Navigation
happy1
happy1 - Re: Fuel price is going to down
Re: Fuel price is going to down
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 321
View Profile
Posted: 2015-10-05 21:28:58

And WAY out of our control, Not E n O u G h r A i n!
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Fuel price is going to down
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2015-10-05 21:51:43
Edited: 2015-10-05 21:57:54

Deamonza

I am in agreement that biofuels as we know it which is derived from crops are not the solution to the problem, as it had secondary effects as you mentioned when farmers converted lands to biofuel production.

What I said was in fact :
"But then look at the emergence of alternative fuels, which will soon be made available locally, and I am not talking about sunflower diesel. The first plant is being constructed and will be in operation hopefully by January."

I was specifically not talking about biofuels per se, but about a process called Thermal Mechanical Cracking which in laymans terms turn waste into energy. And as an added bonus, not only diesel is produced this way, but also electricity.

The diesel produced is of a cleaner content than what we are currently getting, and the added bonus is that waste is processed instead of using landfills to get rid of it.

The first plant will be operational in January 2016.

And the cost of production is much lower than the price of fuel, making it a viable option even at the relative low prices that we are currently paying. Should the price go up as I am predicting, the profit margins on this process will rise exponentially.

Fracking is a cheaper way of producing oil, but it was profitable when the price of oil was over 80 dollars per barrel. The American Government specifically allowed fracking as a measure to counter their reliance on external sources where they could be held to ransom if no oil was delivered.

The first Gulf War started when Iraq invaded Kuwait, a longtime supplier of oil to the USA. Then the UA took decisive steps to safeguard their oil supplies.

Since fracking has been in place, their reliance have dropped, and as such the demand for OPEC fuel has dwindled. That would be the primary reason for the drop in the oil prices. Secondary to that was the slowdown in the American and World economy.

So with the emergence of new technology, fuel can become even cheaper, although I believe that the commercial venture around this new production of fuel will not be channelled to the ordinary citizen. Greed, and I use the word in a good context, will ensure that maximum profits are realised, same as Sasol. Just to keep the Governments hands away from it. Which will fail, as they will invariably slap a special tax on it. But working on that.

[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2015-10-05 21:53:55

Iamfunluva

I have a little knowledge in this field as it is one of the projects that I am burying myself in to keep my mind from wondering.

But thank you Sir.
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: Fuel price is going to down
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 3149
View Profile
Posted: 2015-10-05 22:53:40

Quoth Peterbuck
"But since the Saudis were implicated in so many terrorist attacks, they are afraid to take that step."

What utter balderdash!
I am astonished at your ignorance.

Pray, name ONE terrorist attack in which the Saudis were implicated.
Sir, the Saudis are the lackeys of the Americans , which is why they are the VICTIMS of terrorism, not the perpetrators.

By the by, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
None other than Mr Mandela was called a terrorist.

Paradoxically, if the American economy does badly, it helps us in the short term because it just postpones an interest rate hike which is adverse to emerging economies.

[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2015-10-06 08:27:34
Edited: 2015-10-06 08:29:10

Mr Ben Layden

Pray forgive my ignorance on this matter. I probably made a mistake then in assuming that Osama Bin Laden was from Saudi descent, and that the initial finding for al-Qaeda was derived from his inheritance from his billionaire father. I probably made a further mistake then in assuming that the 25 million US dollar reward for the capture of Ben Layden was just to have him over for tea at the White House.

In 1973 as a direct result of the Yom Kippur War, Saudi Arabia together with other Arab countries announced a rise in the price of oil, as well as 5% cuts monthly till their objectives were met.

The Saudis now have distanced themselves from the rest of the Arab countries as again in my humble opinion they are now scared to jeopardise relations with the USA.

So in my humble opinion the Saudis are now the lackeys of the USA ? Question begs just why is it now, as they were previously the ringleader of Opec, with Yamani's name becoming a household name.

The fact that the USA economy is doing badly will have an effect on SA, but only very indirectly. The interest rate is usually a macro economic tool to kickstart economic investment, as low interest rates will lead to investment in the private sector, stimulating economic growth, removing investment from Government bonds.

The interest rate in SA is similarly used to stimulate economic growth, but also in this wonderfully flawed economy of ours to curb spending and trying to contain the ever rising inflation rate, which basket the Government has raped time and time again to keep it between their precious 3-6 % "acceptable" band.

The USA is not such a great economic partner to SA, so the decline in the US economy had, again in my humble opinion, little to do with the interest rates in SA.

The last thing that I want to get involved with on a fucking site is a discussion about terrorism, for as you so rightly mention, one man's terrorist could very well be another man's freedom fighter.

Peace
matthew0506
matthew0506 - Re: Fuel price is going to down
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 266
View Profile
Posted: 2015-10-06 08:40:21

Gentlemen, I've made my diesel tank full and saved money for punting. Lol
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: Fuel price is going to down
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 3150
View Profile
Posted: 2015-10-06 08:58:36

Quoth Peterbuck:
"The last thing that I want to get involved with on a fucking site is a discussion about terrorism..."

Sir, neither do I.
I am not accustomed to such circuitous casuistry as you have displayed.
What next. That the Martians have landed?

OBL was a Saudi renegade.
In no way was his terrorism sanctioned by the Saudi govt.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2015-10-06 12:02:59

En nou gaan die arabs en die joode baklei terwyl die klein porra a coloured gaan skrop, my Afrikaans is very delicious!
undercoverpta
undercoverpta - Re: Fuel price is going to down
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 206
View Profile
Posted: 2015-10-06 14:23:20

Ja.....well...no fine. So listen is the price of a punt in Pta going to increase or decrease?
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2015-10-06 15:05:12

Mr Ben Layden

The slightly circuitous route used to explain my reasoning was done in the hope that no further explanation would be needed. In my reasoning I have used facts freely available and made assumptions based on the way that I see it. I can use many more examples, but fail to see any positive outcome in this difference of opinion.

With all due respect, this is an open forum and everyone is entitled to their own opininon. Yours might differ from mine, and far be it from me to show you the error in your ways.

But to ask me about the Martians, Sir, that is a new topic of discussion and one which I will happily discuss at lenght, especially after I consumed several bottles of excellent wine, as wisdom comes from the bottom of the bottle. (Source : Peter Buck). I usually find that such stimulationg topics are better discussed when there is no reasonable hope of remebering the next day what I said. LOL.

I would actually refer to myself as a linear thinker, as oppose to a casuistry thinker. But then, it depends on which facts you choose to believe. And again, Sir, you are entitled to your own beliefs. My reasoning is based on fact. Dispute my facts and I will gladly relook the situation.

Kindly refrain from putting a lable on my reasoning. You are becoming personal. And showing a distinct lack of respect for a fellow punter.

Please adhere to Rule 1 of the ESA Forum. Respect.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.