arhwen
Arhwen - Re: Money and Happiness
Re: Money and Happiness
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1337
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-02-24 00:59:30

Lol I had a friend in the industry I trusted I arranged a booking 3 k eack for us with a regular well paying client of mine. she got greedy and fucked me over. Her karma became her bitch and things went down hill from there. Needless to say she lost the only real friend she ever had.

So money can but you friends but when the well dries up the friends evaporate.

I know a man that has so much money he doesn't know what to do with it yet hes home life is completely miserable.

So yes money can buy you plenty of thing but not happiness. And if you need things to make you happy you have a serious problem because hapiness is a choice a state of mind and pure joy comes from within ;)
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Money and Happiness
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-02-24 11:23:42
Edited: 2016-02-24 11:25:04

It's true, money can't buy happiness, but it's better to be miserable with money than miserable without money!
Mujahid001
Mujahid001 - Re: Money and Happiness
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 569
View Profile
Posted: 2016-02-24 15:39:42

The most untrue statement ever that money cant buy happiness, especially on this forum.

Money can indeed buy happiness!
Doubleslappedass
Doubleslappedass - Re: Money and Happiness
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 331
View Profile
Posted: 2016-02-25 07:12:24

Money can indeed buy happiness! .... Overnight happiness , hourly happiness , hit and run happiness.. But I think Charlie sheen may be proof that even that happiness runs out at some point
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-08-29 15:04:31

As they say, 'money isn't everything'....as I say, 'it's the only thing'
Super A
Super A - Re: Money and Happiness
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 3
View Profile
Posted: 2016-09-10 06:58:01

The only problem with money is....more money more problems....it's not that money can't buy happiness, it's the fact if do have money, people around your money want to your money and hence inhibit your happiness.

If you think money can't make you happy, you're just too poor to understand it. If you think having money will make you happy, you've clearly never have any.

Money is simply a tool - having it verses using it, is where the interesting magic happens....

Sadly, too few people really understand how to earn it....
Sibyl
Sibyl - Re: Money and Happiness
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 30
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-09-10 10:20:15
Edited: 2016-09-10 10:28:41

In a modern urban society, money is unfortunately a necessary evil. You need money to have a roof over your head, to eat and to pay your bills. Lack of money and the resultant stress that comes with that, will make any person miserable to a certain degree. So in a sense, money does buy happiness in that it can alleviate stress, but conversely having lots of money and assests, does not necessarily guarantee happiness.

The problem is that most people equate their own self worth in terms of wealth and assets, always competing with their peers, perpetuating the notion that to be happy you have to have lots of money. Ironically, this endless race in itself, can result in alot of stress and unhappiness, because most times people over extend themselves, just to maintain the illusion of prosperity. So it becomes a vicious circle.

Personally, I'm not into diamonds and pearls, fur coats and flashy cars. I live a frugal simple life and I'm debt free. I do not care if my friends or neighbors have more than me, because at the end of the day I know that what I have in terms of family, love, peace and happiness, is worth far more than the greatest wealth on earth. Besides, when we die, we are all equal in terms of wealth, as none of us can take it with us on our journey to the other side.......
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-09-10 12:16:40

The Greatest wealth is contentment
Sibyl
Sibyl - Re: Money and Happiness
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 32
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-09-10 18:32:39

@cobra_za , exactly!

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.