Navigation
Layla
Layla - "Holy" men...
"Holy" men...
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 50
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-02-10 12:50:46

Any views on religious men such as pastors, moulanas and others using the money that the community pays them for punting?

Having True Caller app on my phone there is far too many calls from people with "ML" as a title.

I donate a portion of my income to religious organisations as do many people. I find this incredibly offensive that these leaders are using this money to solicit sexual favours!
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: "Holy" men...
Re: "Holy" men...
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-02-10 13:02:44

Yeah it is a total fuck up but rather they solicit girls than abuse children
samdidtwo
samdidtwo - Re: "Holy" men...
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1621
View Profile
Posted: 2016-02-10 13:04:13

"grabs a big packet of niknaks, pours a very stiff one"
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-02-10 13:10:23
Edited: 2016-02-10 13:11:28

@Layla... the thing is, can you confirm whether the money is from the tithing or from their own stipend...

If it's from their own stipend (salary) then I really don't see an issue with it... the salary is generally set by a council and not by himself, if he wants to spend his earnings on your time or on cinema tickets then it's entirely up to him.

If he is paying in a stack of R10 notes taken in by passing the plate around the pews, well then that's a different issue completely and he should be shown the door while you apply your boots to his bottom.

At the end of the day, you have to use your own moral compass to navigate this one... who are we to judge.
[deleted]
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-02-10 13:13:24

What's "ML"?
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-02-10 13:18:21

We had a rabbi some years back here on the forum even caused a major stink in the jewish community because he feel in lust with the wg, lol

I suppose they men with a dick so it will happen

...and he is keeping the money in circulation!
iam007 (0)
iam007 (0) - Re: "Holy" men...
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 26
View Profile
Posted: 2016-02-10 13:20:05

Oh dear...where to draw the line? Might then also not do, say married men (seeing that a large percentage that punt is married). Wrong profession I think.
[deleted]
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-02-10 13:27:20

On 2016-02-10 13:18:21 daporra said:
We had a rabbi some years back here on the forum

Not to mention WG Brooke whose ads emhasised she was Jewish
Layla
Layla - Re: "Holy" men...
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 51
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-02-10 13:32:45

I reported a ML (moulana) in the private advertisers forum. After excessive abuse over whatsapp and a no show.

Just felt the need to further vent here after I realised that the community pays his entire salary.

I have no views on rabbis and pastors at all.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-02-10 13:41:30

@Layla, taking the moral issues out of the equation, and sticking to the question you asked (you didnt ask what we think about these guys punting), as someone pointed out, it depends on what money they use. If it's from their salary one is inclined to say it's fine, BUT the salary is also paid from funds given by the congregation who would surely not give if they were aware that this is what happens with the money. So it is a tricky one and I'm inclined to say no they shouldn't be punting with that money even if it's from their salary. If it's from other sources, for example an inheritance, then it's fine.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.