Navigation
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Fuel price is going to down
Re: Fuel price is going to down
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2015-10-06 15:06:03

Daporra : LOL : Please enjoy sir, it is the reason why we are here on the forum.

Steelcocktale
Steelcocktale - Re: Fuel price is going to down
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 135
View Profile
Posted: 2015-10-06 15:07:51

Whilst i have read all the comments and agree with most that we are in short fucked............but it maybe worse. The way this plays out is as follows as was with every so called take over the government of the day first stuffs up the economy. We end up owing more than we have and the balance of payments goes south. No problem we borrow money from world bank to prop up the failing economy. The next move involves the devaluation of the rand. And anything you own here will be worthless. Objective achieved. At last we have narrowed the gap between the haves and the have not's. It takes about 25-30 years to repair the damage caused as the economists say its easy to destroy something but its very hard to build a country or a company that can last.
The diesel price shot up because there will be a shortage of coal and we will have to burn the diesel for electricity. There is no steel industry left it has all but closed down. We wont be asking if the price of fuel is going down? we will be lucky if we have fuel. The influence of electric motor vehicles is a reality and will influence the oil production in the future.
I for one am sure we will be in recession by December and the 24 month forward cover for the rand is R19 TO ONE USD.
Its not a pretty picture at all.....the obsession with the transformation of wealth and the economy into the previously disadvantaged few has a price, and we are about to find out if our beloved country is crying.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2015-10-06 15:08:44

Undercover :

Will the price of a punt in Pretoria go up or down ? This is a very valid question. Kindly allow me to look into my mystic crystall ball :

Using my linear thinking method, the answer is :

I dont know.

Only time will tell.

Happy punting.

LOL
JACKRIBET
JACKRIBET - Re: Fuel price is going to down
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 760
View Profile
Posted: 2015-10-06 15:09:30

I lost 67 per cents on US stocks. So don't know in which currency I should now invest.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2015-10-06 15:28:36

On 2015-10-06 15:05:12 PeterBuck said:

Kindly refrain from putting a lable on my reasoning. You are becoming personal. And showing a distinct lack of respect for a fellow punter.

Please adhere to Rule 1 of the ESA Forum. Respect.

Surely hope you said above in pure jest. If you are serious, kindly remove the dildo stuck up your backside and return it to the wg who forgot it there.

Where is Ibra when you need her to call punters dogs and naaiers.? Lol!

[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2015-10-06 15:38:39

On 2015-10-06 15:09:30 JACKRIBET said:
I lost 67 per cents on US stocks. So don't know in which currency I should now invest.

Hold them, I am assuming you mean US Government bonds... Given the current devaluation of the rand holding any sort of FOREX is a very good plan and government bonds are better for long term security in my opinion...

As bad as it sounds I am loving the exchange rate at the moment... I bank in the US and this is working in my favor completely as I pay everything by US debit card and the prices have basically gone down for me when I book cars and hotels in SA as the prices haven't shot up in line with the exchange rate.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2015-10-06 16:02:46

On 2015-10-06 15:07:51 Steelcocktale said:
At last we have narrowed the gap between the haves and the have not's.

To quote a wise man, Kak... jy praat stront meneer...

The gap has in fact widened, and will continue to do so as long as the middle class is expected to shoulder the burden of the entire country. It is simply not sustainable to tax your middle class to death and put them in the position they are in right now.

A middle class person has to pay over a very large portion of his salary as tax, and yes while he is still wealthy enough to afford to go out a buy his really woolies things he is also paying much more in VAT because of it. His house in Bryanston is in a higher rates bracket then a settlement house in Tembisa, his power use is completely paid for by himself. He will never use a government hospital, he will never get a state pension, he does not use any government service that he does not pay for... And yet he pays through his nose.
Now as someone who has lived in countries where there is a social system that works I would say yes, there is a better level of equality there. In Barcelona for example if you go to any hospital you will see a rich man sitting next a poor man waiting his turn to see a doctor, their kids will go to the same school more often then not. All of this funded by the taxes, this is fair, this is equitable.
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: Fuel price is going to down
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 3151
View Profile
Posted: 2015-10-06 16:53:42

On 2015-10-06 08:27:34 PeterBuck said:

The last thing that I want to get involved with on a fucking site is a discussion about terrorism...

Peterbuck, by your favour:
Do not use expletives on this forum, I pray you.
It is ungentlemanly, unseemly, and it transgresses Rule no. 1 of the ESA forum.

Steelcocktale
Steelcocktale - Re: Fuel price is going to down
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 136
View Profile
Posted: 2015-10-06 16:55:07

Dear Deamonza the fact that as you put it "paying through your nose"is just the point of the argument and as you state it's not sustainable i agree with you entirely and backs up the theory that at some point something must break or give way, what i am not sure but mine was a viewpoint that i have,on the matter thats all.
matthew0506
matthew0506 - Re: Fuel price is going to down
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 268
View Profile
Posted: 2015-10-06 18:30:46

Guys, hurry up, the diesel price is going up this midnight. Full your tank, save money and spend on our ladies!

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.