Russian Bridgitte
Russian Bridgitte - Information warfare
Information warfare
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 456
  View Profile  
Posted: 2015-11-29 08:36:32

Quoted....

"the most drastic improvement would be to reform to classical western education where Keats and Byron are readily embraced in the classroom."

"...that doesn't sound revolutionary?"

"......it is absolutely revolutionary. We have people in power that have explicitly engineered our education system to make people dumb, obedient and uncreative.
They should be removed from power so that people can be free thinking, well educated, sensible, non reactionary people.....this is a revolutionary thing."

Hackers.
Whistleblowers.

Friend or foe?
Anarchist?
Revolutionist?

Does it lead to increased transparency?
Or
Severe instability?

Heard whisperings of the "Age of Aquarius"....
Long overdue.

:o
B.
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: Information warfare
Re: Information warfare
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 3309
View Profile
Posted: 2015-11-29 13:32:41

Very interesting Ma'am.

We are all being reduced to unthinking, brainless, brainwashed automatons.

It's called Globalization.

The picturesqueness of the many beautiful and varied ancient cultures will be reduced to a boring sameness.

We will all look the same like the Ancient Egyptians looked of old.

Mr Keats, Byron, Shakespeare are derided and looked upon as old fashioned fuddyduddys.

FunTrip
FunTrip - Re: Information warfare
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 139
View Profile
Posted: 2015-11-29 15:14:42

Ms B, you are spot on. The education system is still based on churning out workers for factories and offices from the early 1800's, so that there is a ready workforce that does not question. No entrepreneurs or self thinkers, just plain old obedient workers.
Russian Bridgitte
Russian Bridgitte - Re: Information warfare
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 459
  View Profile  
Posted: 2015-11-29 20:26:58

Dearest Sir Layden.

I wish I could disagree with u. Sadly. It is true.

Uniqueness of thought, aspiration to preserve cultures and learn the ancient arts , understanding quietness of mind and having the patience to allow others their individuality is met with abuse and intolerance.

Globalization is a phenomenal concept that has created nations of sheep. Made cowards of the brave and silenced common sense and bullied the masses into submission for fear of being made am example of.

As to fuddy duddy....damn! I am then the epitome of a true fuddy duddy!!!!

Xxx
B.

Russian Bridgitte
Russian Bridgitte - Re: Information warfare
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 460
  View Profile  
Posted: 2015-11-29 20:42:53

Greetings dearest Funtrip.

You may be right, but, personally, I am not sure as to what local education is hoping to churn out. It is befuddling.

Education seems to be failing the youth. There is no understanding as to its value nor is there an incentive for the youth to apply themselves.

How can there be, when many in power themselves have lied and falsified their educational credentials or may even have none .

As to obedience....mmmmmm

They say the fish stinks from the head....

:(
B.
Ben Layden
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 3310
View Profile
Posted: 2015-11-29 21:57:38

Let me put it in simpler English.

There is no disagreement at all between my position and Mistress Bridgett's.

Is not the diversity of cultures and people of this world beautiful?

But Globalization's agenda is the very opposite:
UNIFORMITY.

Individuality is ruthlessly suppressed.

Uniformity in thinking is just as ruthlessly enforced.

As proof, notice the invidious censure which some of my posts elicit on this forum.

catalyst52
catalyst52 - Re: Information warfare
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 32
View Profile
Posted: 2015-11-29 22:43:46

This is as old as the 'oldest profession in the world' and it's simple politics.

Keep the sheeple informed well enough so that they think that they are well-informed.

Teach them to become tax-payers, not entrepreneurs, so that they can feed the system.

Insert inspirational propaganda at every turn and corner so that the sheeple vote emotionally.

Fund their religion so that they are appeased by head-puppet sheeple.

The list can go on...

The only problem is that even though we are aware of it, there is little that can be done to break the system. The only way out is to break the economies of the world so that we are back to bartering for goods and skills. Science needs to break the concept of working for money by perfecting material replicators.

Peace.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Information warfare
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2015-11-30 08:43:04

It is all good and well to blame some system for the failures we have, but education starts at home, and it is the responsibility of each and every parent to teach his children these basic things that we know is missing from our schooling system.

I do know there is an counter argument to say that not all is capable of doing that, but to that I also disagree, you don't need any education to instill a sense a pride in your kids, to motivate them to rise above the rest.

Jameslasting
Jameslasting - Re: Information warfare
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 205
View Profile
Posted: 2015-11-30 16:15:19

yewrev, yes I agree that it is the parent's responsibility, not the teachers. But what do you as a parent do when the state education system is as screwed as previous posters have mentioned, and the private schooling system is filled with paedophiles getting their jollies?

Ben Layden, agreed that our cultural and racial differences are great and awesome. But surely globalisation (which is really the only causing changes in the trade, production and consumption of goods) isn't bad -- it highlights our differences, allows sharing of practices (and culture and religion) amongst others. Eskimoes will still not need cooling, and the Congolese will still not need heaters. Just exactly how is this going to turn us all into a mono-everything species?
Ben Layden
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 3312
View Profile
Posted: 2015-11-30 19:29:13

@ Jameslasting, you will soon be [deleted].

I must therefore decline answering your question.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.