Navigation
Fred9
Fred9 - Saved from a bad punt?
Saved from a bad punt?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 191
View Profile
Posted: 2024-04-27 15:06:59

So i saw a review on a double....Looked quite good.
Contact them via Whatsapp yesterday and set up a booking for 10am this morning. WhatsApps all friendly etc.
I told them, if for some reason you cannot make it, please let me know, and i will do the same. (I know shit happens).

This morning i got up, went for my normal walk.
As i approached the estate i live in, my friend from overseas is at the gate (he still owns a house in the estate). I knew he was coming to SA and we had a date set up for a few days later. But he said he just want to go see his house which he is renting out and then will quickly come for tea at my house.

So i had to cancel my booking, the moment i stepped into my house. Send a whatsapp at around 9am to cancel our 10am booking. I was quite pleased with myself for managing ti quickly send a cancelation.

Jo, did i get a rude response. Something like stop wasting their time and never bother to book them again.

And i was really thinking, i will try another day. But after that rude response, maybe good that the booking never happened....
Tatiana
Tatiana - Re: Saved from a bad punt?
Re: Saved from a bad punt?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 21
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-04-27 15:17:23

This is very rude!
You did however cancel!

Please see our doubles ad
Dangerous Duo Northcliff Randburg.
NkosanaCharming
NkosanaCharming - Re: Saved from a bad punt?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 144
View Profile
Posted: 2024-04-27 15:36:57

Ladies on the site probably deal with a lot of time wasters. Time lost is money lost. You could have been lumped in with those guys.

A better response would have been great. But I wouldn't read too much into it because of the nature of this business. If they have good reviews, I'd try again.
Kaycee
Kaycee - Re: Saved from a bad punt?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 14142
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-04-27 16:52:58

On 2024-04-27 15:06:59 Fred9 said:
So i saw a review on a double....Looked quite good.
Contact them via Whatsapp yesterday and set up a booking for 10am this morning. WhatsApps all friendly etc.
I told them, if for some reason you cannot make it, please let me know, and i will do the same. (I know shit happens).

This morning i got up, went for my normal walk.
As i approached the estate i live in, my friend from overseas is at the gate (he still owns a house in the estate). I knew he was coming to SA and we had a date set up for a few days later. But he said he just want to go see his house which he is renting out and then will quickly come for tea at my house.

So i had to cancel my booking, the moment i stepped into my house. Send a whatsapp at around 9am to cancel our 10am booking. I was quite pleased with myself for managing ti quickly send a cancelation.

Jo, did i get a rude response. Something like stop wasting their time and never bother to book them again.

And i was really thinking, i will try another day. But after that rude response, maybe good that the booking never happened....

Post a comment on their ads and on the review section...

Men must be warned!!!

Need4Passion
Need4Passion - Re: Saved from a bad punt?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 6710
View Profile
Posted: 2024-04-27 20:30:34

Listen bra, I get that you had the decency to cancel "before" great!

They were very rude in response and that's not cool!

That being said, it was an hour before in a Saturday morning. I don't think anyone fancies waking up early on a Saturday morning and both of them did to accommodate your booking. The two of them probably already got ready, make-up, dresssed up, showered, shaved, maybe babysitters, venue bookings in advance, everything and likely on their way to or already at the venue when you cancelled. I would also swear you if you cancelled at 9am on a Saturday morning meeting at 10am, I ain't even kidding.

"Sorry can't make it" wasn't good enough at that time. Night before is okayish although that just meant they not waking early and preparing for it but probably wasn't booking another. Afternoon before and no guilt as it's plenty time to decide to do something else, get another customer, or sleep in or take the kids out or whatever and cancel Amy room or babysitting bookings.

With that cancellation, should have been a "I'll transfer you'll an apology fee" or "I'll pay in advance to reschedule plus a little something for today" to show you're serious and do really want to book them.

Yes, you might have valid reasons as you explained, but think from their perspective,you really were just another time waster that made a booking and cancelled at the last minute. That is the reality of what happened to them.

N4P
Beautiful Busty British Gabby
Beautiful Busty British Gabby - Re: Saved from a bad punt?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1340
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-04-27 21:01:34
Edited: 2024-04-27 21:10:39

Need4Passion is spot on with his comment.

60 minutes is not a good enough time to cancel. Especially if arranged day before.

I personally would not have been rude to you but I would not take a booking from you again either.

Even if you cancel a doctor's booking you pay if you did not cancel at least 2 or more hours before.

The ladies would have had to prepare for that double booking and 10am is early for a saterday.

You should have offered a cancellation fee or tell your mate your see him at 11am

Sorry the girls must have lost out on other bookings too.

Just saying.
Miss Red ( Aka Louise )
Miss Red ( Aka Louise ) - Re: Saved from a bad punt?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 6877
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-04-27 21:05:26

@N4P.. if there was a thumbs up or like button now i would have pressed it a kazillion times.;)

I am generally not the rude type even if this would be the scenario of a cancellation.

It is just not worth my peace of mind and energy to loose it like that.

That said.. we are all human and I can understand why a lady might loose her cool.

It is nearing month end and they have bills to pay and that hour is now lost as a no income hour, no one knows her financial situation at that moment, that hours income might have made the difference between her meeting a financial obligation or not.

All the points you mentioned is 100% valid.

For us ladies this is our business our livelyhood afterall and we should be shown the same consideration as when you have a regular business meeting.

No one would blow of a regular business meeting to have tea with the neighbour so why should it be okay to do that to an SP.
Angie
Angie - Re: Saved from a bad punt?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3453
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-04-27 21:06:40

On 2024-04-27 20:30:34 Need4Passion said:
Listen bra, I get that you had the decency to cancel "before" great!

They were very rude in response and that's not cool!

That being said, it was an hour before in a Saturday morning. I don't think anyone fancies waking up early on a Saturday morning and both of them did to accommodate your booking. The two of them probably already got ready, make-up, dresssed up, showered, shaved, maybe babysitters, venue bookings in advance, everything and likely on their way to or already at the venue when you cancelled. I would also swear you if you cancelled at 9am on a Saturday morning meeting at 10am, I ain't even kidding.

"Sorry can't make it" wasn't good enough at that time. Night before is okayish although that just meant they not waking early and preparing for it but probably wasn't booking another. Afternoon before and no guilt as it's plenty time to decide to do something else, get another customer, or sleep in or take the kids out or whatever and cancel Amy room or babysitting bookings.

With that cancellation, should have been a "I'll transfer you'll an apology fee" or "I'll pay in advance to reschedule plus a little something for today" to show you're serious and do really want to book them.

Yes, you might have valid reasons as you explained, but think from their perspective,you really were just another time waster that made a booking and cancelled at the last minute. That is the reality of what happened to them.

N4P

#facts
Jess
Jess - Re: Saved from a bad punt?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2160
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-04-27 21:14:43

I agree with N4P. Notice that short would upset any sp. It still doesn't warrant a rude response. Sometimes we hit the keypad in the heat of the moment.

Unfortunately, in this business we win some we lose some. There are regular time wasters, and then there are decent gents who happen on a bit of bad luck.

I think in that situation it needs to be a phone call. It's more personal and the person will be able to hear you are sincere.

Gwede1980
Gwede1980 - Re: Saved from a bad punt?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 117
View Profile
Posted: 2024-04-27 21:43:47

With all that being said still why must you be rude it's business you win some you loose some, WG's cancel on punters too sometimes after you drove all the way from joburg to Pretoria, rudeness is not encouraged in any form of business is not good for repeat business either for the ladies.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.